Biobizz Bizness

• Thread starter Onetwothree
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Hello Hivemind!! So I have been doing a bunch of research and while this may be premature (I'm about a month away from harvest on my first grow) I'm planning my second grow and want to go with organic nutes. I'm eventually going to up my game and make my own super soil and feed with teas, but....baby steps, so for my second grow, organic nutrients only is my goal.

I'm on my first grow and things are going really well using the fox farms trio, but I'd really like to challenge myself and see what I can do by going organic. I honestly don't believe in eating only organic from the supermarket, since organic has become a buzzword and has been co opted by big business,but for my own personal use, I can see the benefits.

So long story short, I'm really leaning towards the biobizz line and here's my question....if I get the grow, bloom, and top max, would that cover me as far as all my micro nutrients go? I'll be planting in FFOF.

I've read all the biobizz threads on here, but would love to have some dialogue with people who have/are using it that could give me pointers on any amendments I might need. I'm open to start trying to brew some teas, but was hoping to get a few more grows under my belt before relying too heavily on teas and super soil, although that is my ultimate goal.

Anyway, much love to you all and thanks for any help and direction.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

My bad on the double post. Stupid phone reloaded the page when I woke up. Can a moderator fix this? Apologies.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I use biobizz grow and bloom. I will say this....Make sure you give enough cal with it unless you use it full strength. I don't I use it at half strength and the first grow I did with it I got a massive C-
since then I give a cal supplement. I don't use cal mag products I use cal and mag separately (mag by foliar only). Iv had no issues since and don't plan on changing it. It works for me. I assume if you use the other products in the range you might not need extra cal. I can only speak for using grow and bloom only. I don't know what is in the other products in the range as iv never used them.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I use biobizz grow and bloom. I will say this....Make sure you give enough cal with it unless you use it full strength. I don't I use it at half strength and the first grow I did with it I got a massive C-
since then I give a cal supplement. I don't use cal mag products I use cal and mag separately (mag by foliar only). Iv had no issues since and don't plan on changing it. It works for me. I assume if you use the other products in the range you might not need extra cal. I can only speak for using grow and bloom only. I don't know what is in the other products in the range as iv never used them.

Thank you!! I'll keep that in mind as I was definitely not planning on feeding full strength. I'm totally new at this but I've heard it time and time again to go easy with nutrients...for my 1st grow I started at 1/4 recommended strength and eventually bumped up to 1/2 once they were 3 weeks into flower. That was with Fox Farm though, and I figured they were super hot.

@kbellfoy do you supplement with anything else besides cal and mag? Any 3rd party bloom enhancers or anything else?

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Thank you!! I'll keep that in mind as I was definitely not planning on feeding full strength. I'm totally new at this but I've heard it time and time again to go easy with nutrients...for my 1st grow I started at 1/4 recommended strength and eventually bumped up to 1/2 once they were 3 weeks into flower. That was with Fox Farm though, and I figured they were super hot.

@kbellfoy do you supplement with anything else besides cal and mag? Any 3rd party bloom enhancers or anything else?

Yes I do if I think they need it. I give a dose of AN overdrive week 6 and week 7. I can't find anything organic that works as good as the overdrive which annoys me after iv spent all them weeks fully organic. I have heard ppl using the full bio bizz line do really well. I don't use the full line as I amend my soil each grow so less messing with bottles. I am a HUGE fan of humic and fulvic acid. The stuff is awesome. I use that from birth so to speak. It's the first water my seedlings get. Helps the roots develop and later on helps plants uptake nutrient which is my secret weapon lol for using less nutes. It's not expensive either. Other than that I'm just using the usual organic AACT and SSST.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

Yes I do if I think they need it. I give a dose of AN overdrive week 6 and week 7. I can't find anything organic that works as good as the overdrive which annoys me after iv spent all them weeks fully organic. I have heard ppl using the full bio bizz line do really well. I don't use the full line as I amend my soil each grow so less messing with bottles. I am a HUGE fan of humic and fulvic acid. The stuff is awesome. I use that from birth so to speak. It's the first water my seedlings get. Helps the roots develop and later on helps plants uptake nutrient which is my secret weapon lol for using less nutes. It's not expensive either. Other than that I'm just using the usual organic AACT and SSST.

Much obliged. I've been doing a ton of research on teas lately. Gonna try to get a Brewer set up going this weekend.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

@kbellfoy I just applied my first tea, and I'm totally hooked. I love the idea of brewing up teas like a mad scientist! I have a question though...I used one of my wife's old stockings as a tea bag and even after giving it a wash under the sink it's pretty grimy. Do you just throw these away or try to get them as clean as possible? Tossing them seems like it would be such a waste, not to mention get pretty pricey, even buying crazy cheap stockings would add up eventually.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

@kbellfoy I just applied my first tea, and I'm totally hooked. I love the idea of brewing up teas like a mad scientist! I have a question though...I used one of my wife's old stockings as a tea bag and even after giving it a wash under the sink it's pretty grimy. Do you just throw these away or try to get them as clean as possible? Tossing them seems like it would be such a waste, not to mention get pretty pricey, even buying crazy cheap stockings would add up eventually.

I do throw mine away. I wouldn't even want to try cleaning them. Someone will chime in for ya with an answer. Btw that's a great question. If no one replies do a thread on it.

Ecompost

Ecompost

I use Better Organix, its about x3 times stronger than bio bizz, does not lack or require added bottles of CaMg or PK or Micros or anything beyond Veg and Floret. Veg is awesomeness and floret as a late bloom feed post stretch is a winner making fat big tasty sweet blooms, it also enables instant access to potting soil so media can be reused immediately. Its is 100% organic and is a dual purpose fert and bio stim
www.betterorganix.com

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

I use Better Organix, its about x3 times stronger than bio bizz, does not lack or require added bottles of CaMg or PK or Micros or anything beyond Veg and Floret. Veg is awesomeness and floret as a late bloom feed post stretch is a winner making fat big tasty sweet blooms, it also enables instant access to potting soil so media can be reused immediately. Its is 100% organic and is a dual purpose fert and bio stim
www.betterorganix.com

Awesome info! I'm thinking about using only teas for my first go round with organics, but that sounds super simple! I may have to add those bottles to my shelf as a back up :)

Ecompost

Ecompost

Awesome info! I'm thinking about using only teas for my first go round with organics, but that sounds super simple! I may have to add those bottles to my shelf as a back up :)
good luck, tea is the way forward, simple rules, 12 hour brew with Fish equals good N feed with bacteria, if you dont need N use kelp.

24 hours is best for fungal mass, I swap out the fish or kelp for a simple starch, oats or bran etc.

lastly, for a plant pick me up and overall booster, brew for 48 hours with kelp to get a protozoa tea, these little critters will eat your fungus and bacteria, releasing all that goodness for our plants.

Onetwothree

Onetwothree

good luck, tea is the way forward, simple rules, 12 hour brew with Fish equals good N feed with bacteria, if you dont need N use kelp.

24 hours is best for fungal mass, I swap out the fish or kelp for a simple starch, oats or bran etc.

lastly, for a plant pick me up and overall booster, brew for 48 hours with kelp to get a protozoa tea, these little critters will eat your fungus and bacteria, releasing all that goodness for our plants.

Thanks for the advice @Ecompost! I've learned a ton from reading your posts around the forum. Much obliged.

Patanjali

Patanjali

www.betterorganix.com
Isn't this your company?

Top Bottom