Biochar thread, someone school me up!!

• Thread starter ezenzyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Hey folks, thru what i have been reading and following i think its time to take the step up and get some BIOCHAR happening in my life. Well i have about 10k gal of soil to amend and have decided that the most viable path for me is using some lump charcoal, in my neck of the woods there is a brand by the name El Diablo its a pure lump made from mesquite thats found in the Southwest. I want to use that stuff, crush it up and soak it in some nice goat tea for a while then mix around 5% into my soil. Few questions beyond your thoughts, Will the addition of char to my soils interact with any rock dusts i may want to add? How about with silica or different amendments that i would like to use?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I use bone char in my grow bags and in my fields for a lot of crops. Kind of creeps me out spreading and mixing it but I love the quality it produces. Really high in carbon (obviously) but also calcium and phos.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Homesteader you seem like the kinda cat that would make his own biochar, if not where do you source it? and what kinda of application rates do you use? Do you see a difference with it in your grow bags?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I burn wood for heat so I use a lot of wood ash on my property but I buy my bone char. I think it's 40 dollars for a 50lb bag. I use about a cup or two per plant mixed in.

BadDreams

BadDreams

Make a camp fire then put it out when lots of charcoal present. Dig a hole, put some dried leaves in. Bit of cow manure. Water it in with molasses and water. Plant your plant. Water when necessary.
Works great for sandy lifeless soil, but you may not notice much with good quality soil.
Hope this helps.

Holder33

Holder33

You can check the various available books online where you can read the content as per your requirements. I have tried to find out the https://www.topwritersreview.com/best-resume-editing-services/ site platform which provides different writing reviews for many students who need assignment writing help online. Students can choose the books according to the platform they are looking for.

Holder33

Holder33

You can check the various available books online where you can read the content as per your requirements. I have tried to find out the https://www.topwritersreview.com/best-resume-editing-services/ site platform which provides different writing reviews for many students who need assignment writing help online. Students can choose the books according to the platform they are looking for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom