BIOS grow lights.. not sure how to power

• Thread starter whereoutlet
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whereoutlet

I found a source of some assorted BIOS brand grow lights, Icarus Vi 321-TUXJ-00007, Icarus Vi 321-TUXJ-00009-B, and Vi 4-HO 321-TUXJ-00001-R for example. Plus some Inventronics LED Drivers model EUC-320S280DT-UB01. I'm not sure how to hook up the lights to the driver or if that should even be done. What can I try to get these panels working? The first pic shows one of the LED panels, second pic shows the driver, and the third pic shows a cable that can be used to connect multiple panels together but it doesn't connect directly to the driver. I'm going to grow something different than cannabis but I'm thinking I might find people here who know what to do with these panels!

Bios grow lights not sure how to power
Bios grow lights not sure how to power 2
Bios grow lights not sure how to power 3

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Can I get a picture of the ends of the driver and any connections on the panel? Pretty sure we can figure this out

W

whereoutlet

Can I get a picture of the ends of the driver and any connections on the panel? Pretty sure we can figure this out

I'll see what I can do about that tomorrow or Monday by getting some better pics. I suspect there is normally something more between the driver and the panel, like maybe just a box for wiring, I'm not sure. [five minutes later] I just reviewed the little booklet that comes with the panel and figured out which part I'm missing. Attached is a pic showing I'm missing the power supply module which I'm guessing would have the LED driver and possibly other components inside of it.

Bios booklet scan

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

If you can’t get the module, you have parts needed to make it work, may not have all the bells and whistles. Or return it?

W

whereoutlet

I went to get more pictures but in the process I made a panel work. Now I need to figure out how to get daisy chaining to work. I also found a PDF which is meant for a different model of panel but would probably help me wire up a dimmer. In the end, to get the panel to work I had to take the side off, find the two wires that go directly to the LEDs, bypassing the weird sockets, and connect them directly to the driver. Really, though, I'd like to get the power supply modules, or even empty shell ones so that I can put the drivers in them, and then I could wire things up properly. I went ahead and posted all the pictures in case there is something more to learn.

Daisy chain cable a   Copy
Daisy chain cable b   Copy
Inlet socket   Copy
Inside panel socket   Copy
Led driver input   Copy
Led driver output   Copy
Led driver possibly dimmer   Copy
Outlet socket   Copy
Panel on   Copy
SamKingston

SamKingston

From the pictures, you'll need to connect the LED panels to the drivers using wires. The cables you mentioned may be used to secure multiple panels in series, but you'll still need to connect them to the drivers. If you're unsure how to do this, I recommend researching online or checking out some grow light tutorials on YouTube. As for growing something other than cannabis, that's totally cool! LED grow lights are great for various plants, so you'll have plenty of options. If you're looking to buy a new LED grow light, you might want to check out https://www.happyhydro.com/collections/led-grow-lights - they have many great options at reasonable prices. Good luck with your growth!

Last edited:
Top Bottom