Bipolar and Marijuana

• Thread starter Casey Jones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Casey Jones

I've been diagnosed as bipolar 2 a little over a year ago and have been still battling it, but today I've deiced I was done with the treatment. I was taking Invega, for those of you that are also bipolar, which didnt really seem to make much of a difference but I guess it did work somewhat. I was also doing therapy but today I blew a gasket because they keep switching therapists on me and it seems like every session I have to re -explain parts of my life I don't really like to talk about with just anyone and very often. Granted I did cancel and reschedule a bunch of appts but I'm tired of re-teling my issues to strangers and I'm also tired of pills,(I also take percocets for pain) so I decided that I was going to treat myself the way I have been for years,..with pot. I've read that pot is not good for depression but it seems to help me at times, I know that it doesn't help every time but most of the time it does,...I'm wondering if anyone out there is using marijuana to treat bipolar 2 and what strains you are using if so,..thank you to all who read, and reply

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I had an ex that was diagnosed bi polar and depressed and got put on a bunch of meds. She eventually decided to quit the meds, and never smoked weed.. She cured herself. She is 100% healthy now. She used to have anxiety attacks and not recognize me... like right in the middle of conversation. It was fucked up. She's all good now. No meds. No weed. No drugs at all. She became a veterinarian and is absolutely killing it in the game of life.

Figured you could use some inspiration. :) You can totally heal yourself. It takes time, but you can do it.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

My wife is Bipolar. the meds made it worse. She never used marijuana before, I convinced her to try pot, she didn't like somking joints, and she didn't like eating it. But she did like OIL. so no she has a small puff of oil every few hours through the day and life is 100 times better for our family.

C

Casey Jones

Some stronger sativa strains could induce mania... seen it in the past

I know some strong sativas or certain sativas do make me feel uneasy and I try to avoid them, but some are pretty helpful just depending which ones like Jack Herer helps at times, I like hybrids alot because they still have that sativa feeling,..just not as strong,..I like indicasbecause they mellow me out but there's times when they make me drowsy and I don't like that too well,..thank you so much for your input, I appreciatte it

C

Casey Jones

I agree Phillthy,..I've just read or heard that pot actually makes depression worse and there's times when I feel depressed,..mostly angry and anything sets me off, that's why I was inquiring what strains people are using for this because there's strains that make it worse at certain times,..thank you again to all who reply

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I use weed for Anxiety and depression..(not the same, I know)
But Hybrids work great for me...
I found Blue Dream, Green crack , Jillybean to be "Happy" "uplifting" strains
Ewok and Rock candy both make me get laughers...I love that! :D
I grow Alien Green Crack and Alien bluedream now too.(god seed crosses)
I know a couple people that are Bipolar and they say they get relief with hybrids.
Have you tryed OG's? Good stuff too. ;)
Good luck to you man!

C

Casey Jones

i've tried a few og's and yea they are very helpful, although sometimes they put me out, but the og hybrid crosses are the ticket I think,..I can't think of any right of the top of my head but Lemon Skunk was a very good one,..some of the Chemdog crosses are also good I think,..thank you

sun

sun

Sleeping is key , get heavy indy . Sleep meds are more important than mood stabilizers.A real racy sat could flip you into bi-polar mania...posibly.Smoke a little constantantly throughout the day to help keep your head level

Dad

Dad

my wifey has bipolar stuff and she says she takes pills even tho i havent seen her do so, but she dabs heavy mostly on high cbn errls, 60 percent cbn 16 percent thca candy cheese :P

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

my wifey has bipolar stuff and she says she takes pills even tho i havent seen her do so, but she dabs heavy mostly on high cbn errls, 60 percent cbn 16 percent thca candy cheese :p

my wifey dAbs super heavy, and no longer requires any pills....... those pills they prescribe have tons of side effects, and actually can cause more severe swings in mood, from my experience... after 4 days without dabs, you can tell she needs it.... so therfore never run out of dabs!!

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

my wifey dAbs super heavy, and no longer requires any pills....... those pills they prescribe have tons of side effects, and actually can cause more severe swings in mood, from my experience... after 4 days without dabs, you can tell she needs it.... so therfore never run out of dabs!!

also i dont have access to labs to test my oils, but i know they are higher in thc than what you say yours are... not sure about cbn

squiggly

squiggly

Not gonna lie, I think it was a super strong sativa strain I was smoking the other night that sent me off into some pretty wicked anxiety I've been dealing with the last few days.

Done a bunch of other shit to exacerbate it--but I'm still waiting to land on both feet.

dirk d

dirk d

i'm working with a guy who is bipolar. gave him some rick simpson oil and he seems to be doing pretty good.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
One of my sisters is bipolar. She's really much better with Zoloft than without. She's pretty manic right now, she's been acting like a tweaker. But they had to cheap out on their health insurance, so she's using weed to 'treat' it. It's not working well at all.

squiggly

squiggly

I wouldn't smoke weed with my dad to save jesus--and there isn't a chance in hell I'd visit with him if he wasn't on his meds.

No.

Fuckin.

Way.

yomom420

yomom420

im bipolar med smoker......probably just me, but most "haze" strains dont work good for me. some seem to make me worse mood......

most "chem dawg" crosses are best. the white, original chem dawg, mass super skunk, the ffa, most blueberry crosses, bubblegum, cheese, headband, green crack(some days), kandy kush, chernobyl, white widow, & not to forget the "alien" crosses(alien dawg, grass knuckles(alien giesel) & alien cheese).......are my favorites & keep me in better moods

.........& the dabs! & bubble! & kief! ...........LOL

i wish i had all these right now!

......and i been off meds for bout 20 years(diagnosed when i was 16, now 36)

Top Bottom