Birddogs Alien Cookies Og, Girl Scout Rock Candy, and Mango Candy Kush

• Thread starter shanefish9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shanefish9

I received a nice little package from the extremely gracious Birddog this afternoon, containing some of his latest gear, therefore a grow log is in order. I have a separate flower room which is going to be dedicated to this log.
Here are the specs:

8’x9’ (roughly, weird shape) room
panda walls and ceiling
6- 600w lumatek and quantum ballasts (full time)
6- 6” Blazer hoods
2- 600w vertical bulbs (supplement)
5-ton geothermal ac unit (cools all of my rooms)
CO2 burner supplying co2 to all of my sealed rooms.

GH Flora 3-part
5gal smart pots
Sunshine Mix 4

Strains:
Alien Cookie OG F2
Girl Scout Candy (GSC x Alien Rock Candy)
Mango Candy Kush (Green Crack x Alien Rock Candy)

My goal is to update twice per week, but there may be a couple busy weeks where I’m only able to do 1 update. When the action really gets going, I hope to update as many as 3 times per week.

The first picture is of the 30 Alien Cookies OG F2 beans that I popped, the second is of the 10 Mango Candy Kush beans on top and 20 Girl Scout Candy on the layer below. I put them in a fairly warm closet and so it begins...

Birddogs alien cookies og girl scout rock candy and mango candy kushBirddogs alien cookies og girl scout rock candy and mango candy kush 2Birddogs alien cookies og girl scout rock candy and mango candy kush 3

I more than happy to answer any questions that anyone has and look forward to putting on a decent (hopefully) show for you all.

S

shanefish9

6/13/13

When I got home today, I checked on them and here is what I found:

First, the Mango Candy Kush:
P1010212

10 for 10 popped. I planted the 7 ones that were ready:
P1010218

The Girl Scout Rock Candy:
P1010216

17 of 20 popped. I planted the 10 that were ready:

The Alien Cookie OG F2:
I forgot to snap a pic of them, but 20 of 30 popped. I planted the 8 that were ready:
P1010224

I’m impressed that so many have popped and had big enough taproots to be planted in less that 48 hrs. I didn’t even scratch them either, I just put them in a paper towel that I dampened with 5.8ph RO water, put the lid on & stuck it in a closet that keeps a very constant temp. I placed all of the cups under a single 2’ T5 that I use for my clones and young seedlings and will be moving them under a 4 bulb T8 for a few days and then under an 8 bulb T5 a week or so after that. Once they get used to having a good amount of light, I will move them under a 600w MH bulb turned down to 250 and slowly turn it up until ready for flowering.

P1010223
S

shanefish9

6/14

The rest of the Mango Candy Kush popped today:
P1010226

A few more Girl Scout Rock Candy popped as well as a few more Alien Cookie OG:
P1010227

So as of today, there are 2 more GSRC and approximately 16 AGOG left to sprout. Nothing has broke the surface yet in the cups, so not much for news besides some rough finals coming Monday through Wednesday. The MCK ended up 100% germ rate, of course I didn't expect any less coming from Birddog. The effort that he has put into these projects is incredible, and it's showing.

Also, thank you guys for your encouragement, I really appreciate it.

BirdDog1

BirdDog1

Nice work Shane! For those who don't know Shane was kind enough to commit a full room to test my new gear. After I sorted the new drop I was so tired I didn't test proof the ACOG and GSCandy so I just sent a bunch. Don't expect 100% of those to pop, but the Mango was properly vetted so you should get 10/10 there.

Good luck with the grow brother, i'll be around for whatever you need!
BD

S

shanefish9

As of yesterday, 6/15, the first few broke through the surface. Here is the first MCK:
P1010231

Here is the first GSRC:
P1010232

Here are the first 2 ACOG F2's:
P1010233

P1010234

Here are a couple pics of half of the room that these are going into. There are 7 Tahoe, 1 Lemon Alien Dawg, and 1 Sour Banana Split OG (Starfighter x Banana Split OG). All are week 2/3, and in 10 gal smartpots of sunshine:

P1010229
P1010230

S

shanefish9

Sorry for being MIA for the last week and a half, I had some killer finals that took up all of my waking hours. The good news is that I actually have a few days off until summer quarter starts to get some stuff whipped back into shape around my place.

Since my last post, a lot has changed. I had a crop come down in one of my other rooms, and I pulled a couple Tahoes from another room. As far as the babies go, I had a bunch break the surface, but I did have a small problem (User Error). I have a full time tender around here that takes care of much of the maintenance, and when he planted the popped beans, I guess a few ended up a little too far under the surface. I had great germination rates with all of Birddog’s beans, but I think 6-7 of them are not going to make it due to this mistake. There are a few which I was able to lightly scrape the top ½” of medium off of and save, and a few that I think will pull through.

Here are a few pics of them at the moment. The first one is of a few of the ones I managed to save already (ACOG F2):
P1010244

The next two are of the group of healthy ones. In the far left row is MCK as well as a couple in the second row from the left, the left hand tray is GSRC (with 2 MCK’s in there), and the right hand tray and far right row are all ACOG F2:
P1010245

When we planted them, we only filled the cups half full. After the plants got a little height, we filled in a little medium to keep them supported. This is why some of the cups are full and some are a only half. Initially, I started all of them the same way I start everything else around here as far as nutes go. The first watering is 6.0ph RO water with 100ppms of Canna Start. The second watering is 200ppms of Canna Start. I slowly work my way up to 400-500ppms until they get transplanted into 1gal smartpots. Once in 1gal smartpots, I ween them on to my standard veg recipe of GH Flora 3-part. Right now the numbers are:

19 Alien Cookies OG F2 (ACOG F2)
12 Girl Scout Rock Candy (GSRC)
5 Mango Candy Kush (MCK)

I still have a bunch that are right on the brink of breaking the surface, so I will keep you guys updated as to how everything works itself out in the coming days.

I know that watching veg plants grow is about as exciting as watching water boil or paint dry, so here is some pics of this beautiful Lemon Alien Dawg I have going:
P1010247

P1010248

P1010250

Here is a shot of most of the plant with some Tahoe in the background.
P1010251

Here is a shot of that half of the room. There are 2 plants of a local indica strain just out of view in the front, then on the left front is Starfighter x Banana Split OG next to Grapestomper x 88 Hashplant, the next row back is a Tahoe on the left and that LAD on the right. The rest of the plants in the rear of that pic are Tahoe, since everyone in my neck of the woods loves some Tahoe.
P1010254

Thank you to all of you guys who are watching this log, I appreciate it and a big thank you to Birddog for making these amazing beans and letting me run them.

P1010246
S

shanefish9

Sorry guys, I have been away for a minute, I had a couple of rooms come down at the same time and got buried in trimming. The good news is that I did take pics during that time.

7/7

I started to transplant the bigger plants into 1 gal smart pots and moved them under one of my 8 bulb t5's with only 4 bulbs on to start for a few days and then all 8 on after a few days. Other than that, they are just vegging out, waiting for their home to free up some room. I topped all of them at about 5"-7" high.

Here are a few pics:
P1010257
P1010258

Just so you guys know, my labeling system is a proprietary thing. On my tags I put the strain name followed by the pheno number on the first line, and then the generation which the plant is on the second line. For my seed generation, I use the abbreviation S1, this doesn't mean that the seeds are necessarily S1's, it's just for my information. For the 2nd generation I use C1 as the abbrev. and then C2, C3, ... I just wanted to avoid any confusion pertaining to the labels in advance.

S

shanefish9

I have transplanted all of the plants into 5 gal smartpots and ended up tossing 8 males during pre-sexing. I am very close to flowering, I had hoped to already be at week 3 but my AC took a shiite on me, forcing me to bump these for a couple weeks until I get my new units in. I previously had a 5-ton geothermal air handler which wasted a ton of water. After a lot of contemplation, I decided to buy 2- 1.5 ton (18,000 BTU), and 1- 1 ton (12,000 BTU) mini-splits. The ones I got are inverter based and also feature heat pumps, which are especially nice up north in good old WA where I am at. I will have the first unit ready and running tomorrow and am praying to be flipping the babies within a week, provided everything works out AC-wise.

I should have some new picks when I get them into flower for you all.

S

shanefish9

They are some A+ crosses so far. I have full confidence in Birddog's work, nothing but fire coming out of his neck of the woods.

SoSour

SoSour

DSC0261 Alien Cookies
View attachment 334239 Nice room Shane, the plants are doing great!

They all look happy & healthy! Earlier BirdDog said the "Mango seeds were well vetted,"
what did he mean by that? Is there something he's doing to the seed stock to ensure germ rates? Maybe he meant they were well dried, & cured? Surrounded by rice?
Any ideas what he meant by that? I just finished one of his Alien Cookies F1.. ... I'll toss it up!View attachment 334239

shawnskush

shawnskush

View attachment 334240 View attachment 334239 Nice room Shane, the plants are doing great!
They all look happy & healthy! Earlier BirdDog said the "Mango seeds were well vetted,"
what did he mean by that? Is there something he's doing to the seed stock to ensure germ rates? Maybe he meant they were well dried, & cured? Surrounded by rice?
Any ideas what he meant by that? I just finished one of his Alien Cookies F1.. ... I'll toss it up!View attachment 334239

I think he was referring to a good amount of testing having been done on that seed line.

Top Bottom