Black ashes using canna AB w/ long flush.

• Thread starter MischiefGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hondaguy

Hey guys I've got the same problem buds look killer but I'm loosening the taste an smell. Last run took 8 days or so wasn't bone dry stems would make a snap noise nut wouldn't brake in half 55 to65 rh an 70 degrees. I got some grape god the other day an the ash was so white an the buds weren't crumbily. Just really pisses me off I can't get it right. Plants smell so good when growing. I just checked the jars an no mold but it just don't have the darkness

shoestring

shoestring

I wouldnt put too much stock in the whole black ash vs. white ash thing when it comes to nutrient feeding, ppm, brand of nutrient and the whole flushing thing. Bro science is what iam inclined to think when it comes to ash color. Lol. If your smoke is not burning the way u want it to i would go back to your harvesting, drying, and CURING techniques. That my fellow grower friend is wherein your problems lay.

U

ugmjfarmer

the only way i've had trouble with it smoking funny is if i have'nt fully dried.

I concur. I have a buddy who runs organics, supersoil, sumagrow, teas, guano and the like. You would think his strains would come off being awesome burning and taste great but there is one problem; he doesn't dry his stuff enough. I'm sure he has inflated numbers because of this, which means I take his yield measurements with a grain of salt. His end product can dry off another gram or two on a 14g bag. They don't grind in a grinder, they kind of tear apart and stick to everything until it is dry, then it grinds like any other weed. He says the extra stickiness is because organics are so good and his stuff is as well, but really its excess moisture in his trichs. The extra water in the trich makes the pot sticky. It also frees up when you burn the weed which then transfers on to the ash and keeps it from burning fully which makes his ash black and still in the shape of the bud left behind. Makes keif when dry, but the wet stuff doesn't. Drier stuff of his gets me higher even with kief falling in my grinder. The wet stuff tastes different and doesnt burn right so the high is suppressed. Aggravating not coughing on the wet weed, but when its dry its like hold on cough cough and the buzz is way better.

Seriously, dry your stuff out more. It shouldn't even hit a jar when the stems first snap. Dry it to snap, put it in paper bags or some breathable container, and let it dry more. Notice how the stems don't snap anymore? Put it back on the rack to dry for a short burst until they snap. Then bag it again. Hey wait, its still not snapping now? Burp the bags until it does, then jar it. Get it good and dry. That's what I did and my stuff burned clean and white without a flush running chems only and rockwool.

william76

william76

Do you feed the Clearex up to harvest?try your Clearex up until the last 4\5 days of flush,then plain water till chop this should help as well,but if it's not dried right it'll still burn black,good luck,76

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Hey bud- try dropping the botanicrap and I'll bet your nugs will come out way better. Canna isn't calnit based but the cal-mag is, if you're using 5 ml all the way through then that is undoubtedly your problem, I would stop using it around week 5 or 6, or just drop it all together if your tap is over 80 ppm...My favorite smoke is done with canna and a little bit of pk booster, nothing else in 50-60 ppm tap.

shoestring

shoestring

Try dropping ALL the overpriced flushing products and through trial and error adopt harvesting, drying, and curing methods that work to give you the best tasting & smelling buds possible that get your head level!!! Dont worry about ash color. And especially dont worry about brand of nutrients/additives if your using them properly. If you get a good harvesting/drying regimen down pat you wont even think about ash color, or flushing products ever again. And some say you might not put a whole lot of faith in flushing towards the end at all!!! Time wi tell. And techniques, skills, and methods that work come from time after time of.consistently harvesting crop.after crop year after year. That will get you there. Keep at it!!!!

Last edited:
william76

william76

Try dropping ALL the overpriced flushing products and through trial and error adopt harvesting, drying, and curing methods that work to give you the best tasting & smelling buds possible that get your head level!!! Dont worry about ash color. And especially dont worry about brand of nutrients/additives if your using them properly. If you get a good harvesting/drying regimen down pat you wont even think about ash color, or flushing products ever again. And some say you might not put a whole lot of faith in flushing towards the end at all!!! Time wi tell. And techniques, skills, and methods that work come from time after time of.consistently harvesting crop.after crop year after year. That will get you there. Keep at it!!!!
Yea,practice makes perfect!,76

SiestaM

SiestaM

Use RO water not tap, same thing happened to me, but my tap was reading ~250 ppm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom