Black Cherry Soda

• Thread starter Socco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Socco

Black Cherry Soda is a new favorite of mine now that I have it in my garden. It's a clone only strain that is slowly making it's way around my state. It has tons of bag appeal, and it finishes fast with good yields. I like this strain because it meets a lot of the qualities that I'm looking for in a strain right now. It finishes in 8-9 weeks max, it turns purple, it tastes amazing, and it has shit loads of trichs on it. It also stays short, has big chunky buds, and clones very fast. The taste is fruity on the inhale but cream soda on the exhale. I'm growing 3 Black Cherry Sodas right now, all in different stages. The 1st one is on it's 41st day of flowering and it is being flushed with cold water until it harvests. The 2nd one that's in bloom is 20 days old, and it's already showing some slight shades of pink. The 3rd one is a mother plant that I'm supercropping so I'll have lots of cuts to take later. I'll post some harvest pics and dried pics when this next batch finishes.

Also, I made some seeds with my last batch of the Black Cherry Soda. I hit a branch of the BCS with some pollen from a Chemdog D BX3 male. My plan with the seeds is to grow them out and F2 them. Then I'll select the males that fall into all the categories of what I'm looking for and BX them to the Black Cherry Soda clone. Then I'll do it again and again by F2ing each BX generation, making my selections, and then BXing to the BCS until I get what I'm looking for. Which will be a stable strain that still has vigor. My goal is to get it stable for these traits: short, branchy like Chemdog D, indica dominant, fast flowering, purple color, soda taste, with Chemdog D potency and large yields. But that's still just a work in progress. It's gonna take a lot of time and growing to actually achieve that. When I start growing the F1's (probably in about a month or so), I'll be sure to post it here at the farm.

BCS Mother Plant
bcs_mother.jpg

BCS- day 20
bcs_w3a.jpg
bcs_w3b.jpg

BCS- day 41
bcs_w5b.jpg
bcs_w5d.jpg
bcs_w5c.jpg
bcs_w5f.jpg
bcs_w5e.jpg
bcs_w5a.jpg

Chemdog D BX3 male
cdm3.jpg
cdm4.jpg
cdm5.jpg
cdm6.jpg

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Haven't heard of this one yet but sounds good. Your plants look great man, can't wait to see the bud shots. Thx for sharing!

S

Socco

Nice plants looks different to the bcs subcool works with

It's gotta be the same cut that sub is working with. I think that there is only one cut of bcs floating around here in Oregon and this is it. If they look different to you for some reason, it's probably because me and him have different growing styles and different environments in our grow rooms. I'll keep updating the pics as it gets closer and closer to harvest and let you guys check it out as it finishes. Conditions in my flowering room are... Temps: 75/70 Day/ Night & Humidity: 40%/45% Day/Night.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Does anyone know the make up of the BCS? Its def a beautiful plant, and the idea of outcrossing to the Chemdog D sounds great! You will most def find some interesting phenos in the F2s, even the f1s. If you need help growing any of these out, just give me a holler :) Should be a nice one man. Best of luck, and I look forward to seeing how the BCS progresses.

S

Snow Crash

Oh, wow! We need to get Subcool up in here a little more often I guess. This is the first I've seen of BCS "irl" rather than just hearing about her.

All I know is that 1/2 the genetics for Subcools recently released "Plush Berry," the other half being Jill's Space Queen. I'm pretty sure Sub has BCS seeds, or a way of at least producing them at a similar quality to the clone-only phenotype.

I heard about this strain maybe 6 months ago, it's probably been around for close to 2 years though I'm not entirely sure where it came from or where the genetics were sourced from but I've heard it is some fire.

But yeah, if you think BCS is something, you oughta check out his plush berry. The Attitude sold out of their entire stock 3 TIMES now. Every time it comes in stock it sells out in under 24 hours. Subcool definitely knows his shizzle.

N

naturalmedicine

That's a nice looking plant. Very icey. I've heard good things about this strain.

M

MTM

Subs been pushing black cherry soda as TGAs Kush strain.I thought he did not like kush,he claims that kush taste like shit and the buzz ait for him,well he can save it for me.I dont think much of Subcool or his genetics.And yes Ive grown most of his gear and I found most of it to be weak and girly.JTR and chernobyl is all thats worth a fuck and both have phenos that blow NUTS.I hear you better watch black cherry soda late in flower or at least the cut he has is known to throw nuts

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I read that about Sub as well. He was totally bad mouthing kush until he found out that the shit sells! Now all of a sudden he has a kush strain. I dont even thinks its kush he just put the "kush" name behind it for marketing. Sounds like he is using the Greenhouse Seeds business model.

That and most of his strains are flippin shemales. Ran Flav, spacebomb, pandoras, querkel. All of them were genetically weak. I like to breed for stablility, potency and taste. I think sub breeds based on color and smell. Nevermind the hermie traits locked in his breed stock

Illmind

Illmind

sub def claimed bubba and og as weak lol. lost all respect then he even passed on ncg. i cosign mtms post 100%. plushberrys mom is sooo not kush either, dudes a disgrace to the game. jill is my hero tho with her fine self.. u can catch him spreading misinfo in high times mag monthly. takes a sweet photo tho i must say. subs taste in weed is very homosexual.

S

Snow Crash

I'm not going to get drawn into a pissing match with a couple of hater ass trolls trying to diss TGA Subcool (probably the competition). Sub's gear is for real.

The results came in from the lab test that High Times had done prior to the judging.
I am happy to report some really solid numbers from the strains of ours that were tested in many cases much more potent than the winners

The test were performed by Full Spectrum Labs

Indica 37- Querkel
Primary Cannabinoid: THC
Ratio Rarity: 5%
Form: Raw Plant Material
Moisture: 12.57%

Calculated Active Cannabinoids
CBD:
0.35%
CBN:
0.29%
THC:
19.58%
CBC:
0%
THCV:
0%
Total Active Cannabinoids: 20.21%

http://fullspectrumlabs.com/test/1103344/

Hybrid 38- The Flav
Ratio Rarity: 5%
Moisture: 12.17%

CBD:
0.28%
CBN:
0%
THC:
17.92%
CBC:
0.42%
THCV:
0%
Total Active Cannabinoids: 18.62%

Sativa 27- Chernobyl
Ratio Rarity: 6%
Moisture: 12.04%

CBD:
0.25%
CBN:
0.19%
THC:
18.78%
CBC:
0%
THCV:
0%
Total Active Cannabinoids: 19.22%

To give some idea of how we stacked up here is the Winning strain test.

1st Snow Dawg
Primary Cannabinoid: THCRatio Rarity: 5%
Form: Raw Plant MaterialMoisture: 7.53%

CBD: 0.41%
CBN: 0.13%
THC: 16.15%
CBC: 0%
THCV: 0%
Total Active Cannabinoids: 16.68%

Jack The Ripper
Primary Cannabinoid: THCVRatio Rarity: 42%
Form: Raw Plant MaterialMoisture: 6.98%

CBD: 0.38%
CBN: 0.42%
THC: 20.22%
CBC: 0%
THCV: 5.05%
Total Active Cannabinoids: 26.06%

I thought it was interesting data

Sub

I have one word for all the haters, and those that might think these ass hats know what they are talking. It's like a gaggle of "women who lunch" gossiping about what they have "heard." The word is:

Scoreboard

With regards to "kush." Kush, basically, translates as slaughter or killer. The Hindus in the Hindu Kush region were slaughtered. Hence the name "Hindu Slaughter" or "Hindu Killer". The bud from this region uses the name Kush to identify where it is from, as opposed to an Afghani Hash Plant, or a Chinese Yunnan.

The current terminology of "Kush" in the cannabis communities has two distinct sects. The purists who would maintain the only real kush comes from the Kush region. The other sect maintains that "killer" bud, the best of the best, can be referred to as kush.

This is demonstrated in the knowledge that 90% of "Kush" strains today are based on a handful of bag seed found in a couple amazing buds at a Grateful Dead concert back in the... 80's? From these seeds a line of bud was created and named "Kush."

The current definition of a kush for those "in the know" by today's standards depends more on the flavor of the bud. It has a savory umami flavor, with hints of hard wood, and a keify after taste. Any well refined bud that has this flavor and an exceptional "couch-lock" kind of high can be assigned the moniker of kush if those who smoke it recognize the similarity to the earlier OG Kush.

Plushberry is not a strain from the Hindu Kush region. Subcool likes his berry/citrus flavors, and so do I, and this new strain is his first attempt to try and find some of the kush flavor in his own strains. It isn't some fantastic marketing ploy, or an outright lie, it is what it is.

You can huff and puff an beat your chest all you like... Everyone who grows and smokes TGA's gear recognizes them as one of the better breeders.

I mean... You want to talk about shitty breeders lets talk about DNA Genetics, Nirvana Seeds, and KC Brains.

M

MTM

The way you post that bullshit I might think its Subcool himself.You will find no love for him or his genetics on this site.Ive grown his bullshit girly genetics,7 or 8 strains and most have hermie genes.Go to green passion and on a test thread for the ACE of Spaids he has one plant hermie out of 5 fuckin test seeds,whats he do?He releases it anyway,simply bullshit and a waist of time!!!...No hater here just the fuckin TRUTH

M

MTM

DNA chocolope and X-18 will blow any girly strain TGA puts out.There gear is twice as strong as that girly shit.DNA has some bisexual traits but who dont anymore?Dont grow DNA gear but Ive smoked some well grown strains from them...

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm not going to get drawn into a pissing match with a couple of hater ass trolls trying to diss TGA Subcool (probably the competition). Sub's gear is for real.

I have one word for all the haters, and those that might think these ass hats know what they are talking. It's like a gaggle of "women who lunch" gossiping about what they have "heard." The word is:

Scoreboard

With regards to "kush." Kush, basically, translates as slaughter or killer. The Hindus in the Hindu Kush region were slaughtered. Hence the name "Hindu Slaughter" or "Hindu Killer". The bud from this region uses the name Kush to identify where it is from, as opposed to an Afghani Hash Plant, or a Chinese Yunnan.

The current terminology of "Kush" in the cannabis communities has two distinct sects. The purists who would maintain the only real kush comes from the Kush region. The other sect maintains that "killer" bud, the best of the best, can be referred to as kush.

This is demonstrated in the knowledge that 90% of "Kush" strains today are based on a handful of bag seed found in a couple amazing buds at a Grateful Dead concert back in the... 80's? From these seeds a line of bud was created and named "Kush."

The current definition of a kush for those "in the know" by today's standards depends more on the flavor of the bud. It has a savory umami flavor, with hints of hard wood, and a keify after taste. Any well refined bud that has this flavor and an exceptional "couch-lock" kind of high can be assigned the moniker of kush if those who smoke it recognize the similarity to the earlier OG Kush.

Plushberry is not a strain from the Hindu Kush region. Subcool likes his berry/citrus flavors, and so do I, and this new strain is his first attempt to try and find some of the kush flavor in his own strains. It isn't some fantastic marketing ploy, or an outright lie, it is what it is.

You can huff and puff an beat your chest all you like... Everyone who grows and smokes TGA's gear recognizes them as one of the better breeders.

I mean... You want to talk about shitty breeders lets talk about DNA Genetics, Nirvana Seeds, and KC Brains.

Didnt mean to piss in your TGA Loops....i mean Fruit Loops. I woudlnt exactly say he is the worst breeder. Just on par with the Greenhouse Seeds and Barneys Farms of the industry. Instead of putting out new strains maybe he should refine a few first. I mean his breeder male for his original Jacks Cleaner was a male he was trying to kill for gods sake. You call that selective breeding?

Sincerely,
Hater Ass Troll(Private grower, 20+yr smoker, reasonable judge of good genetics, not the competition)

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
There needs to be a like button.....haha

We seem to be on the same page CC(like most on this site).

But not to disrespect Socco's thread.....im thinking that Chem male would work wonders with that BCS. Heck you might even get a nice true kush cross out of it. Let us know how that cross works out.

westcoast547

westcoast547

Breeder
Supporter
Sorry for the confusion and the double account...

I was SOCCO for a little bit after TKS went down. Back when I was posting threads under this account, I didn't wanna login using my real user name just in case my posts were being watched by LEO. Then I decided to just stay off the boards for a little bit 'til things completely cooled down. Now that I know things are cool again, I'm back using my westcoast account. The account SOCCO can be deleted if the mods wish to do so.

YaaMon, the BCS/ Chem project is still going. And it can be followed in my Chem Soda thread.

BTW,
On other boards, I was using the name OMMPkid while I was incognito. Just in case there is any more confusion in the future.

urbanfog

urbanfog

How did you BCS come out? Just picked up a cut of this to add to the veg tent

Top Bottom