Black dots on leaves

• Thread starter Wristle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wristle

Wristle

Alright, just saw this now before I head out. It's on.both of my autos. Spread out quite a bit. Just the odd dot here and there. Few leaves sporting multiple dots.

Don't think I've seen this before. It doesn't look like leaf damage. Thought it was a liquid at first but I webt to touch it and it's definitely stuck on the leaf.

Plants are healthy otherwise. Wanted to ask in case this gets out of hand real quick.

And yes I notice the mite damage :(

Black dots on leaves

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don't know about the dots but that's a serious infestation
+1 re: serious infestation

These are indoors right?

Is there a chance something could have splattered?

Edit: this is the only thing I could find and I'm not sure this is it but it might give you some place to start searching good luck

There's also something called black leaf spot but I don't think this is it I don't know what this is but I'm likely going to learn something on this thread I'm leaning towards some kind of a splatter if I had to guess

Last edited:
Wristle

Wristle

+1 re: serious infestation

These are indoors right?

Is there a chance something could have splattered?

Edit: this is the only thing I could find and I'm not sure this is it but it might give you some place to start searching good luck

There's also something called black leaf spot but I don't think this is it I don't know what this is but I'm likely going to learn something on this thread I'm leaning towards some kind of a splatter if I had to guess

No, outdoors.

I have a bit of a system now for mites that worked on my photo period. I'll do the same with my autos.

Thanks for the sooty mold clue. I'm not entirely sure that's it though. I'll keep reading. I almost want to leave 1 leaf alone to see how or if this spreads out from the dots.

Can't think of anything that would have splashed the plants. I'm careful when watering and nothing else comes to mind.

Notice some leaf hopper damage in a few spots as well. Feels like the warmer it gets the more the bugs come out. Fun fun.

I'm really considering just taking the leaves off that have the dots. I don't want to take a chance on this spreading and it's farely sparse as is right now.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

No, outdoors.

I have a bit of a system now for mites that worked on my photo period. I'll do the same with my autos.

Thanks for the sooty mold clue. I'm not entirely sure that's it though. I'll keep reading. I almost want to leave 1 leaf alone to see how or if this spreads out from the dots.

Can't think of anything that would have splashed the plants. I'm careful when watering and nothing else comes to mind.

Notice some leaf hopper damage in a few spots as well. Feels like the warmer it gets the more the bugs come out. Fun fun.

I'm really considering just taking the leaves off that have the dots. I don't want to take a chance on this spreading and it's farely sparse as is right now.
Not going to lie, this is a weird one!?
seems to me like maybe something dropped on them cuz it doesn't match exactly to anything I could find?

I would rinse it off and hope for the best it could be nothing good luck!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yes it looks like a insect frass or shit to me as well probably bird related as well but I think you have spider mite going on there . Look under the leaves . Od

Slap

Slap

Yes it looks like a insect frass or shit to me as well probably bird related as well but I think you have spider mite going on there . Look under the leaves . Od
I thought spider mites leave webbing all over the place?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
They do but first they feed on the leaves sucking the life out of them . Look for small brownish insects on the underside of the leaf .

Wristle

Wristle

Thoes are called fly spots bro

Spent the day kind of and off looking this up to no avail unless fly spots are just another way to say they shit on my plant.

I have on more than one occasion seen some pretty big house fly looking guys chilling on the leaves.

Thank for the replies. This plant is no longer with me. Lost it to a pretty bad WPM issue when I left town for a few days. Really think the plant was prone to it considering how fast it took over.

But yea... Black spots = poop. Cool

Top Bottom