Black Dragon

• Thread starter GDub51
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GDub51

GDub51

I'm trying to increase the THC/CBD content of my alcohol extractions by using the previous "green dragon" over a fresh batch of decarbed flower again and again only adding fresh alcohol (in my case 151 rum) to compensate for that lost to evaporation. I'm looking for someone else who has tried this and if it is effective. Any direction to publications on this subject are also welcome. I have used an Magic Butter machine set at 4 hours for each extraction at 130f triple filtered then evaporated in large pyrex pans till solid then heating over an incandescent lamp till bubbles no longer rise with continuous stirring. I see some have dabbed this but I'm afraid to. Now that it settled in pyrex, its gone hard like pull n snap. Thinking of mixing back in some MCT oil and maybe chocolate syrup to make an edible "fudge". I have removed the cutting blade from the MB machine and replaced it with a custom "stirring blade" so as to not break up the buds into such small particles that the resultant oil is black with solids and chlorophyll. Want to try a quick wash with frozen components approach over hole flower and repeating this over a fresh batch of flower again to enrich the content. I'm in California so 151 is the highest test solvent I can find here. Anybody??

Dan789

Dan789

Your process sounds legit, for my alcohol tinctures I use decarbed bud and 200 proof (Organic alcohol Co. Oregon) for sixty days and then reduce it afterwards, but not to the extent it becomes a gooey black tar...so to speak. I also don't chop the bud up as much, which keeps my filtering less problematic.

Top Bottom