Black Gold Soil Qc Problems

• Thread starter dumpstergrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

Hey farmers was wondering if anyone else has had issues with their soil lately?
I'm an all organic grower and for the past 2yrs I have been using Black Gold straight outta the bag with no issues until my recent addition to my room (new bed) added babies were extremely healthy until one week later they went to shit all yellow lockout ect at first I thought it was me or something I did but no I use 16bags in a 4x8 the new bed and added 6bags to my old bed so I check everything I normally do and it right as usual so I was confused to what was going on until I had to revert to the basics check PH first and bam that when it hit slurry test come back at 4 I'm like wtf so I called the local store and told them what I was experiencing he said he would check I told him not the bags on the floor but the rest of the skid I had ordered I also contacted BG and was laughed at when I told them what was going on I ended up getting the reps number for the closest wearhouse never received a call back.. Then the local stroke call me back and says yeah somethings going on I tested both one bag off the rest of the skid and one off the floor the one on the floor cam out normal but the skid was way off he contacted the, and they told him they were experincing tech difficulties with their soil ATM and will be in touch to have the rest of the skid returned and will send out a new at no cost I'm like bullshit keep it you guys laughed at me when I called until my friend who owns the store came and seen what was going on...we came to a conclusion to just scrap the soil and stick with roots organics707 and let the community kno and see if anyone else has had issues wit it so if anyone has had any issues ple comment good or bad thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Don't hold me to this, but I seem to recall some other grower friends complaining about quality issues with BG soils.

If you're going through pallets, maybe you can find someone to make a bulk soil mix for you.

dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

if I knew someone I would deff ask but I no no one that's doing that..i was just told about build a soil but idk anything about them or anyone experience with them thanks for the info @Seamaiden

dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

Thanks for that info @Freshone I'm gonn give them a holler to see what they can do for me
@DemonTrich it use to be great soil I dunno what happen but you are right their quality has went to shit lately so fukk em I'm going back to RO soil I never had a problem when it came to using their soil that's for sure

hdwjunior

hdwjunior

Ya son I would to thats some shitty way of dealing with customers laughing in face that will cost them in the long haul that 707 you never had a prob with well we will see

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I like black gold. Have been testing it for the last 5 years and is pretty consistent. Just sent out another batch yesterday, I will post results if anybody cares.

Azumi207

Azumi207

Are you using a living soil that has been already mixed? I don't use black gold but I've made my own living soil from roots 707 and had great results. In the past i have bought bags of soil/and living soil and on many occasions slurry tests come back either way low on ph or crazy high on ppm. Problem is bags are stored outside and left to the weather/bugs and whatever else is outside of the building, cooking any soil before use is probably best if your still buying bags. Even if it's 707, where it was stored can heavily affect the soil life, most bags of soil come premixed with worm castings and some type of mycoz bacteria, where I live(Maine) if bags are stored outside this time of year they freeze and all the microbial life that they advertise on the bags is already dead by the time you get to buying it because it was stored out side and became to cold to house the microbial life, sometimes ive even seen pallets of soil frozen, I laugh and tell them to order me a new pallet and when they get it I tell them to put it immediately inside and call me so I can pick it up. Honestly working with bottled nutes and then getting into living soil, the living soil is a more natural way to go about growing, no matter what type of growing your doing, so I'd try to find a good recipe to start your living soil there for you know exactly what's in your soil, I think it makes you a better grower to cause you really gotta do your research. Now I'm rambling. END.

dumpstergrower

dumpstergrower

I like black gold. Have been testing it for the last 5 years and is pretty consistent. Just sent out another batch yesterday, I will post results if anybody cares.
Yes please post your results ive ran it for the past 2yrs no prob until now
Are you using a living soil that has been already mixed? I don't use black gold but I've made my own living soil from roots 707 and had great results. In the past i have bought bags of soil/and living soil and on many occasions slurry tests come back either way low on ph or crazy high on ppm. Problem is bags are stored outside and left to the weather/bugs and whatever else is outside of the building, cooking any soil before use is probably best if your still buying bags. Even if it's 707, where it was stored can heavily affect the soil life, most bags of soil come premixed with worm castings and some type of mycoz bacteria, where I live(Maine) if bags are stored outside this time of year they freeze and all the microbial life that they advertise on the bags is already dead by the time you get to buying it because it was stored out side and became to cold to house the microbial life, sometimes ive even seen pallets of soil frozen, I laugh and tell them to order me a new pallet and when they get it I tell them to put it immediately inside and call me so I can pick it up. Honestly working with bottled nutes and then getting into living soil, the living soil is a more natural way to go about growing, no matter what type of growing your doing, so I'd try to find a good recipe to start your living soil there for you know exactly what's in your soil, I think it makes you a better grower to cause you really gotta do your research. Now I'm rambling. END.
No problem on the rambling bro we all do that sometimes but I have never had an oh issue and I've always amended my soil and pre oh before plant I to always comes out neutral and I'm just now getting into living soil and will be adding worms to the beds next round

Top Bottom