BLACK Larvae in my HYDRO roots?!?!

• Thread starter BillPlimpton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BillPlimpton

SO I know its fungus gnats larvae of some sort.....there are about 5-15 small black worm lookin MFers towards the top of my roots, roots still look great and bright white thank god

I have AZATROL in small vials and a spray bottle that came with it..

How do I add the AZATROL directly into my ressy?? At what intervals? With nutes? without? What concentration???

Man O man these things are ugly lookin, dont seem to be doin any major harm, YET

Thanks again Farmfam

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Im not sure sure about how to add straight azatrol but I use azamax when I have problems like this. With azamax (as a preventative) I use it at 20-25ml/gal every 7 days, but to get rid of an infestation I have used it every 2-3 days withought any issues. Just make sure to either foliar feed or give a feeding with the your watering inbetween treatments or they with show deficiencies fast. Im not too knowledgeable when it comes to fungus gnats but I read somewhere that the larvae dont feed on the roots but its the flying adults that you have to worry about eating your foliage. So if this is true, that might be why you havent noticed any damage to the roots. Hope this helps!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you have it switched around--larval fungus gnats are what do the damage by feeding on roots. Adults just get their shit stuck in yer budz.

Azatrol is supposed to be same-same as Azamax, IIRC.

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

I think you have it switched around--larval fungus gnats are what do the damage by feeding on roots. Adults just get their shit stuck in yer budz.

Azatrol is supposed to be same-same as Azamax, IIRC.

Ahhh, thats it. My appologies! Thanks for clearing that up seamaiden!

B

BillPlimpton

Yea, I meant to say Azamax.......but I also do have a good supply of Azatrol too

I appreciate all the replies and the advice folks, big help and good lookin out

B

BigCountry

The fungus gnat larvae I've seen were white and living at the bottom of the pot. Anyone else?

I

indoorhydro

This is most likely fungus gnat larvae. I had them in my setup as well, and noticed a lot of gnats flying around at the same time. Gradually died off after diligently removing them from roots every couple of days. Definitely not worms. See here.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

This is most likely fungus gnat larvae. I had them in my setup as well, and noticed a lot of gnats flying around at the same time. Gradually died off after diligently removing them from roots every couple of days. Definitely not worms. See here.
Hopped in the time machine did ya? Lol. Post from 2011

Top Bottom