Black light for thc content?

• Thread starter Newcomer94
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newcomer94

So I have done some research here recently on black lights providing extra thc and CBD in the flowering stage? Has anyone experimented with this and seen a noticeable change?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There is some controversy regarding whether UV light increases THC. I have a couple of t-5 "lizard lights" in my tent.

I used them for a few grows, then DIDN'T use them for a grow, and it seemed the grows that got UV were a little more potent. But the reality is there could have been some issue with the grow that caused it to be not as potent, I was basing the difference on memory, rather than a side-by-side comparison, and it was only a single instance.

I've never heard of anyone using "black lights." I would go with something made for exposing living things to UVA and UVB light, like lights for cannabis or lights for lizards.

7munkee

7munkee

I have 2 cfl black lights and I was wondering the same thing. 320- 400 nm is outside what we normally consider photosynthetically active. Only I was wondering about using them during lights off phase while flowering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom