Black mold on walls. Start over?

• Thread starter MajinZeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MajinZeke

MajinZeke

I found mold on my walls and ceiling after a big storm. Do I need to bleach the while room and start over? First time growing...

Black mold on walls start over
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
If they don't I'm fine?
If there is no mold on the plants you might look into a bud wash just to be on the safe side (that’s just my opinion and what I would do if I was in your position), unless a pro says “DONT INGEST THAT AT ALL” then I wouldn’t even consider messing with it. Sorry I dont have a definitive answer for you. Hope you get one!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
you need to fix the leak first, then replace the drywall if you want to do it right.
black mold is a serious issue
it's probably all up in the walls and insulation, too. I've seen some serious black mold infestations and it's always a small, tiny spot like this that tips it off.

MajinZeke

MajinZeke

it's probably all up in the walls and insulation, too. I've seen some serious black mold infestations and it's always a small, tiny spot like this that tips it off.
It's not a leak though. I had the windows shut and there was no air circulation. And the humidity was about 75-80%. The mold didn't come back and it's been about 3/4 days.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
It's not a leak though. I had the windows shut and there was no air circulation. And the humidity was about 75-80%. The mold didn't come back and it's been about 3/4 days.
Right on well I could be wrong and I hope I am, but you'd be surprised how common black mold in the walls is an issue. Particularly in/near bathrooms, basements, attics with poor air circulation, etc.

The fact that it is showing on the walls already tells me spores are around, so it's entirely possible. Just giving ya a heads up that you might want to look into that before it becomes a huge problem 🤠

MajinZeke

MajinZeke

Right on well I could be wrong and I hope I am, but you'd be surprised how common black mold in the walls is an issue. Particularly in/near bathrooms, basements, attics with poor air circulation, etc.

The fact that it is showing on the walls already tells me spores are around, so it's entirely possible. Just giving ya a heads up that you might want to look into that before it becomes a huge problem 🤠
I'm hoping I don't have to tear the wall down bro....

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I found mold on my walls and ceiling after a big storm. Do I need to bleach the while room and start over? First time growing...
Have you treated it with anything yet? A bleach solution in a spray bottle is what I'd use. I think if you sprayed it often enough to keep it in the wall, your crop might be okay. Maybe keeping the humidity low in your tent might help, too.

P

Putthataway

You can cut into the drywall and peep what’s behind it. If it is behind the drywall the mold will spread and you can get very sick. If there’s no mold behind it you can patch it. If there’s mold in there you need to get it all out of there.

the rrock

the rrock

I would spray some X14 on it and call it good,that amount of mold is a non issue,if its even mold. Did you test it? Looks like wall is sealed good,how would it transfer from inside to out onto a painted wall?

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i just came in to see what THE ROCK SAID
I would spray some X14 on it and call it good,that amount of mold is a non issue,if its even mold. Did you test it? Looks like wall is sealed good,how would it transfer from inside to out onto a painted wall?

Newty

Newty

He said it was high humidity and lack of air flow that caused it. Part of me worries there's there a small roof leak and water is getting in but not enough to pool. I would at least replace the moldy pieces and once the moldy pieces are off you will see if there's anything wrong on the inside of the wall or ceiling. My worry is there's more black mold elsewhere or at least the bacteria which means it could still come back and spread.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And if you have a real old place, you have to be careful with that popcorn also! I think it can have asbestos in it if it was old enough! I’ve got popcorn ceiling in the living room, and hate it! But not enough to scrape it all off!

Top Bottom