Black surface mold in the grow room

• Thread starter Carson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Carson

Looking for some educated advice here. Please forgive me if this topic has been covered. I did a search and found no real help.

I was in the room today and noticed some black surface mold around the wood frame on the grow room door. any ideas on treatment that will not totally adversly effect the girls? I assume I should not sit on my hands. Thinking about bleach and water ?

Thanks.

dankworth

dankworth

Yes bleach and water.
That is fucked up shit, that black mold.
Hopefully you do not have a suppressed immune system.
That shit is bad news.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Yes bleach and water.
That is fucked up shit, that black mold.
Hopefully you do not have a suppressed immune system.
That shit is bad news.
long exposure can cause death.
we call it (black death mold) in the area i live in

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
kill the mold..and reseal the wood with a paint that has a fungicide additive in it.
i used to do insurance jobs. after they killed the mold in the house, we came in and sprayed b.i.n.,,then put a additive in finish coat...but you can put that stuff in almost any paint

K

kolah

Make sure you wear a charcoal canister respirator.

I surely hope it's not inside your walls. The million dollar question is how did it start? Where is the water coming from or what exactly is causing the mold to grow.? You really need to find out WHY it started.

420alldaze

420alldaze

yeah did the same work for years, gotta clean it up,be careful with your bleach mix. go light on the bleach. dry it out and paint it up with kilz and the fungicide additive. best of luck to you. keep us posted.

Reactions: mal
S

sk2004

Interesting thread. Are u growing in an uninhabital structure?

nebulius

nebulius

If you use bleach they recommend 1cup bleach to 1 gallon of water, which is a lot but necessary to kill black mold.

Also you can use Hydrogen peroxide
  • To kill mold pour 3% concentration hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle.
  • Spray the moldy surface completely so that the moldy areas are saturated with hydrogen peroxide.
  • Leave the surface to sit for 10 minutes while the hydrogen peroxide kills the mold.
  • Then scrub the area to make sure to remove all the mold and mold stains.
  • Finally wipe the surface down to remove residual mold and spores.

You can also use vinegar with hydrogen peroxide during the cleaning to more effectively remove the mold. Afterwards store the spray bottle in a dark place since light diminishes hydrogen peroxide's effectiveness.

henry

henry

are you talking about the sort of black mold you get growing in bathrooms? like in the grout between the tiles...

C

Carson

are you talking about the sort of black mold you get growing in bathrooms? like in the grout between the tiles...
yes,
I went with 3% H2O2 in a spray bottle, repeating every couple days and put a hepa filter in the room. Wiped areas with a paper towel. Seems to be doing the trick. I think I may have brought the spores in on some building materials from outside.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Where in the room is your exhaust fan?

My guess is you do not have enough air moving out of the room causing the humidity levels to sky rocket.

Can you please explain the setup of your room?

What are the temps and humidity levels when lights on/off?

Vakman

Vakman

i have had a lot of experience with mold and BY FAR the most commercial grade best product i have used is called Milgo. I've used it on all sort of mold including black mold and its amazing shit. i wouldn't be spraying anything near ur plants tho. use a cloth and some type of respirator, but I'm sure u knew that anyhow. :D

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Once you get environment under control, rent a commercial ozone machine to kill it for good. Gotta move all plants and animals out for that of course, but the ozone breaks down to o2 quickly (minutes to a couple hours depending on density and ventilation).

Also noticed some mold killer products marketed alongside the fogmaster jr when I bought mine, http://cleanertoday.com I think

derelict

derelict

i would have gone the peroxide too. toxic to fungal cells, will kill spores, but none overly bad for people.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Bleach does not kill mold spores. Ozone is definitely the answer. The machine is cheap to rent and will kill ALL living things and odors. You can use it in your car, boat whatever. Could not get the musty smell out of my sailboat. Zapped it twice , 4 hours each time. Smells like new

Top Bottom