Blackberry Autoflower strain

• Thread starter Ganjee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjee

Ganjee

I have been having problems getting good starts with my auto flowers. I know that the beginning is very crucial for a good autoflower yield. Basically the plant started off looking good. I notice about 2 days ago the leafs starting to slightly twist. I water this morning and came home about 10 hours later. The twist has gotten way worse now. If you see in pictures the top of the leaf is literally sideways now.

Soil
Equal mix of Happy Frog/Ocean Forest/Pro Mix Hp with added perlite and dolomite lime.
Slurry Test
5.9 ph
800ppm
Watering
Tap water 8ph 190ppm.

What are the symptoms that can cause the leaf to twist so much like this?

My guesses are
1. overwatering
2. the tap water ph to high, but then I am under the assumption is should just adjust to what the soil is
3. the soil is too rich, but then I would assume I would see the tips burning. Leaf looks healthy its just twisting.

Image0   copy
Image1   copy

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m new myself but I do run the autos, I find most of my seedlings like it around 3-400 ish fir the first couple weeks. I assume you added lime for calcium? Are you letting your water sit to dechlorinate?
And it does look really wet, so overwatering probably. I’m sure others will be by, someone may even post a handy feeding chart

Ganjee

Ganjee

I’m new myself but I do run the autos, I find most of my seedlings like it around 3-400 ish fir the first couple weeks. I assume you added lime for calcium? Are you letting your water sit to dechlorinate?
And it does look really wet, so overwatering probably. I’m sure others will be by, someone may even post a handy feeding chart
Thanks for reply. I actually added Dolomite to increase the soil PH. Happy Frog and Ocean Forest are like 5.0 when i tested out the bag. I was aiming for around 6ph. I got to 5.9 and said that should be good. Yeah I I just fill up a few 5 gallon buckets and let them sit for 24-48 hours.

My ppm is really high. Has anyone experienced the leaf twisting like this from to much nutrients? I am just trying to narrow down what this might be.

I had a day where I ran the grow room got really dry up to 35 percent sometimes. Before I forget to refill the humidifier. Its one of the like 2 gallon tanks. It only last like 10 hrs on max settings. Im refilling it like 3 times a day lol. But theres been times its ran a few hours dry. Then ive seen the humidity go to 35. Then it goes back up to 50 - 55. I got a wet towel hanging with a fan blowing on it as well.

At this stage how often do you water. How much water should I be putting in. I watered this morning 1/2 cup of water. I may be watering to frequently. The grow are is kept at 20C lights on 17-18 lights off. 50% humidity

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks for reply. I actually added Dolomite to increase the soil PH. Happy Frog and Ocean Forest are like 5.0 when i tested out the bag. I was aiming for around 6ph. I got to 5.9 and said that should be good. Yeah I I just fill up a few 5 gallon buckets and let them sit for 24-48 hours.

My ppm is really high. Has anyone experienced the leaf twisting like this from to much nutrients? I am just trying to narrow down what this might be.

I had a day where I ran the grow room got really dry up to 35 percent sometimes. Before I forget to refill the humidifier. Its one of the like 2 gallon tanks. It only last like 10 hrs on max settings. Im refilling it like 3 times a day lol. But theres been times its ran a few hours dry. Then ive seen the humidity go to 35. Then it goes back up to 50 - 55. I got a wet towel hanging with a fan blowing on it as well.

At this stage how often do you water. How much water should I be putting in. I watered this morning 1/2 cup of water. I may be watering to frequently. The grow are is kept at 20C lights on 17-18 lights off. 50% humidity
Overwatering usually means too frequent, it needs to dry out , what size container? Mine would be in a two gallon container I don’t measure water yet I water in a ring and kinda make the plant “reach” for the water. In another week or so I would water to run off, but again that’s me. 5.9 seems to low for me I try not to get below 6.2
And depending on how much Dolomites you added it could cause ya trouble down the road here? We will see. Autos don’t need much just a little love

Top Bottom