Blackberry OG in Bloom

• Thread starter GrnMtnGrowR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I started taking pictures of this Blackberry OG plant when it got into the bloom stage. I'm using a 150 watt, 3000K natural light LED to see how it works out. I'm using a 36" x 20" tent for this plant, two plants are just too big for this tent. I haven't grown this strain before, so I am not sure if it is getting as big as it should, but it looks pretty good to me. I have been growing for many years and used mostly HPS lights when I started growing indoors and I am just starting to experiment with different LED's.
If anyone here has grown out Blackberry OG by Emerald Triangle please chime in.
Bbog30days
Blkberryog30 days bloom

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I took a look at myBlackberry OG trichomes today and this might just make it another week. I would say she is about 50% clear 35% cloudy and 15% amber at this point. Non-scientific figures, just an educated guess. More pics Sunday.
BlkBerryOG 56 days

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I took a look at myBlackberry OG trichomes today and this might just make it another week. I would say she is about 50% clear 35% cloudy and 15% amber at this point. Non-scientific figures, just an educated guess. More pics Sunday.
View attachment 875374

Trichs on the leaves are not a good indicator. Wait til the white pistils die back then check the trichomes directly on the buds for ripeness.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Thanks dude, but I have been doing this for 35 years and I am well aware of what areas to look at and when the plant is finished the way I want it finished. This leaf is from in close to the bud and it has given me a good indication of where it is at. Pistils, in my opinion, are not a good indicator.....nevermind, I don't want to argue about this. Maybe you like early chop and a cerebral high with great flavor or maybe you like to wait until the plant is as ripe as possible to get couch lock high...?? please don't school me unless I ask for an opinion.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks dude, but I have been doing this for 35 years and I am well aware of what areas to look at and when the plant is finished the way I want it finished. This leaf is from in close to the bud and it has given me a good indication of where it is at. Pistils, in my opinion, are not a good indicator.....nevermind, I don't want to argue about this. Maybe you like early chop and a cerebral high with great flavor or maybe you like to wait until the plant is as ripe as possible to get couch lock high...?? please don't school me unless I ask for an opinion.

Ok.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I'm pretty happy with this new 150 watt 3000K light so far. I think my400 watt HPS would have given this plant slightly bigger yield, but it certainly compares and even may be doing better than the 250 watt HPS. It's a little difficult to see in these pics but the leaves are starting to get some purple coming out in them which is very much like the HPS would. Less heat, less energy, it's all good!

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I harvested the Blackberry OG today, 63 days bloom. I got a very decent yield for a 3 gallon pot and a 150 watt LED. Gorilla Glue ain't got nothin' on this one! She is sticky! So here are a couple of pics to end this Blackberry OG grow, but I will be starting another grow soon using the same brand 150 watt LED but this one has a board of Samsung diodes like the quantum boards and will be a 4000k instead of a 3000k.
BBOG Harvest day 01
BBOG Harvest day 02
BBOG Harvest day 03
BBOG Stcky trim

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I'm still waiting for this to be all dry and then I can see what the total yield was.
I am starting another grow today using a Matristar S2 4000k 150 watt LED grow light and a Tangilope clone/ I wish now that I had started these grows in a grow diary, but I'll do it here again for this next grow.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

So I finally have all the Blackberry OG dry and the total weight was 78.6 grams of clean bud, no stems. Not bad, not great, but first time doing the BBOG strain, it may not have been a heavy yielder?? I will say it is the stickiest bud I have ever had in 35 years. After it was dry I put a bunch into a wide mouth jar to start curing and when I tipped the jar over to take it out and weigh it the whole jar full stood right there, not one bud fell from the tower of buds. Wish I had thought to take a picture. All in all, I think the 150 watt light worked out pretty well.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

So I finally have all the Blackberry OG dry and the total weight was 78.6 grams of clean bud, no stems. Not bad, not great, but first time doing the BBOG strain, it may not have been a heavy yielder?? I will say it is the stickiest bud I have ever had in 35 years. After it was dry I put a bunch into a wide mouth jar to start curing and when I tipped the jar over to take it out and weigh it the whole jar full stood right there, not one bud fell from the tower of buds. Wish I had thought to take a picture. All in all, I think the 150 watt light worked out pretty well.
My stuff does the same. Pretty cool the first couple times but gets annoying. I end up keeping a pair of hemo's on my work bench or I end up using a dirty pair of neddlenose pliers. Gonna make any concentrates?

Latest posts

Top Bottom