3. How tall are your plants? 8-10"
4. What type of hydro system are you using? coco croutons drain to waste
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using? pure blend pro
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution? 5.7-6.2
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water? 10
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution? 340
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? 70
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? no
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check? normally rises
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") 400 watt 8 lamp T5
14. How close are your lights to the plants? 8"
15. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2 x 4 cabinet
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 74 50-60%
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
18. How much experience do you have growing? 2 years of growing buds, bugs and seeds.

I picked these freshly rooted clones up 8 days ago.
This is my first grow using 100% coco croutons.
In the past I used about 50/50 canna coir/ croutons.
I have looked at all of my books and can't figure out what is wrong.

http://i352.invalid.com/albums/r355/ajetsrgn1/100_0477.jpg

http://i352.invalid.com/albums/r355/ajetsrgn1/100_0475.jpg

http://i352.invalid.com/albums/r355/ajetsrgn1/100_0469.jpg

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Just started running the bbk ( la wonderland) I had that same issue higher ppm and cal mag solved the problem, not sure which one specifically it was. 370 seems low, la wonderland ( where I sourced the cut) feeds their clones 400ppm so I'm guessing she's a hungry bitch. I hope this helps. Btw I rum 50/50 hydroton/ coco coir, use house and garden coco(full line +xal mag) and once I bumped my ppm up to 1000 she was a happy/sexy momma.
Confu...

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

crippled,
just out of curiosity, where did you get your clones from?

C

crippled1

Yes, I did get them from LA wonderland. Love their genetics and clean healthy clones.

I too thought my ppm's might be too low. I have also bumped up the calmag.
I couldn't be sure from all the books and threads I have searched to diagnose this.
To me, it seems like either a magnesium or phosphorus deficiency.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Funny. Mine are from LA Wonderland as well. I use totally different grow methods from you and have some of the same looking problem. I never quite came to a conclusion on what it is. I thought magnesium. Added cal mag. No improvement. I have been dealing with it as possibly a fungus issue, but I could be as wrong as they come. Maybe it is the ppm's. Doesn't make total sense to me, but again, I have no real definitive answer so far. Interesting...

-TF

C

crippled1

Were you able to resolve this issue or is it still a problem? I do know that these damaged leaves are not going to be repaired.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

As I said no definitive answer as of yet, unfortunately.

Have you tried a foliar feed on them to diagnose the problem?

G

Green-Girl

This is an interesting mystery. I found this thread by searching Blackberry OG cause I am debating whether to grow this strain for flowers because I am so happy with how its growing for me as a mother.

I got 6 different genetics from Wonderland about a month ago with the intent to grow mothers for cuts. I never had any problems with the Blackberry OG, its actually my best looking plant along with Bluedream. I did have issues with the Skywalker OG, and Platinum OG, and the Grand Daddy Purple. They got purple stems, droopped alot under the HPS. They were just weak at first, but they are for the most part recovering, except for the GDP which looks very similar to your blackberry issues - purple stems, yellowing on the edges. Weird

I'm not sure if I agree with Confuten1 about upping the PPMs. I have been very conservative with feeding and the Blackberry is thriving. I use DoubleDs nutrient schedule + I add calmag because I am in coco. I drain to waste and I water like this. Feed - Water - Feed - Water so I never have to deal with salt buildup

The only thing different I can think of is my PH is closer to 5.5. Maybe the Blackberry likes a little lower PH than what you are using? And maybe my plants that are not looking good like a higher PH?.. That's the only thing I can think of. Let me know they recover. Best of luck

C

crippled1

My nute solution did have calmag in it but I don't think I was using enough.
I added some calmag and also bumped up the ppms to 550.
The girls are already showing noticeable improvement since yesterday.
Thanks for the assist peeps.

Green girl - how old is your BB?
Do you remember what strength nutes you were using at week 1,2,3 etc?

I couldn't remember whether the dude at LA Wonderland told me they were getting 300 or 400 ppms. So I picked the lower side as a starting point.
I now believe that was too low.

Confuten - when you said you bumped the ppms up to 1000, what were your ppms before bumping it up to that level?

G

Green-Girl

its about a foot and a half tall and 1 foot wide. Its been vegging for almost 1 month and last time I watered I fed 600 PPM. I started from about 300-400 PPM.I think it could handle more nutes but 1000 seems a bit high for the age of the plants you're dealing with. I'm going to bump up the feeding to 800 PPM and I'll let you know how it affects the plant.

I noticed when I first got the cuts from wonderland that some cuts were a lot bigger than others. I remember that the blackberry I got was the tallest strongest looking cut from the beginning. So that's why I think she did so good from the beginning, whereas the others stalled a bit. Maybe you got a weaker cut than I, and they are just stalling as they adjust.

C

crippled1

I have 16 and they are all looking about the same.
It's amazing how much they grew right after I upped the ppms.

C

crippled1

problem solved

So, I finally figured this out.
Instead of going by the Botanicare feed chart, I was going by my ppms.
The chart for week 1 is 7.5ml pure blend pro grow and 5ml calmag.
Just these 2 in my R/O water is 900 ppms!
I was mixing it up at less than half that amount.
Since addressing this, they have absolutely exploded:icon_spin:

These 16 BB og have been in the ground for 10 days and are ready to start growing now. Leaves are even pointing up.

http://i352.invalid.com/albums/r355/ajetsrgn1/100_0484.jpg

Top Bottom