Blackdog Led "bd360-u" Vs. California Lightworks Led "solarstorm 440"

• Thread starter john martin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
str8smokn

str8smokn

Oh yes..mine has stopped now also,it's been outside in my shed(man cave) I think the summer heat helped it gass off. I've got a 4x8 spot framed off in back off shed waiting for it to finish.just wasn't sure if it would come back or not.thanks for the quick response..
I think that's why they stopped using vinyl in tents,I don't know.

str8smokn

str8smokn

That's where I got mine from also,I have a friend who ownes a carpet and flooring store.scrap piece.

john martin

john martin

Nice. I didn't glue it down, I screwed down some real thick plywood over the floor boards (old house, needed it) and just layed it down over that.

I'm planning on getting some nice over-sized trim and just fixing that down to the floor real good to pin the floor down.

The floor is relatively thick and doesn't really move around.

Is proper procedure to glue it?

john martin

john martin

Keep forgetting to use the Method Sevens, but their tops are pretty leveled out:

The Cali. L.W. seems to be promoting more of a bushy type growth, but both have pretty tight nodes.

Cali. Lightworks:
DSC00072

Blackdog:
DSC00075

john martin

john martin

I have been doing light feeds and foliars on the BD under the Blackdog. The one under the Cali. L.W. did some curl action from a light tea so I have not been feeding her. Going to have to feed them both differently. The Cali L.W. has really strong stems.

Blackdog:
DSC00077

Cali. L.W.:
DSC00078

john martin

john martin

Each mainline has three tops.

Blackdog is just under 3 x 3. (Dunno why this site keeps flipping it sideways):
DSC00088

Cali. L.W. is just under 2.75 x 2.75. (Culled one of the mainlines for not keeping up, and topped the odd one out):
DSC00089

Last edited:
I

Ivan French

You might not be able to beat the UVV lights from the Cali LW. Next could you compare Cali LW and Sun Sytems LEC? in separate rooms like this experiment!?

Also, what do you mean by "(Culled one of the mainlines for not keeping up, and topped the odd one out)". Did you cut it out for not performing? how does the plant respond?

Thanks

john martin

john martin

Sorry for the lack of updates, things have been pretty hectic!

So far the Blackdog is my favorite.

Sorry, but this is probably a one-time test as I was very interested in these two products.

Yes, the plant under the Cali L.W. is simply much more finicky and one of the mainlines was behind no matter how much I super-cropped the rest, so I cut it off.

Blackdog: Pretty easy going plant, eating a lot of food!:
DSC00099

Cali. L.W.: A week ago she looked much more happy, going to hit her with a tea next water and hopefully that balances her out. One thing though, is that the stalk on this one is thicker and more hardy than on the Blackdog:
DSC00097

Going to trim both of them up a flip them soon here!

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Excellent.. Nice comparision .. LED's seem to be Moving quickly in the Right Direction ..
Nice work @john martin ..
Grow strong!

john martin

john martin

Day 6 Flower!!!!!!!

Cali. Lightworks:
DSC00100

Blackdog:
She's hungry! Gonna hit her heavy soon!
DSC00101

Last edited:
coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

Did those plants really veg for 4 months? you're gonna have monsters!

john martin

john martin

I think they vegged for about 5+ months! I could have flipped them a bit earlier, especially the one under the Blackdog, but wanted to reallllllly see how much I can get off of these lights, thus the 15 gallon pots under only 350W.

I'm real interested to see how they turn out

Hoping for 12+oz each, but really wondering if I can get 16+...

john martin

john martin

Day 43 Flower:
Not nearly as chunky as I'm used to, but that's my fault for putting so many tops under only 350 watts, but regardless they are rock hard and will add up fast!

Blackdog:
DSC00121
DSC00122
DSC00123

Cali. Lightwork:
DSC00120
DSC00124
DSC00125

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

they have a long way to go...they will fill in a lot more...

john martin

john martin

This strain is an 8 weeker for sure, ran her many times. Maybe you are right with these though, due to having so many tops?

Top Bottom