Blasting directly onto an Oil-Slick pad?

• Thread starter hightide
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
So to blow or not to blow Graywolf? Either way works for me, I used the Oil Slick Pad to blow once, and heard a blip on the radar about this issue. To side with safety/health I will not blow into it, rather use it as a parchment replacement to wipe after scrap. Though it would be excellent if one were to perfect this design, as scrapping sucks. Thanks for the leg work Graywolf!

Cheers,
Crom

sixstring

sixstring

i have only done 1 run so far but i made a big mess on my hands and a razor,a knife,and another longer razor.any tricks to the final scrape and whats the best thing to store in?i just have my 4-5 gram pile sitting on a piece of parchment for now.would be way cool to learn how to cut down on whipping and scraping

stickyicky

stickyicky

i have only done 1 run so far but i made a big mess on my hands and a razor,a knife,and another longer razor.any tricks to the final scrape and whats the best thing to store in?i just have my 4-5 gram pile sitting on a piece of parchment for now.would be way cool to learn how to cut down on whipping and scraping

I will be anxiously waiting for a reply. With sticky digits.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

I go to harbor freight & buy a bunch of cheap small razors. I use vice grip pliers to grip the end of the side of the razor with more metal on it.

Only scrape small amounts at a time, use another razor to scrape the oil from the vice gripped razor than onto parchment. this may take several razor to razor scrapings.

I am able to get a 10 gram slab of shatter from the pyrex onto parchment without getting my hands sticky at all. If you make budder this is a much easier process.

Just store your oil in a folded piece of parchment. Glass oil dishes are nice but its much harder to get oil off glass than it is off parchment.

squiggly

squiggly

I go to harbor freight & buy a bunch of cheap small razors. I use vice grip pliers to grip the end of the side of the razor with more metal on it.

Only scrape small amounts at a time, use another razor to scrape the oil from the vice gripped razor than onto parchment. this may take several razor to razor scrapings.

I am able to get a 10 gram slab of shatter from the pyrex onto parchment without getting my hands sticky at all. If you make budder this is a much easier process.

Just store your oil in a folded piece of parchment. Glass oil dishes are nice but its much harder to get oil off glass than it is off parchment.

Please wear eye protection when using razor blades to scrape. They can and do break and catching one in the cornea is liable to hurt the bejesus out of your eye.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Please wear eye protection when using razor blades to scrape. They can and do break and catching one in the cornea is liable to hurt the bejesus out of your eye.

Most definitely. I buy a bunch of them and throw them away after a few uses. They get weak pretty fast with some hard scraping. Ive broken more than a couple.

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

No.... I just use the oil slick pad to line the inside of the Pyrex dish. This helps by not only the distributing of heat, but also absorbing some of the heat. Thus creating more stable oil, instead of some bs sap...

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Off topic, but since we're also talking about scraping I was wondering. When single blade razors are made, there is some sort of oil coating on the outside. For the scrapers, do you remove this oil coating from the blade? If so, how? Thanks Farmers!

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

Off topic, but since we're also talking about scraping I was wondering. When single blade razors are made, there is some sort of oil coating on the outside. For the scrapers, do you remove this oil coating from the blade? If so, how? Thanks Farmers!

Just wipe it down with some iso, and it should deteriorate the oil coating on the razor, & voila you are good to go my friend!

RoidsRus

RoidsRus

No.... I just use the oil slick pad to line the inside of the Pyrex dish. This helps by not only the distributing of heat, but also absorbing some of the heat. Thus creating more stable oil, instead of some bs sap...
I also forgot to add, I am not blasting directly into the oil-slick (although I have before). I put a layer of unbleached parchment over it which makes scraping it easier.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

Blasting onto anything but glass or the like, scares me. Scraping is sooo easy tho! Cleaning the leftover oil out from the pyrex is much more annoying to me!

I never seem to have paper towels in my house:( lol

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

yesssssssss but what about the oilslick pads???????? tefbag is oldschool....waitin on your findings etc on swelling and picking up weight etc w the silpat matts.......

scraping ez? hmmm not been my experience...
esp w bulk runs....

the tef bag tech is pretty tits tho...
prob one of my faves....
damn things are just expensive!!

Top Bottom