Blasting Kief

• Thread starter dabarino
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dabarino

i want to run a couple pounds of kief through my closed loop passively but im worried about clogging and blockage either breaking my mesh screen or just not getting it fully extracted..
i was thinking about using marbles in the column to help prevent clogging but wasnt sure if that do anything or not. ive ran a bit of it before open blasting and experienced a bit of clogging and when i removed the puck it was pretty compressed.

has anyone ran a bunch of kief at once before what tips can they offer?

C

Crush It

I was curious about this as well. I probably wouldn't run only kief but it would be awesome obviously to do so. Maybe run some grade a fire material and like pack an inch of flower and then a half inch of dry sift inch flower half inch sift etc etc...

D

dabarino

I ran 125 grams of keif and 25 grams of trim and found that worked pretty good but in the name of science I had to try pure keif at 130 grams per column and it worked fine a little slow getting the solvent to flow but I blasted 1.25 kilos of pure keif straight up with no issues

Graywolf

Graywolf

We routinely extracted kif in a Mk III and IV using a short column. We packed wadded coffee filters under it and a 150 mesh screen supporting those. For the 4" X 12" columns, we used a shower head on the inlet to evenly wet the material.

Reactions: km1
D

dabarino

We routinely extracted kif in a Mk III and IV using a short column. We packed wadded coffee filters under it and a 150 mesh screen supporting those. For the 4" X 12" columns, we used a shower head on the inlet to evenly wet the material.
Shower head would have been nice.. I was using a 1.5”x24” column

Top Bottom