Blaze's 2012 Adventure

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
maya42

maya42

I've wondered about that. I've always made sure to veg at least a week in the beds after xsplant . The idea is that I want the energy to go to budding instead of rooting. Not sure though

Blaze

Blaze

You would have to do a side by side test to figure out for sure. I'd always heard 'plants don't grow roots once they are in flower' from a lot of growers and obviously that is not true. Will putting out a bunch of roots during flower affect budset though? That I don't know. I do know having a big, healthy root mass produces big healthy flowers though....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't see growing root mass as necessarily competing with growing flower mass. The roots are the nutrient channels, the mouths and stomachs if you will. So more mouths and stomachs seems to mean more of anything and everything the plant can do, right? Post-transplant is a special case though, the plant has to get itself situated, so to speak.

I've been saying for a while that the plant continues to grow root mass after flowering has begun, too. :p

Blaze

Blaze

Oh absolutely... I mean the plants in this dep went form a 5 gal to a 25 gal and still filled them out in about 8 weeks. So in that sort time frame the root mass increased 5-fold, all while in flower.

I still prefer vegging them in their pots though, this was sort of a last minute project as this was the year we had just moved to our ranch and were not planning on doing one. But then some nice big pre-vegged plants that were already 1 week into flower sort of fell in our lap, so we went for it.

Blaze

Blaze

This thread was form 2012 Seamaiden :) . So yes, at the time this was originally posted, we had just moved to where we are now (the old family homestead where I grew up). That was 4 years ago, we are still the same spot you and Dave have visited. Far as I'm concerned you can bury me here in my orchard when I die, nothing short of a nuclear apocalypse is uprooting us.

Last edited:
Blaze

Blaze

MrRojo again I assume? I really wish your parents would put a content blocker on your computer. You sure waste a lot of time trying to troll me.

Last edited:
Blaze

Blaze

@Seamaiden can we go ahead and ban MrRojos and his new account NorcalSal? He obviously has no intention of every contributing to the site in a constructive manner.

Top Bottom