Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

The Peter Weir directed movie WITNESS with Harrison Ford had an excellent barn raising segment..Pounding in wooden dowels instead of nails. If you've never seen that movie I'd recommend, speaking of Amish people and their beliefs.
Oh yes, no metal was used in much of that barn. They used dowels and some genius locking device to hold them put.

I was totally nerding out with my woman last week we visited Casa Loma. Pallot built himself a private castle in the middle the sprawling city of Toronto during the 1800's and spared no expense, he loved to spend what he made. In the end it lead to being broke living in a small house. Theres quite a story to it all.

I was totally nerding out at much of it, stuff like the wood flooring down the length of a huge main hallway, I actually took pictures of the wooden dowels on the floor they were huge. What can I sat I appreciate that stuff.

We watched a short film in the under ground pool. Harrison Ford wasn't there as far as I know. But the Wolverine was lol. And a bunch of others. They run production in the place, |I bet all of you have seen at least of or two flicks that have film from inside. Its crazy.

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Frankster, How are your girls doing? They still in the ground? Probably with a nice weather.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

I plan to harvest today, but Im procrastinating it.

The entire plant went purple its crazy.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I plan to harvest today, but Im procrastinating it.

The entire plant went purple its crazy.
Considering where you are at, you’ve done a good job to get it this far! It’s time to start making those tough calls! I’m getting there also. Shoot a couple of pictures.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
8C05FF4E 491A 4B56 8E9C D86EF83997D8
530D0DA6 C670 4039 9853 C5FAB842205A
EE0FEDC4 B63A 4222 BA06 3BB6123BDBEE
ED64450E 22F7 4542 A257 5C57A6834AE3
Not a big fan of bud shots but will throw a few in as a representative sample. Getting pretty close on some. Facing a harvesting, drying, trimming, curing, logistical nightmare! As I just empathized with TSD! Have to do the final drying in my bedroom with the AC running 24 seven. I can get 60° and 40% humidity so it takes about a week to dry. Trying to avoid the barn which is 90° and 20% humidity. L O L! Think I’ll try chop, barn for a day, rough trim, bedroom for a week, final trim, then Into the grove bags for a cure. Sounds like a fucked up way of doing it as Any! 😄

DC62C06C BA40 4BC3 9FAE D1166B401D68
sambapati

sambapati

What a process, but no brown paper bag step? Please dont leave that step out....slow draw out of moisture. You will get at least 1 marijuana. Wish I lived closer, I would help.

Moshmen

Moshmen

View attachment 1292137View attachment 1292138View attachment 1292139View attachment 1292141Not a big fan of bud shots but will throw a few in as a representative sample. Getting pretty close on some. Facing a harvesting, drying, trimming, curing, logistical nightmare! As I just empathized with TSD! Have to do the final drying in my bedroom with the AC running 24 seven. I can get 60° and 40% humidity so it takes about a week to dry. Trying to avoid the barn which is 90° and 20% humidity. L O L! Think I’ll try chop, barn for a day, rough trim, bedroom for a week, final trim, then Into the grove bags for a cure. Sounds like a fucked up way of doing it as Any! 😄
Good plan!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
What a process, but no brown paper bag step? Please dont leave that step out....slow draw out of moisture. You will get at least 1 marijuana. Wish I lived closer, I would help.
Come on samba! That’s my MO! Take a simple process and turn it into a cluster fuck!😅 I wish you lived closer also! Thanks for the vote of confidence, moshmen!

sportyridr

sportyridr

View attachment 1292137View attachment 1292138View attachment 1292139View attachment 1292141Not a big fan of bud shots but will throw a few in as a representative sample. Getting pretty close on some. Facing a harvesting, drying, trimming, curing, logistical nightmare! As I just empathized with TSD! Have to do the final drying in my bedroom with the AC running 24 seven. I can get 60° and 40% humidity so it takes about a week to dry. Trying to avoid the barn which is 90° and 20% humidity. L O L! Think I’ll try chop, barn for a day, rough trim, bedroom for a week, final trim, then Into the grove bags for a cure. Sounds like a fucked up way of doing it as Any! 😄

nah...you have a plan...just don't forget the damn paper bag 😁

I do like the barn idea for a short period, Bugbee talks about that in a video getting rid of as much moisture in the first 24 hours as possible then settle into slow & low....I have been doing it since then, gives me more piece of mind in the early going particularly in the spring & summer (indoor)

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
nah...you have a plan...just don't forget the damn paper bag 😁

I do like the barn idea for a short period, Bugbee talks about that in a video getting rid of as much moisture in the first 24 hours as possible then settle into slow & low....I have been doing it since then, gives me more piece of mind in the early going particularly in the spring & summer (indoor)
I’m glad you told me that! Good enough for you and Bugbe, more than good enough for me! I’ll throw a few buds in a paper bag to placate sambapati And satisfy my curiosity. But I don’t think bags are realistic when you’re talking multiple pounds.

sportyridr

sportyridr

I’m glad you told me that! Good enough for you and Bugbe, more than good enough for me! I’ll throw a few buds in a paper bag to placate sambapati And satisfy my curiosity. But I don’t think bags are realistic when you’re talking multiple pounds.

No, just 1 paper bag for @sambapati lol

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Considering where you are at, you’ve done a good job to get it this far! It’s time to start making those tough calls! I’m getting there also. Shoot a couple of pictures.
I haven't even started. Its looking like today though. If I put it off much longer I may get some waste.

Usually two months is enough to grow fine bud. Indica dont do much physical growth past that mark. Tricks become amber then start going down hill.

The weather got crap .

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I hear ya! You push them as long as you can but eventually reach a point of diminishing return! What strain or strains are you growing? I have to go out and do an evaluation also. Pistols are done, getting cloudy on the sugar leaves, but still mostly clear on the inside of the bud. The inside is what I use to determine ripeness. So, probably let them go since there is nothing but fantastic weather in the forecast. Decisions, decisions! But it’s a very nice problem to have! L O L! Really can’t go wrong from here on out! Going to go out and spike a few stems later, also. If I don’t, sambapati Will give me the business!😁

Last edited:
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
8B07B195 7509 4855 B920 A122D8667EA0
FBE7C82D 490D 451F 899E B831A2C22819
Fuck it! Tough call, but my gut said to let them go a little longer, so I watered them. Probably the last time for most. Just think there is a little more to be coaxed out of them. The chances of getting an answer on this are slim, but I have An OG Kush/Kem dog cross. Doesn’t look like it has any Kush in it. But all summer it has been growing with almost a lime green color to it didn’t do anything about it because it was growing OK. Looks like it’s all Chemdog. Was wondering if anybody grew chemdog, And whether it is just a very light green strain? Grew it in the same soil As The rest and haven’t fed any of them anything but recharge all year. She is now my favorite because of the color, the buds are looking great, and The smell. It’s just different than the other plants. And I can tell that it is going to get me wrecked! Lol! It’s a wicked plant!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Do you have a wedge to go along with that sledge? Or two of them? That’s pretty old school! Looks like a pretty nice maul. Or ax.I guess it looks a little narrow for a maul.

Last edited:
Top Bottom