Blazing heat, smoke-filled skies, illegal! What could possibly go wrong?

• Thread starter Oldchucky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Is that OG Triploid from Humboldt?
Lots of controversy about their donuts right now lol, got their all gas going first time running their stuff!
Yeah, from Humboldt seed company! I just don’t really see what good they are except for cloning! Or unless you live next to a neighbor that likes to let pollen loose all over the neighborhood! And they cost twice as much! But I’ll be interested to see how yours turn out! Supposedly they’re supposed to be more potent, more disease resistant, etc., etc.! The usual sales pitch! Time will tell! I’ve been very happy with Their normal stuff! What is the controversy? It doesn’t sound GMO! They swear it isn’t GMO.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think the OG and the jelly donuts were the only triploids on the menu! What the hell are you doing spending that kind of money on them?

Lockebox

Lockebox

I think the OG and the jelly donuts were the only triploids on the menu! What the hell are you doing spending that kind of money on them?
Yeah I’m not running any triploids, just the All Gas OG from Humboldt seed co.

The controversy is that a lot of people are growing them inside and getting herms and overly stretchy plants I guess. and After reporting the issue Humboldt changed the description online to outdoor only, something like that. It’s just all the YouTube craze/hype, I play all that stuff as background noise as I do my thing

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That wouldn’t surprise me! They’ve gotten pretty big, and may be getting lax on the QC! Sounds like they’re not quite as sterile as they claim they are! But that is neither here, nor there! That shit is above my pay grade! The bottom line is, they beat me out of 140 bucks! Ha ha ha! And who knows! Might turn out to be the best plant I’ve ever grown! Another lesson learned about the evils of alcohol!😂 Five years ago everything was between 17 and 23%. Now it’s all between 30 and 35! Just some marketing numbers game! Can’t trust anybody anymore! I’ll bet you will be happy with your gas!

Lockebox

Lockebox

That wouldn’t surprise me! They’ve gotten pretty big, and may be getting lax on the QC! Sounds like they’re not quite as sterile as they claim they are! But that is neither here, nor there! That shit is above my pay grade! The bottom line is, they beat me out of 140 bucks! Ha ha ha! And who knows! Might turn out to be the best plant I’ve ever grown! Another lesson learned about the evils of alcohol!😂 Five years ago everything was between 17 and 23%. Now it’s all between 30 and 35! Just some marketing numbers game! Can’t trust anybody anymore! I’ll bet you will be happy with your gas!
Hahaha man sorry I didn’t mean to cast any negativity your way, hopefully you have a great run with that OG I’m sure you will being outside!
I actually did have some herms on my all gas already but that’s just the way the game sometimes, hoping for some fire bud!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Maybe the company is just gone to hell! I couldn’t find anything about outdoors only for the OG. But I did find something about the donuts! Oh, well, you pays you’re Money, and you takes your chances! Good luck with the gas!
IMG 3183

Lockebox

Lockebox

Maybe the company is just gone to hell! I couldn’t find anything about outdoors only for the OG. But I did find something about the donuts! Oh, well, you pays you’re Money, and you takes your chances! Good luck with the gas!View attachment 2171915
Yeah, I guess a bunch of people are pissed off because some content creators were doing donut runs so a whole bunch of people bought seeds, and now they’re unhappy I’m not really sure.

The guys from Humboldt came on a live and said the seeds were tested for several years and I’m pretty sure they do all their stuff outside so you should be good haha

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That is actually what I liked about this outfit! They did seem to do all their research and go out of their way to do it right! Their website says that! With pictures and procedures! But it wouldn’t be the first Time an outfit went off, half cocked! Doesn’t quite seem like the ernest outfit It did five years ago. I’ve only got two of theirs going this year. The OG and the Golden Sands! The rest are from all over Hell! L O L Go, OKC!😁

P

Phyto

Time for an update. Can’t chirp without backing it up. Friend came by with a blue lab. Was wondering what my Well Water was like. Turns out, high sixes pH with An EC of .3. There goes another excuse for my failures. Sounds halfway decent. Check my soil concoction with a slurry. PH the same as the water. Nitrate test strip showed probably close to 1500 ppm. I am no soil expert obviously but that sounds a little hot. So I have been whacking it approximately 50-50 with happy frog. Now onto a few pictures.View attachment 1255149the Curly Q Howard Memorial soil research facility in red Bluff.View attachment 1255150The Larry fine home for abused and neglected children!View attachment 1255162Upper left straight Jamaican. Other two are Jamaican white widow.View attachment 1255163A couple of San Fernando Valley Kush. These five are courtesy of the Washington state wild man! And will bear the full brunt of the sun all day.View attachment 1255167Old growth OG on the right which is the only feminized strain going.Humboldt dream on the left. Mostly full sun.View attachment 1255168Two Humboldt dreams and an Old growth 0G. Filtered sunlight just to see how they do in the heat. May have to move them. Have four frosted Altoids courtesy of we toke Chronic that are almost ready to be a potted. Summer is rapidly approaching thanks for taking a look. All criticism encouraged!View attachment 1255173View attachment 1255174My brother bagged this sow two days ago down in Riverside County. Said the quality of the meat is way better than he expected. processing it tomorrow. He Let them sit in salt and ice for a few days before processing.
March/April is way too early for outdoors in Red Bluff. That place gets freaking HOT in the summer with no humidity. My sister lives down the road in Cottonwood. I drive through there all the time on the way up to Mt, Lassen (Old Station). I remember stopping in Red Bluff in August, it was 96 degrees, and it was Midnight! Nice pig!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
L O L! That is about the only thing memorable about this town! Still pretty affordable up here! If you can deal with the lovely heat! But not as affordable, as it was 30 years ago! I like it! Old station would be sweet, but it’s a long ways to any stores! And too much snow! The road Through the park, probably won’t open for another month!

Last edited:
P

Phyto

L O L! That is about the only thing memorable about this town! Still pretty affordable up here! If you can deal with the lovely heat! But not as affordable, as it was 30 years ago! I like it! Old station would be sweet, but it’s a long ways to any stores! And too much snow! The road Through the park, probably won’t open for another month!
Luckily to get to my place I don’t have to go through the park. I was up there in late April and there was a little snow at 5000 ft, but none at my place. It really only gets used in the spring-summer, I close it up in October. Yeah other than a couple resort/gas station stores it’s 30 miles to Burney and a big grocery store.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, most people close up then! Only a few that are crazy enough to winter Up there! It’s nice that you have a place to escape the hustle and bustle! That’s priceless!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Held off on The up potting!. But some of them are ready for that! So probably some this evening! Like to let them get halfway big before moving up! Then they’re not quite so fragile, so less chance of me mangling them! Kind of slow going! But the temps are coming down so outdoors they go for a week during the day! That should speed things up a little. Well shoot a pic or two when I take them outside this morning.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
FWIW picture. Will do some up-potting and stem burying this evening! I have a hangup about transplanting after the sun goes down!🤪 Some are cooperating, and some are obstinate! Same as it ever was, same, as it ever was! They will come around!🐒
IMG 3186

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah,GNick Got me started on them! He’s a terrible influence by the way!😂 Pretty much everything I am lucky enough to harvest, is headed for the screens! Not expecting a lot out of the land race! More along the lines of taking a trip back in time. Want to experience some of the fruits of the real old stuff! But we are a long way from that! As you well know, sister! Gotta keep things fresh! My wall of grove bags is beginning to resemble your wall of totes! L O L! So time to get outside of the box!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah,GNick Got me started on them! He’s a terrible influence by the way!😂 Pretty much everything I am lucky enough to harvest, is headed for the screens! Not expecting a lot out of the land race! More along the lines of taking a trip back in time. Want to experience some of the fruits of the real old stuff! But we are a long way from that! As you well know, sister! Gotta keep things fresh! My wall of grove bags is beginning to resemble your wall of totes! L O L! So time to get outside of the box!
c’mon now it’s time to crawl up outta there
hahaha

Top Bottom