• Tagged users None
O

oglovinlife18

do the dark room grow tent block the ir?.....if not anyone have ne othere ideas

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
I thought they sell something that you can line your room/tent with to block FLIR. Yeah, it's called IR Block.. Check out this link, but it's call IR BLOCK..

A revolutionary new security product, Block-IR is made from NASA developed Infra-Red blocking technology. The two outer layers of Block-IR material reduce thermal imaging heat signatures by 97%. Each layer if Block-IR material is bonded to a durable layer of polyurethane for strength. An inner layer of insulation prevents conductive heat flow. An additional layer of polyurethane gives Block-IR high reliability and strength. Completely line any space with Block-IR for a 97% reduction in thermal imaging reduction. Don't be fooled by thin, cheap imitations that don't provide complete protection. This is the real deal. Accept nothing less..

http://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=552&navid=33

O

oglovinlife18

yeah but do do my whole ten by ten rooom w 8 foot cellings will cost me like 2 grand the tent wont do the same thing

D

Donkdbz

Reflectix is same thing as block IR but cheaper and you can get it at lowes. You can try and block your room all you like but a IR camera does not see through walls.

The real question is where do exhaust the heat? Even sealed room where is the heat from the AC go? If your worried run your lights during the day when FLIR is useless.

O

oglovinlife18

seald room w watter cooled lights would be better? but would i still need to have an air conditioner ?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
think there is a paint out, it may have been one of the products mentioned

devious d

devious d

i saw a flir camera being used in a documentary with the power companys copter:evilgrin0040:, they get a general heat source around windows as well as roofs, which they can change between 2 differant i.r colours black/white showed the whole roof differant colour to the surrounding houses roofs,they make it sound a lot more straight forward vthan it is, but i know they keep a few tricks up there sleeves but this wasnt as good as i had believed it to be, maybe massive grows yes ,but little house set ups in i.r proof tents no worries, im not saying dont take precautions because ive got my roof covered in it 2.0mx2.0m for £2.00 or £20.00 for all my roof and veg room wall.:sun thats the stuff Tex :bong-hits:white on the outside silver inside

O

oglovinlife18

i have 4000 wattss is that alot......shuld i cool w water cooled or just an air conditioner

K

kashinc

install a thermometer and make sure your tempature is in the 79-80 degree range anything above 85 degrees is death to your plants. if your AC does a good job at controlling the temp in your room then you are fine. You also might want to try grabbing a few inline fans and blowing air through your lights and out of the room. good luck !

Latest posts

Top Bottom