Blocking IR

• Thread starter Casey03
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Casey03

Hey Guys,

Im just about to finish the process or making my own grow room and the closer i get to completing the room the more and more i think about IR.

The room is not connected to the house, in fact its at the rear of the garden under a huge tree, but it dont cover the whole room. The walls are made out of 6mm plyboard which has been painted both sides. The roof is also made out of the same but has a special paint finish to keep heat in aswell as out. (Roofers Paint, Dont Ask HA!) on the outta walls there is around 1 foot of space between the fence. Between each joint of the boards they have been clued, mastic along with screws, not to mention also covered by that heat proof tape (Both Sides). I now have foil back celotex insulation along each side of the room as well as the roof and ceiling level, so double layer on top. All joints of the celotex insulation are joined with the heat proof tape. Now to get the finished edge i have foil back pasterboard on the walls and ceiling.

Now there are no light leaks and when the little hidden hatch is closed you cant see your hand.

I will have 4 x 600Watt lights running on a 12/12 of course lights on at the day time. Im now looking to get some sort of material to use on the ceiling level to block IR and have come across Mylar Diamond Sheeting, It says its Infa red proof.

Will this stop the IR Sig?

I plan to the run the venting out of the grow room and into the games section. as for venting it out side i am not sure yet. Was going to check where to put that once the air coming out the end has cooled down.

Top Bottom