Blood And Bones: Outdoor 2018

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Can't figure out or remember what BT stands for. Spinosad is a bacteria that kills caterpillars. Haven't found it to be effective on much of anything else but in my experience it's devastating to the pillars.

Need to correct myself -

Spinosad is a concoction made from the toxin found in the soil from the bacterium Saccharopolyspora spinosa. It is not the actual bacteria. Not that this info makes any difference in how it's applied or it's effects in the garden. Just an FYI in the interest of an accurate description.

justiceman

justiceman

got same problem in my veggie containers,thought it was catipillars,so gave the plants a shot of azamax,as i sprayed the damn things started to surface from the soil,killed about 20 of them in 5 min,come to find out they are moth worms,they live in the soil and come out at night,found another in some spider web looking stuff under a leave close to soil ,started with little holes and ended with whole leaves gone,so a close eye i been watching them,we finally have had rain all week and it been keeping them at bay for now,the seem to be like worms,when you water they come to surface,i just chanced finding this out,i started spraying leaves and instead was spraying the soil when they come out.
garden looks the tops bro
Ya these lil guys come every season. I'm a fan of neem oil, but not during flower. The ones I'm dealing with like to lay eggs on the bottoms of leaves. Man that's a trip coming out of the soil, but if that's where they lay seems like it's a bit easier to combat which is cool.

Before I say anything about your girls, if you're not using a Spinosad product, imho you should get some. Very effective on the blight-o-pillars and I know Capt. Jack's is safe late in the flower cycle. Capt. Jack's or Monterey, great stuff. Jack's worked fantastically for me and my cousin to combat the massive silk worm/tent caterpillar aerial bombardments last year. Every cat was dead within 24hrs. Going to put on an application tonight, myself.

Your plants are off the hook, brother. That Bubblegum cola is a gorgeous specimen. I still think my Idunnoes and your Cheese share some ancestry. My Idunnoes just started flowering about 2 weeks ago and though I really held no hope of it producing anything tangible, she's actually starting to load up. She has a very skunky smell, hmmm, didn't expect that in the midst of a bunch of bananas.
View attachment 830003 I have no idea if she's going to survive till harvest. The weather gets real ugly here around the end of Nov. Hopefully her flower cycle is short.

I can't believe how fast your girls grew. You're doing sumthin right.
Good advice Junk. I have not actually used Spinosad before, but after researching it a little bit it seems like some very solid and harmless stuff. I like that. I'm also a fan of BT(Bacillus thuringiensis). Neem oil and BT are about the only things I will use but I may have to add Spinosad to that list since it seems like a direct replacement to BT. I wonder which is more effective. Either way I like that they are all naturally derived and OMRI listed.

The Idunnoes and Farm Cheese are definitely flowering around the same time. Late to the party, but like you said I think they will end up producing quite well. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks from now. Ya I'm hoping thing start to finish up around then. We definitely have a couple late flower plants haha.

Do BT and spinosad do the same thing, i.e. do you only need one?
I am pretty sure they do the same thing. BT is older and Spinosad is a newer. Both are natural and nontoxic to humans which is awesome.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Need to correct myself -

Spinosad is a concoction made from the toxin found in the soil from the bacterium Saccharopolyspora spinosa. It is not the actual bacteria. Not that this info makes any difference in how it's applied or it's effects in the garden. Just an FYI in the interest of an accurate description.

Ya these lil guys come every season. I'm a fan of neem oil, but not during flower. The ones I'm dealing with like to lay eggs on the bottoms of leaves. Man that's a trip coming out of the soil, but if that's where they lay seems like it's a bit easier to combat which is cool.

Good advice Junk. I have not actually used Spinosad before, but after researching it a little bit it seems like some very solid and harmless stuff. I like that. I'm also a fan of BT(Bacillus thuringiensis). Neem oil and BT are about the only things I will use but I may have to add Spinosad to that list since it seems like a direct replacement to BT. I wonder which is more effective. Either way I like that they are all naturally derived and OMRI listed.

The Idunnoes and Farm Cheese are definitely flowering around the same time. Late to the party, but like you said I think they will end up producing quite well. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks from now. Ya I'm hoping thing start to finish up around then. We definitely have a couple late flower plants haha.

I am pretty sure they do the same thing. BT is older and Spinosad is a newer. Both are natural and nontoxic to humans which is awesome.

Thatā€™s what i came up with as well, spino and BT are both bacteria, or bacteria derived poison, that kill cats just wasnā€™t sure if using both is better or if they target the same species and do the same thing making using both unnecessary.

justiceman

justiceman

What's up fellow farmers? It's time for some structure shots. So far everything is going pretty good. There have been some decent winds coming in but the plants have been holding up to it well. Looks like the girls in general needed just a bit more food in the soil for "perfect" nutrition, but I'm not too worried. They are lightening up a little bit on the bottoms, but overall look good. It's all smoke for myself anyway so a hit in yield won't be a huge deal. It's already gonna be more than I need :smoking:. What I'm really excited about is it looks like the two indica dominants int he small bed seem to be finishing faster. It will help me stagger the harvest so that I don't get too overwhelmed with work.

Afgooey
31BBB52A 6E82 425D 8558 4409452B516F

Blueberry Gum #2
8B52722B 9064 410F A372 D8BB7401B2F1

Farm Cheese
25868957 E638 40E1 A2B3 E7030712DFF2

Outlaw
188920F6 9B44 4592 B8D0 CA2D43ABB7C1

Family Shots

38DCFE7B 6673 42FC 930D 947096E96DE6
93DBD198 F826 404B 8243 04A0FB116080

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

What's up fellow farmers? It's time for some structure shots. So far everything is going pretty good. There have been some decent winds coming in but the plants have been holding up to it well. Looks like the girls in general needed just a bit more food in the soil for "perfect" nutrition, but I'm not too worried. They are lightening up a little bit on the bottoms, but overall look good. It's all smoke for myself anyway so a hit in yield won't be a huge deal. It's already gonna be more than I need :smoking:. What I'm really excited about is it looks like the two indica dominants int he small bed seem to be finishing faster. It will help me stagger the harvest so that I don't get too overwhelmed with work.

Afgooey
View attachment 830179

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
View attachment 830180

Farm Cheese
View attachment 830181

Outlaw
View attachment 830182

Family Shots

View attachment 830183 View attachment 830184

The difference in sise is crazy. They are looking good. Slightly bright green but nothin I'd worry about either. I've got one like that and I can't feed her enough nitrogen to darken her up.

justiceman

justiceman

Sup everyone :smoking:

Itā€™s time for some flower shots! For about a week things cooled down but now we are back into the 80ā€™s. Resin production is in full effect now and the flowers are starting to stack and thicken up.

Afgooey
I love the unique afgooey smell. Not even sure how to describe it, but anybody that knows should understand. I was hoping to see more compact flower development from this one. I'm not sure if it's a common genetic characteristic or if it just happens to be this phenotype. The calyx's seem a bit more sparse in comparison to the others and she seems to want to produce more sugar leaves as well which makes trimming a bit harder. Overall I'm definitely happy with her though. Interested to see how the flowers look fully developed.
09CC2286 5C9A 4262 A990 BA3E908CA86B
2F0AC3D1 FFD9 4002 A828 74066CF8A4DE

Blueberry Gum
She smells strongly of blueberry's and it's pretty unmistakable at this point. What I really like on her is the flower structure. The calyxes are compact, dense, and the overall flower size relative to the plant size is awesome. Looks like a nice yield coming in so far.
1E1FF5AB CB5D 4B46 9E44 F49B8C2B712A
9D9CAAB2 6725 4C1E A8C7 088D842B7DC5

Farm Cheese
Now would you look at this one. She's finally producing some good looking trichs so I can start to get an idea of what she'll smell like. So far it's slightly fruity but mostly skunky. I am liking the diversity in aroma's so far from all the different strains this season. She is also beginning to produce a large amount of dense flowers. I am very excited to see what kind of yield will come off this one.
93BA1F2E 3C90 4AB1 AAA2 CD7751E1F63A
E04E9A79 B965 4F2A B3A0 A3933832ABCF

Outlaw
Oddly enough I thought this one was ahead of the Farm cheese in terms of resin production, but looks like they switched places haha. The aroma from this one is only describable as fruity pebbles for me. She has kind of a hybrid flower structure between the Farm Cheese and Blueberry Bubblegum #2. She is stacking nicely. Definitely going to yield a nice amount from this one as well.
0CA200E6 C664 4C1A 8CB9 E1AFF61F0959
732F3B46 D5AA 4BDB B635 3F896FAEAD9C

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Itā€™s time for some flower shots! For about a week things cooled down but now we are back into the 80ā€™s. Resin production is in full effect now and the flowers are starting to stack and thicken up.

Afgooey
I love the unique afgooey smell. Not even sure how to describe it, but anybody that knows should understand. I was hoping to see more compact flower development from this one. I'm not sure if it's a common genetic characteristic or if it just happens to be this phenotype. The calyx's seem a bit more sparse in comparison to the others and she seems to want to produce more sugar leaves as well which makes trimming a bit harder. Overall I'm definitely happy with her though. Interested to see how the flowers look fully developed.
View attachment 830790 View attachment 830794

Blueberry Bubblegum
She smells strongly of blueberry's and it's pretty unmistakable at this point. What I really like on her is the flower structure. The calyxes are compact, dense, and the overall flower size relative to the plant size is awesome. Looks like a nice yield coming in so far.
View attachment 830791 View attachment 830795

Farm Cheese
Now would you look at this one. She's finally producing some good looking trichs so I can start to get an idea of what she'll smell like. So far it's slightly fruity but mostly skunky. I am liking the diversity in aroma's so far from all the different strains this season. She is also beginning to produce a large amount of dense flowers. I am very excited to see what kind of yield will come off this one.
View attachment 830792 View attachment 830797

Outlaw
Oddly enough I thought this one was ahead of the Farm cheese in terms of resin production, but looks like they switched places haha. The aroma from this one is only describable as fruity pebbles for me. She has kind of a hybrid flower structure between the Farm Cheese and Blueberry Bubblegum #2. She is stacking nicely. Definitely going to yield a nice amount from this one as well.
View attachment 830793 View attachment 830796
great shot with the palm tree in back ground,see there you was worried and look at that girl swealing up like she pregnant hahahah

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Afgooey
View attachment 830790 View attachment 830794

Blueberry Bubblegum
View attachment 830791 View attachment 830795

Farm Cheese
View attachment 830792 View attachment 830797

Outlaw
View attachment 830793 View attachment 830796
Well done Justice. Well done!! Looking gorgeous. Wow

justiceman

justiceman

Whats up everyone! Time for some structure shots. Thank you for all the comments and love :love2: So far things are moving along pretty smoothly. Flower production is in full effect right now. Everything is stacking and they all seem to be strong and healthy for the most part. The caterpillar damage although minor has been localized to mainly the Blueberry Gum #2 which is interesting. I guess they like the smell. Still monitoring closely. Speaking of the BB#2 I have been labeling it incorrectly. It's Blueberry Gum #2, not Blueberry Bubblegum #2. Minor difference but I thought it should be noted. The big girls in the back have no signs of pest damage which is awesome. They are setting up for big yields so I hope they get damaged minimally.

Afgooey
She is lightening up a bit but overall looking great. I love the main cola she is producing. This will without doubt be the lowest yield of the bunch but the smoke will be really nice. I'm a big fan of the effects from this strain.
D9776BBD F7E8 4B53 BE18 2642626284B9
64C1BA2D 53F0 49A4 9B2E D6CD93C25A8F

Blueberry Gum #2
She has lightened up the most of all, but I'm confident she's got enough left in her to make it through. I'm very happy with how the nutrition is going with this water only approach. It's been very simple. As a side note I'll know to add just a bit more dry food to the smaller bed next season to account for less surface area.
4D33C066 03F5 4421 9034 F574D4E21E4E
C66A3A9F D50E 4AB3 A55B B93B80C3CF8B

Farm Cheese
This lady is putting in some serious work. I'm blown away by the size and amount of flower sites. She's an absolute beauty. I'm really glad I decided not to top her and let the natural shape come out. I'm happy with the nutrition levels in the big bed. Seems like it was just the right amount of dry food.
A28E3F98 ECA1 4013 BFD8 9259031F42FF
4D14A3AE 05E6 4968 B7E1 B5E3D97A0BE8

Outlaw
No slouch either. This one really wanted to compete with the Farm Cheese and she's doing a fine job of it. These two in the big 4x8 bed are definitely the pride and joy of my garden this season. Nice christmas tree structure with respectable branch strength so far. Can't wait to see them progress. It looks like a good yield for sure.
1BD02051 314D 4B28 9B1C 4458EC63F35E
2FF7E36D A521 4457 A1E4 F9AE116F9C7D

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Whats up everyone! Time for some structure shots. Thank you for all the comments and love :love2: So far things are moving along pretty smoothly. Flower production is in full effect right now. Everything is stacking and they all seem to be strong and healthy for the most part. The caterpillar damage although minor has been localized to mainly the Blueberry Gum #2 which is interesting. I guess they like the smell. Still monitoring closely. Speaking of the BB#2 I have been labeling it incorrectly. It's Blueberry Gum #2, not Blueberry Bubblegum #2. Minor difference but I thought it should be noted. The big girls in the back have no signs of pest damage which is awesome. They are setting up for big yields so I hope they get damaged minimally.

Afgooey
She is lightening up a bit but overall looking great. I love the main cola she is producing. This will without doubt be the lowest yield of the bunch but the smoke will be really nice. I'm a big fan of the effects from this strain.
View attachment 831849 View attachment 831853

Blueberry Gum #2
She has lightened up the most of all, but I'm confident she's got enough left in her to make it through. I'm very happy with how the nutrition is going with this water only approach. It's been very simple. As a side note I'll know to add just a bit more dry food to the smaller bed next season to account for less surface area.
View attachment 831850 View attachment 831854

Farm Cheese
This lady is putting in some serious work. I'm blown away by the size and amount of flower sites. She's an absolute beauty. I'm really glad I decided not to top her and let the natural shape come out. I'm happy with the nutrition levels in the big bed. Seems like it was just the right amount of dry food.
View attachment 831851 View attachment 831855

Outlaw
No slouch either. This one really wanted to compete with the Farm Cheese and she's doing a fine job of it. These two in the big 4x8 bed are definitely the pride and joy of my garden this season. Nice christmas tree structure with respectable branch strength so far. Can't wait to see them progress. It looks like a good yield for sure.
View attachment 831852 View attachment 831856

Great production. Forgot you were all water. You've got a good setup there. Plenty enough for personal smoke+ for the next year. For me, the sise of the cola is much less important than desired effects and flavor. I smoked these little Nepalese nuggs last year that had a perfect buzz and most of the time the killer Trainwreck I bought had tiny nuggs as well. I have no doubt you'll harvest fire this year.

Your Cheese is looking like my Banana Ice Cream #2 & Banana Crack. They all have those Skunk genetics that can produce long, thin, densely packed colas.

Lovin the blue sky pics.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Great production. Forgot you were all water. You've got a good setup there. Plenty enough for personal smoke+ for the next year. For me, the sise of the cola is much less important than desired effects and flavor. I smoked these little Nepalese nuggs last year that had a perfect buzz and most of the time the killer Trainwreck I bought had tiny nuggs as well. I have no doubt you'll harvest fire this year.

Your Cheese is looking like my Banana Ice Cream #2 & Banana Crack. They all have those Skunk genetics that can produce long, thin, densely packed colas.

Lovin the blue sky pics.

X2, the pic with the sun in the back is awesome!

Top Bottom