Bloom boost 1st week of flower?

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeWcS

NeWcS

Looking thru my old logs and it looks like I once used shooting powder in the 1st, 5th & 6th week of flower.

Next run I am thinking about using shooting powder in week 1 and Monster Bloom in weeks 4,5,6

Does anyone else add anything to kick the plant in the ass into flower? Kinda a 'welcome to flowering' additive.

Lastely, I am going to use half a tsp of Carbo-max during the flowering on my next grow. Does anyone have any experience with this product from Gro-tek. (Sick of slimy roots from molasses)

Input would be great.
(Growing in DWC)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't give any bloom nutes the 1st week of flower, I just follow the same feed schedule as the last week in veg, but the start of the 2nd week of flower is when I use 50/50 veg/bloom nutes, which is Grow Big/Tiger Bloom. So I use the Tiger Bloom from week 2-7, but I also give a lite PK boost, which is KoolBloom, from the end of week 2-4, then weeks 5-7 I give a heavy PK boost. Beginning of week 8 I give a heavy flush then nothing but plain water after that.

turbo14

turbo14

I have noticed less stretch and closer node spacing when introducing PK boosters such as Kool Bloom Powder and Moab in weeks 1+2. Depends how ya want them to grow. I go 1/4 dose until week 4 then half then at week 6 full dose.

turbo

NeWcS

NeWcS

Thanks for the input. So I am to believe that people DO use boosters early on in the flowering phase.

Thx guys/gals

P

paulycali

Thanks for the input. So I am to believe that people DO use boosters early on in the flowering phase.

Thx guys/gals

Correct! People do use bloom boosters the 1st week of flowering

I personally don't

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You can use bloom boosters during the 1st couple weeks of bloom, some people say it helps trigger onset of flowers. This is my 1st time hearing it creates tight internodal spacing during the 'stretch' so I can't tell you if that actually works, but I've never heard anybody say that or seen it before, so it could of just been a specific strain he was growing that didn't stretch as much when he happened to use the PK boost?? idk. Maybe you should use the boost early on some plants and late on others, that way it would help you figure out the answer.

Top Bottom