Bloom nutrient fall out issue

• Thread starter meerkat67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

meerkat67

I’ve just not long flipped to flower and this means now adding my bloom enhancer.. but doing so is causing my solution to turn cloudy.. I’ve tested in glasses before adding to my res in different orders and it seems to be reactions with the A&B parts.. that’s when it goes cloudy.. they are all compatible (CX range) any ideas on how to stop this?

Bloom nutrient fall out issue
SmokeyTheBandit2023

SmokeyTheBandit2023

I’ve just not long flipped to flower and this means now adding my bloom enhancer.. but doing so is causing my solution to turn cloudy.. I’ve tested in glasses before adding to my res in different orders and it seems to be reactions with the A&B parts.. that’s when it goes cloudy.. they are all compatible (CX range) any ideas on how to stop this?
Multiple reasons mate, can be nutrients attracting bacteria or algae, mixed lid of another fert product, to much light were fert is stored, measure cup has other stuff in it? Nutrients can be old can be build up in a resovair reacting when toppedup. List goes on

M

meerkat67

Hmmmm, definitely not a minor lid mix situation (I make sure they are always placed one before going to the next one) nutes are always stored in a dark room. I also wash the measuring cup after each one added.. as for the res build up. I’ve been testing orders in glasses full of water and it still does it damn it lol. It’s a big reaction.. happens about 2 seconds after it’s added in and just starts going super cloudy. I can’t get past A&B it reacts on those two.. I even tried adding the bloom first then A&B but it still doesn’t like it.. can’t only think that maybe it’s a bad batch of bloom? Nothing else is causing issues but this?
Multiple reasons mate, can be nutrients attracting bacteria or algae, mixed lid of another fert product, to much light were fert is stored, measure cup has other stuff in it? Nutrients can be old can be build up in a resovair reacting when toppedup. List goes on

SmokeyTheBandit2023

SmokeyTheBandit2023

Hmmmm, definitely not a minor lid mix situation (I make sure they are always placed one before going to the next one) nutes are always stored in a dark room. I also wash the measuring cup after each one added.. as for the res build up. I’ve been testing orders in glasses full of water and it still does it damn it lol. It’s a big reaction.. happens about 2 seconds after it’s added in and just starts going super cloudy. I can’t get past A&B it reacts on those two.. I even tried adding the bloom first then A&B but it still doesn’t like it.. can’t only think that maybe it’s a bad batch of bloom? Nothing else is causing issues but this?
That really sounds strange mate. Hmmm 🤔🤔 so mixing separate solution while maintaining ph, while testing run off? Hasn't been effective ? Maybe a bad batch is possible wouldnt be un herd of, but I do have a theory..nutrient fall out, are you using any silica? Also as you said your stacking nutes? Are you ph ing after mixing also maybe try using a bucket to dilute nutes mix and stack what doesn't react! Then add to reservoir etc, use silica last as a ph down if need be, but to be fair maybe just separate ph'ed mixes will be best if the issue isn't sorted! I'm sure you will iron the creases out and grow some gold!!! Good luck Gromie!

SmokeyTheBandit2023

SmokeyTheBandit2023

My reply wasn’t directed to you. You just beat me to the post.

With 20+ years I’m sure he’s on good hands and you’ll have have it fixed in no time. 👍

Have a good morning guys.

Zen
I.R.I.E bless up one love brother blessing be 2 Jah, have a great day 🙏

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

These questions should be addressed by the manufacturer. They might have a FAQ that is helpful.

Does this dissolve again if you add pH-Down or pH-Up?

M

meerkat67

That really sounds strange mate. Hmmm 🤔🤔 so mixing separate solution while maintaining ph, while testing run off? Hasn't been effective ? Maybe a bad batch is possible wouldnt be un herd of, but I do have a theory..nutrient fall out, are you using any silica? Also as you said your stacking nutes? Are you ph ing after mixing also maybe try using a bucket to dilute nutes mix and stack what doesn't react! Then add to reservoir etc, use silica last as a ph down if need be, but to be fair maybe just separate ph'ed mixes will be best if the issue isn't sorted! I'm sure you will iron the creases out and grow some gold!!! Good luck Gromie!
I haven’t needed to run separate solutions.. I just mix them in my res (separately and stirred between each) without issue till I started adding the bloom last feed and I just dropped a little in the res to make sure it would be okay and the tiny bit I put in turned cloudy almost instantly.. so I tried mixing in different orders in a glass in smaller amounts and it still did it no matter what.. if I add all the ones that don’t fall out to the res then feed a separate solution of the bloom and feed after I’ve feed the res water, this shouldn’t react? Or will it just do what it did in the res within the soil? Appreciate the help

M

meerkat67

These questions should be addressed by the manufacturer. They might have a FAQ that is helpful.

Does this dissolve again if you add pH-Down or pH-Up?
I can’t get hold of them anywhere.. it’s very odd. I haven’t tried that.. it mixes fine to normal un ph’ed tap water.. should I feed separately? Would it still fall out in the soil after feeding the other nutes first?

Top Bottom