BloomBox Grow #5 - Unknown

• Thread starter RickyRicardo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RickyRicardo

Hey Guys,

Well after 2 successive continuous grow, and 2 failed one I am starting my grow number 5.

Already much more success I successfully started my seedlings and transferred them to 3 inch rockwool cubes two days ago.

Did not do any of my previous mistakes of starving the seedlings or overwatering them this time! They actually look a week older than the last grows!

What I have done different this time?

Soaked the seeds 24 hours prior I planted them. Soaked the rockwool a few days in PH 4 water (the water was at PH 6 by the time I used the rockwool)

Also started diluted nutes as soon as two leaves showed up. Result? roots showing out of the rockwool within days (not weeks).

The strain is unknown as these were seeds a friend gave to me.

F

frostedlove

Looking forward to your grow Bro
Feels good to always over come the problems
from before.

Good luck

R

RickyRicardo

First week in Flower

Hey,

Did not provide much update as there was not much to say. Now into my first week of flower, will do a water and nute change tonight.

Things are going well, I switch the plants to the Metal Halyde for the first week and save myself the kind of stretch I experienced on the first two grows.

Also have been crimping the plants, I got nice fat stalks and short plants.

Here a few pics:

DSCF2099.jpg

DSCF2098.jpg

DSCF2095.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2097.jpg

R

RickyRicardo

Cloning

Well I have had miserable experience cloning, so I bought a cloner, so far the clones are still alive but have failed to show any roots...

One week into it, checked pH everyday and is maintained around 5.8 and followed the instruction on the rooting liquid and also used Gel. Water temp around 19-20

Any pointer?

DSCF2100.jpg

R

RickyRicardo

Sexing

Sexed my plants as flowers are starting to come up.

Three definite males and one I could not decide (hermie?) so took it out too.

5 girls left, not bad!

R

RickyRicardo

Lighting

Currently running a 400 W Metal Halide, which I plan to change next week (Week 3) to minimize the stretching.

Will see if this has an impact.

What are the specs on your lighting? are you using the T5 bulbs on bottom as suplemental lighting?

Grow is looking great so far. keep it up.

R

RickyRicardo

Week 2 Flowering

I Moved the female plants to give them some space and cleaned up the lower leaves. Plants are branching nicely and building up a nice crown.

Box:
DSCF2101.jpg

Plant 1:
DSCF2102.jpg

DSCF2109.jpg

Plant 2:
DSCF2104.jpg

DSCF2110.jpg

Plant 3:
DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2111.jpg

Plant 4:
DSCF2106.jpg

DSCF2112.jpg

Plant 5:
DSCF2108.jpg

DSCF2113.jpg

Initial Flowers:
DSCF2114.jpg

R

RickyRicardo

Another male

Plant number two has turned out to be a male... so 4 girls left....

R

RickyRicardo

Reorganized the Flowering Space

Well I had another make crop on me so took it out this morning and moved everyone to give the maximum of space to grow.

Seems there are two different strains or influence as two of the plants have nice fat leaves and plump structure and the other two have narrow leaves and more elongated.

The two with narrow leaves also have some yellow leave spot, anyone can explain what is going on? they are all receiving the same treatment...

Some pictures...

Group photo:
DSCF2165.jpg

Plant 1:
DSCF2166.jpg
DSCF2167.jpg

Plant 5:
DSCF2168.jpg
DSCF2169.jpg

Plant 3:
DSCF2170.jpg
DSCF2171.jpg

Plant 4:
DSCF2172.jpg

DSCF2173.jpg

F

frostedlove

Looks like you have purple stems in the photo's .....Hard to tell but they do not look green! 9 times out of ten thats the start of a def. Look it up and you will see it all over the treads. Purple is not a good thing most of the time until the end. If you let it go too long the leaves viens will turn purple and slowly die.

Phosphorus (P) deficiency:Fan leaves are dark green or red/purple, and may turn yellow. Leaves may curl under, go brown and die.
Phosphorus deficiencies exhibit slow growing, weak and stunted plants with dark green or purple pigmentation in older leaves and stems.

I let my red go till it was real bad my first grow and it really stunted my growth rate!
Stay on top of it

R

RickyRicardo

Nope the stems are totally green no purple there.

I though a deficiency too but why are two showing leaf mark and the other two are bushy and green and no leaf spots?

Looks like you have purple stems in the photo's .....Hard to tell but they do not look green! 9 times out of ten thats the start of a def. Look it up and you will see it all over the treads. Purple is not a good thing most of the time until the end. If you let it go too long the leaves viens will turn purple and slowly die.

Phosphorus (P) deficiency:Fan leaves are dark green or red/purple, and may turn yellow. Leaves may curl under, go brown and die.
Phosphorus deficiencies exhibit slow growing, weak and stunted plants with dark green or purple pigmentation in older leaves and stems.

I let my red go till it was real bad my first grow and it really stunted my growth rate!
Stay on top of it

F

frostedlove

Nope the stems are totally green no purple there.

I though a deficiency too but why are two showing leaf mark and the other two are bushy and green and no leaf spots?

Never group the girls together.....each plant is its on self. Some plants respond to different things in different ways.

glade no purps----must have been my screen on the dark green.....

R

RickyRicardo

Week 3 of flowering

Well Now starting week 3 of Flowering, so I changed my solution and moved to HPS.

Plant 4 is my favorite so far as far as structure and leaf density.

A few Pics:

Plant 1:
DSCF2190.jpg
DSCF2191.jpg

Plant 5:
DSCF2192.jpg
DSCF2193.jpg

Plant 3:
DSCF2194.jpg
DSCF2195.jpg

Plant 4:
DSCF2196.jpg
DSCF2197.jpg

R

RickyRicardo

Budding

Switched to HPS today, the growth seemed to concentrate in the buds today.

Pictures:

Plant 5:
DSCF2199.jpg

Plant 1:
DSCF2200.jpg

Plant 3:
DSCF2201.jpg

Plant 4:
DSCF2202.jpg

S

Sense I. Milla

What's your nute mix? They looked a little starved....

Your running hydro right or is it soil, what's your medium, looks like a coco mix from the pics but I can't tell?

As for the cloning,

It's an aeroponic cloner?

Just make sure that your res. is topped off high enough so the cuttings get all their water,

also adding a dome to the cloner will help increase humidity (clones need high RH) and a dome will help the clones get the nutes they need through their foliage (leaves) before they have rooted.

Otherwise, that's really clean growing space you have there!

Sub'd and watching. Good luck.

-Sense

lazarus718

lazarus718

Since you're running the same nutes and lights on all of them the ones with the leaf spotting may just have weak genetics...if you're doing a run with some seeds a buddy gave you there is no telling what they are or how old they are. Probably as simple as that man, sounds like you are checking your Ph regularly and not over-nuting, so just stick with it and see what happens. You could screw up your nice looking ladies if you start tinkering around with the crack whores.

R

RickyRicardo

Nutes and PH

Yeah checking the PH daily as there are important fluctuations the first 4 days after I change my mix.

So the plants are in rockwool blocks. Which I don't particularly care for to be honest, they do affect the PH a lot. The empty baskets have coco as I wanted to prevent light from going in the reservoir and wanted to see how wet it would remain from the daily watering. Think they would be a good option to replace the rockwool.

As for the Nutes, I have batches of AN products from before and after they changed the formulae (and some products are now more concentrated). So had to adjust for thos products that I was not feeding enough.

Also, my last crop was not a heavy feeder so I had used the light regime, I bumped it up to the Medium. They are looking better I think now.

R

RickyRicardo

Started CO2

Started the CO2 this week, my hydroponic shop is at the other end of town, not too convenient to replace cartridges. They have a Coca-Cola Label on them, wonder if one can buy/trade them elsewhere.

They charge 50$ for them, anyone else use CO2 bottles? what is the cost in your area?

The buds are forming nicely under the HPS:

Plant 5:
DSCF2212.jpg

Plant 1:
DSCF2213.jpg

Plant 3:
DSCF2214.jpg

Plant 4:
DSCF2215.jpg

DSCF2216.jpg

R

RickyRicardo

Week 4

Starting week 4, the plants a budding nicely but they are not the greatest looking plants I have grown.

Maybe week genetics or not enough feeding earlier on. Will test the rest of the seeds on a higher nute regimen for the next crop.

Some pics of buds:

Plant 5:
DSCF2320.jpg

Plant 1:
DSCF2322.jpg

Plant 3:
DSCF2323.jpg

Plant 4:
DSCF2324.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom