Blow or Suck ?

• Thread starter BiggerTom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

punkadc

i pull thru my filter, too...
i was just tryin to think outside the bun....errr...box...whatever!:)

G

Grandpa

I pull air through my lights on closed circuits through sealed rooms
im a fan of pulling air through my carbon filters as well

F

Fear

Yea my 2 inline fans pull through filter push through littes and push and suck into attic.

But personally I like a blow. Too bad only one a year for my birthday. Damn it.

You know why the bride has such a big grin on her wedding day?

Cause she knows she'll never have to give a blow job again. Hahaha lol.

Just a little laugh?

C

CrippledCrow

I was under the assumption that blowing hot air through the carbon filter will shorten the life of the carbon and/or stop the carbon from working do to the humidity wetting the carbon down?????

S

Simple Simon

I use my old carbon filter inside my grow chamber through sealed reflector in to fan out of chamber in to new carbon filter out in to house air. I use a can-fan high out put fan so I know it was designed to take the heat of a light. As far as humidity getting in to a carbon filter its going to get in there every time you water any way whether it gets blown or sucked through it hot or cold. The old filter in side of the chamber and before the reflector keeps a lot of dirt and dust particles out of the reflector and keeps the glass relatively clean. Any way thats the way Ive got my set up and it works good.------SS

G

Gizmoe

Warranty? then your covered burn it up LOL. But in the last 18 years of growing i can honestly say ive never pulled air ive always pushed it.

B

boxmunch9

carbon is heated to over 900 degrees so the heat from a grow room isnt going to effect it. even with high humidity a good carbon filter, ie mountain air, will last two years plus.

B

BiggerTom

carbon is heated to over 900 degrees so the heat from a grow room isnt going to effect it. even with high humidity a good carbon filter, ie mountain air, will last two years plus.
Yep, I've got a Mt Air filter, and an Elicent fan, so I am good on the quality of equipment. I changed my set-up to suck. We're still a bit hot for my ladies, but things are okay now, so I'm not messing with a thing.:fixed:

B

BiggerTom

...But personally I like a blow. Too bad only one a year for my birthday. Damn it.

You know why the bride has such a big grin on her wedding day?

Cause she knows she'll never have to give a blow job again. Hahaha lol.

Just a little laugh?
Yeah, Fear I worded my headline pretty much to leave that one open. I figured it would be a good way to get some attention to the thread.

I know my attention is piqued whenever I have the choice of a suck or blow.:party0022:

M

Mr Green

do any of you use a fantech fan??? was looking for some feed back on these..

A

addicted

Before I went sealed room I went like this...

Filter>Reflectors>Fan>OUT

Burning up my fan is the least of my worries! Vortex fans carry a 10year warranty anyway!!!

Z

zoeronerer

blow and suck....... if you are doing a multiple light room 4 or more lights ....i push and pull and only have 2 lights in a row ever......use speedsters to control each fan ....you build a plenum box or tube(running the length of the room on both sides ) that pulls out on one side in on another... you put an airflow control damper on each in and out of the box to regulate the flow in and out along with the speedsters... you insulate the out box to keep your heat rise down... to dial it in you go to each hood and connection with incense and make sure you have even pressure so no smell is sucked in that way you dont even have to tape the hoods and the whole thing dosent exchange any air or smell... you can do a 6 light system in parts from the hvac wholsale for 150$ or so.... it can handle any number of lights if dimensions are correct and fans are large enough....use elicent they are soooo quiet the big ones 10" and up the high output ones......never fails to keep it cool and quiet........ who wants to work inside of a jet engine .......oh and 8' of insulated ducting before and after the elicent cuts sound in half ...keep in mind every bend or kink kills mucho airflow....... thanks,mahalo. zoeski and this works great in a sealed or flow through room...

T

tripleb

This is not ideal in his situation as the carbon is in the room and this would allow any hole in the system to vent smelly air out of the grow room, negating the carbon.

Also, pulling through the lights can drastically reduce the life of the fan, as you are pulling heated air through the fan mech rather than just pulling the air from the heated room, which is far far cooler.

Cway / Biggertom, I personally think your small fan is doing nothing at all. If your ducting is all sealed then, if anything, it could be forcing the 800 fan to work harder. By removing the 300 I would be very suprised if the room got warmer, but I really think it will help reduce heat if you take that fan completely out of the equation. Don't just turn it off, but completely remove.
my feelings too ...now anyway lol, i had been sucking with a blough sumthin,900cfm thru 3 yeildmaster (6in),then i read only 2 when running 6in duct ,,now im blowing and supplying fresh air from another room ,another quick thought, some say shut fans down during co2 inrichment ,,surly NOT light fans,,,,,right ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom