Blowfish

• Thread starter Hazeman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Any updates? Any other crosses coming up with Blowfish as the Mom? Fugus are about to go into flower soon. Looks like I have a nice Sat dom female. :)

Zombo

Zombo

Yo Hazeman, how is this project progressing? Don't mean to be a bother, just wondering. Thanx in advance.

qper

qper

I would love some blowfish seeds. I have a pack of Fugu Kush which is as close as i've found. I also have a pack of Grape13, 2 packs of Mystery Girl and 4 packs of Hippie Headband. 12 plant H.H. grow is next but i'd sure love some Blowfish seeds.

Any idea when you might release some Blowfish seeds or are you planning on just using them to cross other strains with? If you need anyone to test......:D

S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow just went through my old seeds and found Blowfish guess i will check it out.

FireWithin

FireWithin

Haze I jus saw that Blowfish and others were added to your page at the tude and are not stocked yet but info is up, can u give us the drop date or a ballpark of the release day? Loving all u'r gear bro. Keep killn it!

qper

qper

I can't wait for these to be released. I saw them on the 'tude too along with some other interesting strains. Monkeyballs is another one i must have. Hippie Headband in flower.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The Blowfish I have at the moment doesn't look as much like the one Chickenman's...I have alot less leaves and the bud color is a deep brandy wine color, smells like a decent Merlot in the jars...killer long full colas outdoors but not so much indoors, more kushy or hashplanty with more golfball size nugs with the modes spread a little more...goin on the third year with this one in the stable and still kickin...not sure whos cut I have but I got it as a cut with a few other things awhile back..

Love this strain!!!

Tex

ghosRyder

ghosRyder

definitely pulling up my chair...:D hazeman I hope all is well.:!

C

CHEMsquared

This is a clone of blowfish we have had for many years here in COLO

Straits

Straits

Hi Hazeman,it's been quite some time since you replied here,around April or so,but yea I can see why,you have been a busy bee,with all them "new" strains,but I've got a question regarding this golden oldie Blowfish,is it Dutchflowers stock,since the seeds is regular,and if then the defination would be Blowfish f2 ehh.....!,still I havent heard of any pure or inbreed line....so I've hoped you could share a little info on these?!o_O
Thanks in advance,and congratulations with all the new releases. S.:D

qper

qper

2 packs finally on the way!! fingers are crossed things go well and their travels are safe. also got lemon stomper, elephant stomper, 88 G13 Hashplant and some strawberry cough for good measure. gonna be a while but ill post a grow report when i pop the beans

blis84

blis84

whats the genetics of the blowfish?

this is what i found on blowfish
Dutch Flowers - Blowfish

Breeder: Dutch Flowers Seeds
Lineage: (G13 X Oregon Funk) X (G13 X Blue Dot)

Breeders Description: Named after the deadly Japanese delicatessen, this breeding project begun when we set out to improve taste and yield two weak traits of the G-13 by using Oregon Funk as a pollen donor. The results were quite pleasing but the smoke test revealed that G-13's power had been downgraded somewhat. Then it was the turn of a very impressive Blue Dot hybrid stud, which qualified the G-13 with great taste and no harm to its potency, although this time yield was less than desired. Finally, we applied heavy selection to each of these two G-based lines, and crossed them giving rise to Blowfish, a winning combination of G-13's deadly punch and the quality and taste of the Funk and Dot lines.
Blowfish exhibits great F1 vigor and disease resistance in a well-behaved plant that avoids the undesirable traits of "blue" genetics (difficult to grow, brittle, leafy, poor calyx to leaf ratio) while maintaining the flavor of the Funk and Dot ancestors and the brain-warping power of the G-13. A prolific flower producer even under poor conditions (it actually prefers low nutrient levels), this low-maintenance strain bears wonderfully dense buds, with a thick coating of milky crystals that will rival the best of the "white" strains in both crystal coverage and brain-thumping quality, with much better flavor and yield. We are proud to offer a hybrid carrying no White Widow, Northern Lights, Skunk or Blueberry in its composition.

Parental selection focused on potency and yield, as taste and resin genes were already well fixed on the Funk and Dot lines. Outstanding ancestors infuse the plant with a high quality feel, evident in the glossy leaves, harmonious phenotype and the particularly frosted, heavy and aromatic buds. Blowfish tends to branch out while adding girth to flowering clusters, forming sizeable snowy colas for excellent yield. Despite the remarkable density of its bud structure, mold and mites have not been a problem. This fish likes plenty of water as well as appropriate root and growing space, but prefers low levels of nutrients to fully express its potential. Very well-suited for bubbler systems and SCROG styles.

Blowfish retained the breathless intensity of G-13, with much better yield and a unique taste of berries and motor grease with fuel undertones that will appeal to pot-snobs. The experienced puffer will recognize a rotten animal scent lurking in the background of this Puffer, a sign of the abiding sativa influence that was a common denominator in parental stock selection. Its buds smoke very smooth and clean, with a great berry taste and a hashy feel that relates to its impressive crystal coverage.

Known as Fugu in Japan, Blowfish flowers live up to its namesake as a lethal delicacy with a body-paralyzing yet heady cerebral effect that defies traditional "Indica" and "Sativa" classification. The plant's elegance stands in sharp contrast with the muscle and intensity of its buds, which stun the body but thrust the mind into a euphoric trippy experience with excellent visuals and duration. It does not seem to build tolerance with experienced smokers, maintaining its knock-out quality over repeated use.
Hey hazeman I have a couple of questions about 3 of your strains 1st the 88 g13/hp do u have any photos of this strain late in flower, also what was used in the grape 13 g13 bx2 I hear it was super silver haze is that correct also do u recommend outdoor or indoor. I also hear your escape strain used dr greenthumbs g13 is this true, also I have packs of blowfish, grape 13 and elephant stomper. What strain is a must have besides the 3 strains I have. I like indica leaning hybrids or pure indicas and I like tastey bud, either sour, lemon, grape favors, pretty much any floral or fruity flavor, any of the chem or diesel flavors. The top three things I look for are potency, taste, and yield in that order so what do you recommend out of the 88g13/hp, escape, xxx, double white cheese and what do you recommend overall that I don't have or didn't mention

spacebomb

spacebomb

lol:-) wow. what a ? coincidence eh.haha.pop em man and tell us all about them. :-)
space
Wow just went through my old seeds and found Blowfish guess i will check it out.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
wow. chunky. :) nice to see a decent pic.hows she to grow like bro?just got a pack last week:) happy happy.lol space.
No longer have the cut. Got cut from pre release seeds. Huge colas really not too chunky...

spacebomb

spacebomb

yeah thanks haze man.just got a second pack of blowfish so ive got spares and i got a half pack of ,white 88 g-13/hashplant:-)cheers man. whats this strain like ?ANYBODY? can you tell me what to expect? pls. happy tho.cheers
space.

spacebomb

spacebomb

i dare not even put mine up now:-) well as long as im happy.lol.i get a woody wbhen ij look at my lil collection. lol now ive seen yours tho guys all i can say is.wow.:-) some stuff id really like to try out there eh:-)

Top Bottom