Blown Bulb

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Just wanted to give you fellow farmers a bit of a heads up on a bulb problem I am currently having. I run 2k in flower one bulb being HPS and the other is a dual arc bulb HPS/MH bulb from Hilux:

Came home this morning to find that the dual arc had blown again overnight. This is the second time in 12 months this bulb has self-distructed, each bulb lasted about 6 months each. Goig back to the hydro store today to get a replacement as the bulb is under warranty.

The flower room is empty now so it's not a big deal as far as production goes but the fact remains that this bulb is not worth the price if it only lasts 6 months.

jj

Sendbinary
S

snake383

good looking out cuz...have yuo had any problems with the hps lamp, i was looking at these the other day but havent got one yet.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
good looking out cuz...have yuo had any problems with the hps lamp, i was looking at these the other day but havent got one yet.

Worms Way replaced the bulb, no issues at all. Picked up a 100L of hydroton as well. The HPS has never blown in the 10 months it's been running, fingers crossed. These 2 bulbs are switched every 35 days between a Sunleaves Luma and a Sunleaves Pulsar switchable 1k ballsts. Both bulbs run on HPS so there is no changing the ballasts every time bulbs are changed. The dual arc blew both times when it was fired by the Luma, not sure if there is a correlation there or not.

Only reason the bulb was fired was that I had torn the room down and cleaned it and was going through a 2 day dry run, it's running fine and closed back up till the young ones are ready for the lgiht.

jj

K

kansasgrown

I used to worry more about bulb burnout, but, since I have switched completely over to digital ballasts I do not worry about bulb burnout, no hotstarts and no major spikes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom