blub or ballast went out

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tattoojim

can some one tell me how to test a bulb and ballast? the ballast is buzzing but the bulb wont kick on. they were bought in like jan. there is no way this bulb is shot already(ultrasun 1000)

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
try turning the ballast off unplug whatever and let it sit for like 15 mins. soemtimes digis will do this if they are turned off and on to fast or to much. its like a cool down period

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
bulbs do fail - I have had them fail quicker then what you describe

T

tattoojim

thanks for stopping in guys ... motherlode this is the first time ive had a bulb fail, normaly they will still burn when i replace them. but they never see a ballast again. i break the glass and take out the element to sharpen knives and shears ect.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

thanks for stopping in guys ... motherlode this is the first time ive had a bulb fail, normaly they will still burn when i replace them. but they never see a ballast again. i break the glass and take out the element to sharpen knives and shears ect.

you do what now with bulbs you break?

its what kind of ballast?

what happened when it didn't work?

more info might help.... but you could always just take it back to the store...

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I always keep an old bulb or 2 around just in case one goes out - then at least I can make sure its not the ballast and have light til I can get a new bulb

I change my bulbs every 2 harvests

Rushoe

Rushoe

I had the same issue not to long ago the dwp cut off my power once due to street maintenance and the ballast would keep making the buzzing sound replaced the bulb and worked!!!!!!!Good look and if you have the money its great to have a stand by bulb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom