Blue Dream info needed

• Thread starter Fuzzylodgic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzylodgic

Fuzzylodgic

So this is my first grow and I think it's doing pretty well. I'm just a bit confused on when to pull the trigger to start flushing and then harvest.

The seed breeder recommends 9-10weeks for flower, do I follow this guideline or should I continue to watch trichome development to establish when to harvest? Should I wait to see the first change from cloudy to amber or chop before?

My reason behind these questions is I'm trying to push my crop till the last minute to optimize bud development and get max weight and potency. As a new grower I still need to figure out this balancing act and the fine line. I'd like to have the best of all worlds but I know there must be some kinda sacrifice.

The first signs of budz was on the 9th of December so the been in flower for 7weeks currently

Watching the trichomes I've kinda got it in my mind that as soon as I see the first change from cloudy to amber I should flush for 5 days and then chop? How long does it give me once I see the first trichomes change amber before my harvest will be a couch lock budz?

Plants are grown in soil mix and feeding General hydroponics flora series.
Screenshot 20200122 194506
IMG 20200122 195815
IMG 20200122 195821
IMG 20200122 195905
IMG 20200122 195854

First pick 9th Dec

Other picks Today.

Nugg

Nugg

Watch trichs...I wait for cloudy,then I run just straight well water for last 10 days... mine take about 10 days to go from cloudy to 10% Amber... don't forget about the transition period..they don't count that as a flower week..so you'll need to add 7-10 days to you day count...

Fuzzylodgic

Fuzzylodgic

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Would you concider the transition period the first Pic?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No need to check trichomes until all those thick white pistils have died back. Thats when the buds expand. When they stop growing bigger. Then check for cloudy trichomes.

Breeder rec times are meaningless. A seed plant is done when its done. Every grow can be different.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also only check trichs on the calyx directly not the bud leaves. They can degrade much earlier.

Top Bottom