blue dream, more like a blue nightmare

• Thread starter Jimmy Smash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jimmy Smash

hey all,

i got this bluedream clone from a clinic, along with an og kush and trainwreck. they all started to auto-flower already for some reason. i also have seeds going as well. i have them outside in socal. they are in 1 gallon pots and fading fast. they are in e b stone organic soil and i transplanted them into some super soil, which i got from this site. i water with tap water that sits out for 3 days. i do not have a ph meter, but i live in LA county. i sometimes give them B1. all my others are doing well.

my og kush clone looks fine, but my blue dream and trainwreck are yellowing.

why? :sweating

i used garden lime (espoma) in pebble form.. should i have crushed them up?
IMAG0507.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

can someone help!!

J

Jalisco Kid

How long did you expect to veg them this time of year?
Most pH reading i remember up there was between 7.4 and 8.2 pH.

Looks like you are over watering them, Pop them out of their container and feel them. JK

Onespark

Onespark

Yep they won't be doing the veg thing this time of year. They are prob not auto flowering, just flowering. Unless things are different with the sun and seasons where you are in Cali.

It does look like over watering to me also. Looks to be locking out a bit too so I wonder if your PH is high? Our municipal water system uses chloromide in place of chlorine so it does not evaporate off. Bad for bennies. Look up what is in your water. Try flushing them after they dry out with plain water. Make sure you get a good bit of runoff. Next, try to cycle them so that you feed only when they have nothing left. They should snap right out of that. They look like they could have used a another week or two of 18+ hours of light too (Doesn't help I know). Sometimes when a plant gets root bound I have seen this type of thing start happening. Like JK said, pull them out and investigate the root and soil scene. Big healthy roots are a key to great buds. Hope it helps

J

Jimmy Smash

thanks guys for the fast response,

it did rain here the other day. i have some seed grown plants and they are sitting right next to the sick ones outside. they are in the same soil and use the same water, they seem to be ok and are still veging quickly. i thought that they would start to flower in mid october? i really hope so cuz i am trying to LST them and i would really like to make the full circle aroung the pot.

can i pop them out of the pot if they are moist, or do i need to wait for them to dry a little? should i get a moister meter for 10 bucks, cuz i use the finger method of 2 inches dry from the top.

thanks

IMAG05001.jpg

E

Elite Nugs

Its already flowering time here in southern California. I have plants outside that will already be done in one week. Then others that still have about a month to go. Flowering time usually ends by October. October is when the light cycle falls to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark, but most plants flowering under 13 hours of light. Some will even do 14 and 15 hours a light each day and flower. So If you want to get some time in to LST before they start flowering, you need to take them inside every day and give them extra light when its dark outside, so they get a nice 18 hours of light each day, required to veg. Or you can put in a really bright porch light, like I've done in the past and either set it on a timer, or remember to turn it on everyday when the sun goes down. It will keep your plants from flowering.

Then make sure to get a PH meter. If you using tap water, then your PH is too high and your locking out just about every nutrient. Your plant is struggling to stay alive right now because it cant uptake any food because of your ph being too high. Go to the hydro store and get the $15 PH Drops to measure your PH. The General Hydroponics liquid drops, even come with small bottles of PH up and PH down, so you can adjust your PH to its sweet spot of around 6.5.

Also try using store bought water. With that tap water, your just killing off all the good beneficial bacteria that was probably in that soil when you first got it. Lay off the tap water and use store bought so your good super soil can come back to life.

J

Jimmy Smash

thanks elite nugs,

thats a great idea, i ll put them under a light out back. and i will use RO water only. i got one under the sink, but it takes forever to fill a bucket.

when is the latest date i can veg them to? can i use the 99 cent PH tester for my swimming pool? same thing right? how big should the off shoots be before the flip?

JS

E

Elite Nugs

thanks elite nugs,

thats a great idea, i ll put them under a light out back. and i will use RO water only. i got one under the sink, but it takes forever to fill a bucket.

when is the latest date i can veg them to? can i use the 99 cent PH tester for my swimming pool? same thing right? how big should the off shoots be before the flip?

JS

Just get a few 5 gallon containers and fill them up in front of the grocery store. Most of them have the water dispensers out front.

You can veg them for as long as you want. There is not cut off time, but every day that passes we're loosing light. And with less light, you'll get smaller yields. So the sooner the better. It will also start to get cold and rain, which cannabis doesnt like much. And rain will pull your plant down and possibly break branches. So the sooner the better.

No... dont use a 99 cent pol ph tester. If your on a budget, just get the General Hydroponic PH tester that come with a small bottle of PH up and PH down. I think its about $15. The liquid drop tester by itself is around $5 bucks. Just buy that.

Im not sure what an off shoot is. But since your pressed for time and growing outdoors, I wouldnt waste your time trying to LST the plant. LST is more for indoor growing, when your trying to get the most out of the light you have. When dealing with the sun outdoors.... just let the plant do its thing. I would Veg is for a couple weeks though, to let it get some more growth. But dont waste your time on the LSTing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom