Blue Dream SCRoG

• Thread starter Abob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

I disagree, I have run BD for a year solid. I have pruned at end of week 2 and end of week 3. Definitely end of 2 is better. You are right in thinking that you will waste flowering energy by pruning off young flowers. You will be doing this on day 20. Get the vast majority of pruning done by day 14 and the clones will be fine. BTW when I cloned the BD on day 20, they rooted fine but took weeks to revert. THey kept on flowering in the plugs before they even had roots! I ended up tossing them out.

i wouldnt actually try to keep the cuts either

i would however prune anything under the canopy when need be . its gonna get dense up there and any flower under that canopy aint gonna get light

the BD has plenty of vigor and youre not gonna set it back energy wise by cutting theses tiny bottom buds

T

tomsawyer

the BD has plenty of vigor and youre not gonna set it back energy wise by cutting theses tiny bottom buds

Actually one reason i love the BD is the bottom nugs that are left after I prune stuff out are usually pretty decent. Even with low light they are not Larfy at all. Another reason this strain is the shit and I will keep running it.

420Gator

420Gator

Actually one reason i love the BD is the bottom nugs that are left after I prune stuff out are usually pretty decent. Even with low light they are not Larfy at all. Another reason this strain is the shit and I will keep running it.

agreed on that point, blue dream is the fuckin shit and even the bottom buds turn out ok...

.....still, if hes gonna leave the bottom buds theres no point in having that screen up

A

Abob

I will clean up the lower growth a little at a time. I do want the energy directed above the screen where the light is. I'm glad you farmers have run this strain. How about the Master Kush, it looks like its going to have a good experience with the SCRoG conditions. They aren't as thirsty as the BD. I think they are settling and slowing down for their bloom . Where the Blue Dream just isn't ready even though their flowering like crazy, they are still stretching and flowering.
Have you run the MK ? If so what can I do to help them along?
Tom and Gator I appreciate the commentary and the help.
Thanks, Abob

T

tomsawyer

MK? Besides the demand on the market and good smoke: shitty strain, low yield, susceptible to PM and other problems. not a good strain to pair with BD.

Og would be a better match, or better yet, Headband and Sour Diesel grow very similarly to Blue Dream.

Sorry not sure how to help on this run. Hopefully you have them on separate lights so you can change the level. The Screen will help keep the BD down low. Pull the MK's away from the BD and give the BD some room to lay down. Then the MKs can grow up more vertical and end up at the same height. As for feeding, just find a middle ground.

A

Abob

Yes Tomsawyer, Both Stains are under their own 600W's. I have them in a 4'x8'x6'-10" grow tent, they occupy their own 36"x42" screens. The Master Kush's screen is 8" above top of dirt and the BD is 16" above top of dirt. The BD screen is higher because of it reputation for stretching. I could only guess how it was going to fill in and now I'm seeing it first hand. I may have to install a second screen? will have to see how it goes from here. Flowers are filling in nicely on both strains.
My last grow was out doors, it consisted of Trainwreck, Purple Irkel, and OG Kush. Had problems with mold on the OG. Buds where so tight and the moisture in the air was so foggy. I could see growing the OG as a SOG. The Irkel was fantastic and so was the Trainwreck. This round I needed to get something growing and my medicine shop had the DB and MK cloned and ready so I went with it. So far, so good. I'm happy with both we will have to see how it goes.
I want to thank both you, Gator, and JK for the info it helps, So thanks Again, Abob
Tom there are some photo's in the gallery (SCRoG), check it out let me know what you think.

A

Abob

I trimmed and took clones from the below the screen. Did nor seem to stress the plants. The clones are all in flower, will see how they respond.
I did notice the very tips of the leaves on the Master Kush are starting to curl up ward. Not a bunch, but enough to notice and to post here for some advice. The color is good but the tips are starting to curl upward. Please advise. Abob

420Gator

420Gator

post up some pics in the Cannabis Infirmary, everythings lookin good as far as the pics in your gallery

A

Abob

Gator, took pictures and posted them in my gallery "Bloom Day 17", but for got to take a picture of the leaf curl. I'm out of town for a couple days, but upon return I will zoom in on those leaves that I have concern about.
Other than that, I'm not weaving any more, just maintaining a good environment for the girls.

T

tomsawyer

Typically, leaf curl is over fert. I actually like to see this a little bit cuz then I know where I'm at and can back off just enough. Now you know what they can handle and pump nutes into them.

T

tomsawyer

Just checked out your gallery, looking good.
From the top view, the leaved look a little crowded to me. I usually like to have more airflow around the tops by taking out fan leaves. (Blue Dream only). This is because I'm in a PM climate so if you're not then you'r probably fine. But I do like getting more light down to more buds below.

If you have to lay another screen, try suspending your pvc frame from the ceiling with those light ratchet hangers. Works awesome!! Adjustable and it even sways a little with the fan. I love it and have converted a few friends to this method.

A

Abob

I took a good picture of the leaf curl I was speaking about. If this is a indication they are at their max on the ferts then that is really cool they are letting me know. Thanks for the heads up.

IMG 1486
B

bdawg22

Just checked out your gallery, looking good.
From the top view, the leaved look a little crowded to me. I usually like to have more airflow around the tops by taking out fan leaves. (Blue Dream only). This is because I'm in a PM climate so if you're not then you'r probably fine. But I do like getting more light down to more buds below.

If you have to lay another screen, try suspending your pvc frame from the ceiling with those light ratchet hangers. Works awesome!! Adjustable and it even sways a little with the fan. I love it and have converted a few friends to this method.

do you have pictures of what that looks like? Sounds like a good idea.

A

Abob

Tried to post the photo of the leaf curl to the cannabis infirmary, it took the entire thread, didn't mean that to happen. Oh well
I would love to confirm Tomsawyer's fert indicator from the plant to the gardener.

soaringfast

soaringfast

I checked some pics out in your gallery. The first thing I noticed was the fan blowing up into the canopy. This may be the reason for the leaf curl.
Just a observation.

Best

A

Abob

Thanks soaringfast, I will be moving the fan closest to the problem. I will see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the assessment, Abob

420Gator

420Gator

how are things going abob?

post some pics for us

how are those cuttings lookin?

A

Abob

First SCRoG Bloom Day #33

Thanks Gator for inquiring, here is whats been going on.
Raising up the lights gradually, 3 quarts of liquid every 48 to 60 hours Feed, Water, Feed, Water, bringing down the temps gradually (2 Degrees wk), will lower the ferts in 2 more weeks. I had loc-out do to not checking the PH of the run off, it was way to hot, made the adjustment, but I still over verted them on their last feeding. I could kick myself. They are still looking good.
Here are some pics. Comments are totally welcome. the more info the better the mofo' Thanks Abob

IMG 1431
IMG 1435
IMG 1427
IMG 1430
IMG 1434
IMG 1438
420Gator

420Gator

its lookin pretty dense in there thats for sure

how long u runnin those dreams again?

add two weeks to whatever u say, i promise you will make the ladies happy, and they will no doubt return the favor

A

Abob

Gator I have heard all kinds of conflicting lengths of time to flower the Blue Dreams. I am going 8 weeks and from there I will monitor the trichomes. Don't know possible 2-3 weeks additional its up to the them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom