blue flame heaters

• Thread starter kindindy123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kindindy123

hey guys,I was wondering if any one else needs a heater in the winter,but i sure do.i have bought a blue flame propane heater,because electric heaters use more than whole set-up,so i thought i would give one a try,also this heater will prduce c02. has any one else ever use this method???? thanks kind indy

P

ProGroWannabe

I think one reason for their lack of popularity with growers is that they give off light in the grow room. I'd love to run propane heater in my attic, but I haven't thought of a way to block out the light, and still get the heat---SAFELY.....?

F

foreverherb

Just face the light side towards a black wall but not to close so it burns it and it should be ok. Its only a little flame! They don't really give light off well mine doesn't just glows red.

F

Finalopagus

How big is your grow space and work space. I would, if room permits, get another light/flower room. When one light is on vent into the dark other room and vice versa.

Proper combustion of propane does give off CO2 and water, but not to get you up to 1500ppm (maybe 500ppm?).

Two things:
incomplete combustion of propane produces CO and in an unvented area will KILL you

propane goes boom and boom KILLS you

Top Bottom