Blue Lab EC Pen or Truncheon Meter....Which One!?

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey Farmers, I wasn't sure where to post this thread, but since EC meters and pens are used for 'nutrient and fertilizer' solutions, it seemed to fit.

Ok, so I'm gonna buy an EC/ppm meter today and I want to get a BlueLab, unless someone has a better recommendation?? Anyways, there Truncheon meter/wand is about $100 and there EC pen is $80. Now they both measure EC and ppm so which one should I get?? Is one known to be better then the other??

Just tell me your experience with these products and what you recommend, thanks in advance to all you helpful Farmers, peace.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Also, the Hanna EC/ppm pen was $88, so should I consider getting the Hanna pen instead?? I've never used any EC/ppm equipment so I just wanna get the one that will cause me less issues out of the three choices.

Blue Lab EC/ppm pen
Blue Lab Truncheon EC/ppm meter/wand
Hanna EC/ppm pen

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Stick with the blue lab ec/ppm pen - good shit

I have a combo meter and love it

K

kushtrees

Truncheon for sure. remember ppms are just estimated based on EC. No matter what u get you are measuring the EC, not the actual TDS. Truncheons are great I have mine for 3 years still very accurate and you can easily see EC and both the 500 and 700 scale. Tho once u start to rely on EC you won't pay attention to ppms and you will start wishing people talked about nutes in EC instead of ppms also

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Im bout to go on ebay very soon and place my order.

So 1 for the EC pen and 2 for the Truncheon EC meter.

Anybody else got any advice?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Just paid for it :) I should have it in about a week. Honestly, I can't fucking wait!! :D

Thanks for all your help guys, I wasn't sure in the beginning, but now I'm positive I've made the correct buy, there are too many good reviews about those truncheon meters.

jkbeing

jkbeing

I've had this for 3 years now... I will always have one on standby. Since I know my nutes put me in pH range, I've only been relying on this. I planned on ordering two new, More expensive pens on Friday.
HM digital

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

i would also like to drop ppm for ec, makes more universal sense.

Thats one reason why I bought the Truncheon meter, it shows EC and both .5/.7 ppm conversions. I agree, EC is easier and more accurate.

I've never checked my EC because I grew in soil with mostly organic nutes and I fed light then I would go by what the plants told me and I never had major issues. I'm growing in a soilless mix with synthetic salts and I'm having issues, but if I knew what the EC was going in and coming out I could of fixed it along time ago. Also, my next run I'm using coco/perlite (1st time coco user) so I really need to keep the EC in check.

jkbeing

jkbeing

In soil I could get the looks and yeild I wanted, but It never was the best smoke. In coco, I have got some great smoke, that looks awesome, plus super cheap and easy to clean. I feed, feed,feed in coco. Some feedings are weak, but at least 400ppm.

Top Bottom