Blue lights ok during flowering at night?

• Thread starter williamlee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

williamlee

Hello all,

Just as the title requests, any thoughts on leaving the blue spectrum during flowering during the dark cycle.

I know a bit doesn't hurt during the light cycle, but what about during the dark cycle? We certainly wouldn't like to produce tranny plants.

Would the blue light effect the overall night and day schedule for the whole plant or would the increase of red during for 12+ hours induce only flowering?

With the ability to play with lighting spectrums we can manipulate the plants to continue to grow at different levels.

Been looking for answers or someone with some thoughts or ideas and hoping to find some.

Thanks in advance for any positive feedback,

BL

T

themeangreen

I was just reading about this the other day. and apparently it will continue to grow vegetatively but will show its sex if you give blue light during the dark so useful if you dont clone and dont know if its male or female. im not sure though about doing all throughout the flowering period.

Z

Zombee

I'd probably opt for darkness. Do cannabis plants get deep blue spectral light for 12 hours a day? I know we can optimize things nowadays, but I think during flowering, any light would be detrimental to the plant.

Good luck!

O

oldnug

green night light! a green light is the only color that will not disrupt the plants night cycle. some grow manufacturers sell them. i've seen one for $15.

FYI.. blue light will trick the plant into thinking its summer time and will resort to vegging. If you're flowering and a plants 12 hours of darkness is disrupted with light, eventually it will stress out produce seeds.

Z

Zombee

green night light! a green light is the only color that will not disrupt the plants night cycle. some grow manufacturers sell them. i've seen one for $15.

FYI.. blue light will trick the plant into thinking its summer time and will resort to vegging. If you're flowering and a plants 12 hours of darkness is disrupted with light, eventually it will stress out produce seeds.

Yeah, thanks for that oldnug - I knew that too; I think the OP was asking if there was any effect, detrimental or otherwise to running that blue spectum during "night", not so much having lighting that wouldn't disturb the cycle.

Funny, my plants won't get bothered by green, but my eyes stay dark adapted with red. Isn't nature neat?

:harvest:

Latest posts

Top Bottom