Blue Magoo(hybrids) cross pollination project

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I'm all set to pop 5 of my professionally made Blue Magoo x Hyper Cherry Pie hybrid regular seeds. Out of numerous grows, I've never grown a single seed EVER let alone a couple of branches of them. This is so exciting for me. I had never bought seeds legit before. I always had to find them in bags of weed before now. A beautiful family of ten seeds in a ziplock bag. Love em.

I'll be using a 2'x3'x5' tent and also a smaller 2'x19"x19" lattice box I'm constructing to mature a single male with. ScrOGing is my main LST technique. Light is a 1500w COB LED full spectrum panel(250 true watts) and x4 cfl bulbs of varying strength for the seperate males. Roots Organic is always what I use as my soil medium because well...... it just works.

The strain variety is really what makes this interesting. Other plants in the project will include a large 2 Scoops male(which will be moved to the smaller box) and a seedling from a mysterious blueberry scented strain of quality smoke from a dealer friend (though weed is perfectly legal here). The discontinuation of my previous diary due to gender reasons is to simply rename the title and start anew.

10 seeds.jpg
Scrog1
5 seeds.jpg

Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

As long as we can mind a degree of confidentiality, I'd like to thank Reno Genetics for their donation of the seeds. Very generous and on time I might add :) Also nothing was mentioned of the expensive yet peculiar shipping cost lol. That's ALOT for just seeds.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

As long as we can mind a degree of confidentiality, I'd like to thank Reno Genetics for their donation of the seeds. Very generous and on time I might add :) Also nothing was mentioned of the expensive yet peculiar shipping cost lol. That's ALOT for just seeds.

View attachment 950391
Kind of similar experience: I shipped a payment for some genetics recently and the postman was like, "Nice price on that shipping, huh?". At first, I was confused and responded with a friendly, "yes everything ships so quickly AND cheap these days". It took like 5 minutes of the guy looking at me with wide eyes and then looking back and forth between the price on the label and back at me for me to figure out that he was referring to the price being $4.20 haha. We both had a good laugh about that shit. He had to be in his late 60s. Nice guy for sure haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Srenots

Srenots

Kind of similar experience: I shipped a payment for some genetics recently and the postman was like, "Nice price on that shipping, huh?". At first, I was confused and responded with a friendly, "yes everything ships so quickly AND cheap these days". It took like 5 minutes of the guy looking at me with wide eyes and then looking back and forth between the price on the label and back at me for me to figure out that he was referring to the price being $4.20 haha. We both had a good laugh about that shit. He had to be in his late 60s. Nice guy for sure haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Rite on...hell, he might have the RK Skunk on deck... never know till u swap clones/seed bro....gifted as usual runs smooth

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

This is not too bad for my skill level. Walls reinforced with angled strut supports and lined with mylar which I spray painted white to trap light. What is it? No, not a warming chamber for 20 pizzas. I call it a male box. Watju no bout dat?

Male Box

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

the search never ends when u no what ur lookin for brother~ and along the way ur gonna find alot of killer strains as well~the Mighty Weed rocks
That's going to be the fun part. Because I'm searching for the perfect genetics with limited space, I hesitate to say that a few of these plants are disposable. Only the strongest may survive.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I'm going to need take a few soil clones of my 2 Scoops plant and dispose of the rest. Compared to the size of the male box, the plant is humongous.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Whew! I sure do love when things need to be done with great haste. I need these clones to quickly take root so I can flower them and take their polen to make more space.
IMG 20200314 145012
IMG 20200314 145003

Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

gonna be a while....all good
Bro i think i killed them already. I forgot to put in the fan for about 30 mins. I can still take more clippings but it would probably be a good idea to use the tent to nurse them anyway. Much cooler in there I just need to remove the bulk of the plant.

mancorn

mancorn

Bro i think i killed them already. I forgot to put in the fan for about 30 mins. I can still take more clippings but it would probably be a good idea to use the tent to nurse them anyway. Much cooler in there I just need to remove the bulk of the plant.
Can you grow your male(s) outside? Looks like you got some yard space. If small, they're fairly unobtrusive (and you don't really care if they start prematurely "flowering").

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Took some more clones. I hope I got them right using water and a cooler environment. The rest of the 2 Scoops is in the shed and the Blue Magoos now have space in which to friendly takeover. For now it's just clones and the mystery blueberry strain which I will now call mystery b. I need to install a more powerful fan in the male box.
IMG 20200315 110950
IMG 20200315 110611

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom