Blue Widow, smartpot and hempy

• Thread starter phenotyper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phenotyper

phenotyper

This is a blue widow in a 5 gallon smart pot. On the transplant into the 5 gallon she got:

FFOF, FFLW, FF Chunky Perlite (~1.5:1:1), 2 tsp high p guano, 2 tsp bone meal, 1 tsp azomite, 1 tbsp lime, 2 tsp humic acid, 4 cups EWC, mycorrhizae.

She is pictured under a 600w light, the only one in this tent. I was between runs without clones, so I just ran her after I pinched and stretched her out a ton. While this isn't a SCroG, I think she has the capability to be a major yielder. These pictures are taken at about 45 days. She still has about a week left, but I may let it go 10 days. The trichomes are mostly cloudy, meaning she isn't far off from the breeder description of 50-55 days.

The pheno I have seems to be a 50/50 white widow blueberry cross. She is resinous, color changing, and has an acrid blueberry aroma to her right now. The nuggests are rock solid and frosty. I tried a small bit last night, but it was an uncontrolled test (that's what a bunch of bubba kush and too much whiskey will do).

DSC_9125.jpg
DSC_9123.jpg
DSC_9119.jpg
DSC_9128.jpg

Onto hempy buckets!

But first, a look at the 3 paper raw joint I rolled for a birthday party. Bubba kush and green crack.

DSC_9130.jpg

I have run hempy buckets in the past, mostly with perlite/vermiculite and some lava rocks. However, since switching to organics, I decided to try my hand at some organic hempy farming.

Right now I have a blue widow plant that is about 16" tall. I have been pinching and bending her in order to get some longer stems started for scrogging it. The plant appears to yield well, given my current experiment with a 5 gallon smartpot and a blue widow.

I poke multiple holes at the bottom at the same height to encourage even drainage. I also shoved a waterfarm tubing pipe directly into the bottom to get some oxygen to the roots.

For this try, I mixed all this into a 5 gallon bucket:

4 Gallons FF Chunky Perlite
5 Cups EWC
.75 gallon Light Warrior
2 tbsp alfalfa meal
2 tbsp crab meal
1 tsp kelp meal
1 tsp dolomite lime
1/4 cup soft rock phosphate

She also got hit with EM1, Liquid Karma, and Hygrozyme.

She's about 2 weeks into the transplant and growing like a champ.

DSC_9132.jpg

Blaze

Blaze

Nice, I have not seen the Blue Widow in days. She was one of the first plants I ever grew, always has a special place in my heart hehe...

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Oh you know I'm subbed to this :bong2: So is the pipe passive to get more O2 to roots or do you randomly hook up a pump ? I like that

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
She looks great man!
As for the male flowers I mentioned seeing in mine, I'd guess it was from the lower outdoor temperatures, because I don't recall having the same problem inside.
Mine smells nothing of blueberries though- burnt rubber mostly, with some minor floral undertones. Are your genetics from Dinafem?

phenotyper

phenotyper

Yep, they are from Dinafem. I find the smell to be changing a bit daily, but mostly I associate it with a fruity, acrid blueberry smell right now. Should get to sample her in just a few weeks! I love this plant's structure and bud density/size. I only hope she packs a reasonable amount of potency.

I've been pretty impressed with dinafem's gear. I've got an industrial plant in flower right now (their northern lights), and a few critical jacks on deck. Hopefully I will find a keeper or two.

I'll get in there with a wide angle lens tonight and show the full plant in all of its glory. It is starting to purple hardcore, and the nugs have been rock solid for weeks.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Oh you know I'm subbed to this :bong2: So is the pipe passive to get more O2 to roots or do you randomly hook up a pump ? I like that

Passive. It also allows me to use a dipstick to check the water level at the bottom of the hempy bucket.

phenotyper

phenotyper

How about a wide angle shot?

Starting to pack on the weight and really change color. Thinking about a weekend harvest, making it 57-58 days.

DSC_9142.jpg

DSC_9141.jpg

phenotyper

phenotyper

I'm going to keep posting pictures until more people comment

::crickets::

I'm just going to keep posting awesome pictures until people pop in and say hello. Then I'll post more.

DSC_9149.jpg
DSC_9158.jpg
DSC_9148.jpg
DSC_9146.jpg

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Photos are stunning!
She really looks great- and I don't think you'll have any problems in the potency department.

Love the wide angle tent shot by the way

phenotyper

phenotyper

Ohhaithere

Photos are stunning!
She really looks great- and I don't think you'll have any problems in the potency department.
Love the wide angle tent shot by the way

Thank you! Photography and cannabis are easy to combine :bong2:

Here are a couple more shots.

DSC_9144.jpg
DSC_9155.jpg

P

Purple Grapes

Are those dog hairs on the buds?

My dogs hair always manages a way to get into my bud.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Haha, nope, cat hair. I try try try to keep the room clean, but sometimes they manage to make it in there : )

kashif

kashif

wow....piece of beauty....wonderful plant....when are you think about harvesting it? or have you already done it??

phenotyper

phenotyper

Harvesting within the week! More shots and eventually bud shots to come. I don't disappoint.

619ster

619ster

Very nice!! My Blue Widow wasn't as impressive, but some damn good smoke. Is she a slow vegger for you? Only reason I didnt keep mine was it took forever to build it's size up. But flowering was great! Looking good mayn!

phenotyper

phenotyper

Very nice!! My Blue Widow wasn't as impressive, but some damn good smoke. Is she a slow vegger for you? Only reason I didnt keep mine was it took forever to build it's size up. But flowering was great! Looking good mayn!

A little slow to veg, but once I got it into a 5 gallon smart pot, it really blew up. It has probably tripled in size since flowering was induced and is a major yielder as far as I can tell. Dry weight numbers perhaps next week.

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Wow pheno that's a beaut! a real showboat you got going there. Nice work w/ your shots, too. Good eye. Have never grown Blue Widow, but it looks very compelling. Looking forward to seeing it to the end and getting your take on the smoke. Thanks.

Top Bottom