Blueberries And Purple Afghans

• Thread starter crimsonecho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Very nice flood and drain pot in a bigger size.

Never used flood and drain pots so i can’t compare. If you are talking about netpots, yeah they do look similar i think but with this one, on the inside, there are pathways for roots which supposedly makes it even better than just an aerated pot. It is patented and all. Don’t really know if they truly work or not but we’ll see. Anyway, i like them.

chemistry

chemistry

The pots look like they're meant to force the roots down, almost directional towards the feed, as opposed roots coming out the side of the pot. In soil or coco I like the roots to come out the side, in DWC and flood and drain I like the roots to come out the bottom. Do they come in bigger sizes, like a 3ltr? I think they could catch on.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
The pots look like they're meant to force the roots down, almost directional towards the feed, as opposed roots coming out the side of the pot. In soil or coco I like the roots to come out the side, in DWC and flood and drain I like the roots to come out the bottom. Do they come in bigger sizes, like a 3ltr? I think they could catch on.

Yeah thats supposed to be the deal i guess. I’m using it for the clones so they’ll get dry and i dont think i’ll see the full benefits of the design probably but in an ebb and flow like setup they should work as you said.
The biggest i think is 5.9 inches wide and about the same height and it gets narrower in the bottom like this one to about 4 inches. I think it is just around 2.5-3 litres.

chemistry

chemistry

Yeah thats supposed to be the deal i guess. I’m using it for the clones so they’ll get dry and i dont think i’ll see the full benefits of the design probably but in an ebb and flow like setup they should work as you said.
The biggest i think is 5.9 inches wide and about the same height and it gets narrower in the bottom like this one to about 4 inches. I think it is just around 2.5-3 litres.

2.5 is close enough for flood and drain. Do you have pix of the roots coming out the bottom of the pot?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I just realised where that faint purple hue of Blueberry #3 comes from. How fucking cool is this. This is getting crossed with PAK #1 for sure and the name is “crimson lily” :D
Maybe i’ll self it first and find an even better genotype with much more pronounced purple hues. But that takes too much space and no guarantees. Probably cross it and then hunt for the specific genetics amongst the offspring.. Well any breeder help would be appreciated because i want some personal strains so i can stop buying seeds and have my own special weed that i bred.

776CADF5 AFB3 4815 ABF3 74F09EC2F992
7F2E752D 255D 4702 AA35 8396F3169A6B

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Sound, just in the process of settting up a flood and drain grow for my next run, need some thing that can look after it's self while I grab some wealth.

It seems like they’ll grow out of the pot like this. Now they’ll probably die back as i leave them to dry but seems like if you flood and keep them moist them may grow out. I’ll post some updates as this moves along.

7CC7C5D5 4034 43FD B5B2 DAEAEB3F3461

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Man more i think about it, i get more and more excited about this pollen chucking experience. So i just dropped 3 blue kush from dinafem and 3 peyote cookies from barneys farm into water. Gonna flower them real quick in little plastic pots and see if there are any keepers in there too.
If i’m gonna breed something of my own its better to take advantage of all that i have.
I also have 5 critical plus seeds but i’m not very sure about them, they were freebies and from experience Dinafem shit have been pretty solid thus far so i don’t know, maybe i’ll pop them too.

Last edited:
Srenots

Srenots

Man more i think about it, i get more and more excited about this pollen chucking experience. So i just dropped 3 blue kush from dinafem and 3 peyote cookies from barneys farm into water. Gonna flower them real quick in little plastic pots and see if there are any keepers in there too.
If i’m gonna breed something of my own its better to take advantage of all that i have.
I also have 5 critical plus seeds but i’m not very sure about them, they were freebies and from experience Dinafem shit have been pretty solid thus far so i don’t know, maybe i’ll pop them too.
pop em ....see what happens, wont know till u try bro... good vibes sent ~

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
They all got transplanted into these pots and they seem happy.

15 days ago
A33A1A06 52FF 4B58 BB98 1EEC17BC50CF

Today
56A3E59B D4CB 4444 9DB1 45AFF0873ADC
AFEA910C E110 4DCC BBC8 977E5CB4DC28

I also moved them into the tent again. Floros are nice too but planted 3 blue kush and 3 peyote cookies after 24hrs of soak and 24 in paper towel and ime floros cause stretch when kept too high.

6 out of 6 cracked. Waiting for them to brake soil. I had 26/26 germ rate so far. Thats very cool imo. These are all from Dinafem. Some strains are from other breeders but still speaks well for the organization in general.

Also did my test test on PAK #1. One of the lower buds after 4 days hang dry. Very smooth and smells incredible. Still tastes a bit green but without any cure thats normal. The thing that suprised me is actually how amazing the smell was. They describe it as a pineapple smell on their site and it really is. Also very very smooth vapor. I have to do another test before i determine how the high is. I was already smoking Dinachem :)

2.5 is close enough for flood and drain. Do you have pix of the roots coming out the bottom of the pot?

0C0ABC6F F891 4975 B639 41A5BB5CF801

So far i have this pic dude.

chemistry

chemistry

They all got transplanted into these pots and they seem happy.

15 days ago
View attachment 855447

Today
View attachment 855443 View attachment 855445

I also moved them into the tent again. Floros are nice too but planted 3 blue kush and 3 peyote cookies after 24hrs of soak and 24 in paper towel and ime floros cause stretch when kept too high.

6 out of 6 cracked. Waiting for them to brake soil. I had 26/26 germ rate so far. Thats very cool imo. These are all from Dinafem. Some strains are from other breeders but still speaks well for the organization in general.

Also did my test test on PAK #1. One of the lower buds after 4 days hang dry. Very smooth and smells incredible. Still tastes a bit green but without any cure thats normal. The thing that suprised me is actually how amazing the smell was. They describe it as a pineapple smell on their site and it really is. Also very very smooth vapor. I have to do another test before i determine how the high is. I was already smoking Dinachem :)

View attachment 855444

So far i have this pic dude.

Pots are working well, they have serious potential. For cuttings in a flood n drain until they shoot roots, they're ideal, and not a lot of base of pot to hold water on the ebb. :cool:

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Oh these guys are ready i think. I just did a taste test with blueberry #3 too. 4 days hang dry. Still a bit moist in the middle. Lowest buds. Smooth vapor, sweet taste almost no green, good high considering no cure.

I just watered them before the taste test so in 2 days they’re coming down. Probably no dark period because i got tomatoes in there but there isn’t a foul taste or anything that could be attributed to starches or nutrients. I took the samples in mid day. So i’m okay with it.

5D6820E6 D391 4885 8638 681291F2A993

Last edited:
chemistry

chemistry

It’ll take a bit longer to arrive, new year and all but i’ll keep it posted. Maybe do a review if it peaks interest.

Yeah, do it. There are very few revelations in growing these days, but I like the look of these pots. The downside to flood and drain is that no matter how hard your try, your plant will sit in a wet patch some were in your pot, normally in the bottom where it meets the sides, this holds a lot of moisture, and this is why a lot of people suffer a lot of root rot, because the water just sits there in the bottom of the pot. These pots don't leave anything in the corners to drown roots, and that's a good thing.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Tester from PAK #2. This is a slightly different geno. While other 2 smells very pineappley this one has a distinct fuel smell to it. Mixed with a lavender like floral note. Also pineapple is present mixed with these. Which makes the smell somewhat sausage like :D it literally smells like smokey sausage and pineapples. Different for sure.
E82BEF61 F8B1 4139 B5CA A85D4D26C323

Top Bottom