Bluelab ph pen vs Milwaukee ph pen

• Thread starter Harp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harp

Harp

Both pens are brand spanking new and just calibrated.
One pen reads 5.3 and the other reads 6.3 in the exact same solution.
Bluelab ph pen vs milwaukee ph pen
Bluelab ph pen vs milwaukee ph pen 2

Im really confused here guys??

Power OG

Power OG

What solution are you in? One of your meters is off and needs to be adjusted
Respect

Harp

Harp

Well I calibrated them both with 7.0 and 4.0 and then got to work. The solution is RO water and 1/2 calmag per gal. thats it.

Pisces

Pisces

So when you calibrated each of the pens….. they both read 7.0 in the 7.0 solution and 4.0 in the 4.0 solutions?

And then when you place them into the RO with calmag your getting different readings from them?

Harp

Harp

I got the Bluelab probe care kit. I let the bluelab pen sit in the KCI storage solution for 24 hours before its first use as instructed. then I calibrated them both in Bluelabs 7.0 & 4.0 solution.

Harp

Harp

So when you calibrated each of the pens….. they both read 7.0 in the 7.0 solution and 4.0 in the 4.0 solutions?

And then when you place them into the RO with calmag your getting different readings from them?

exactly the same reading when calibrated

way2green

way2green

Go buy those cheap disposable strips. Use 2-3 of those to figure out which one is accurate. Then, I would try to figure out what went wrong. I always keep a box of disposable strips. Of course, I am always fucked up so I will miscalibrate in a nano second. KISS. Always

Pisces

Pisces

Wow…. thats crazy.

If bought locally, I'd def. take them both back and share your experience with them.

And ask if they happen to have a Calibrated PH pen handy in their store so you can compare yours from theirs.

I have been using my Blue Lab combo for nearly 4 years now and it is still on point.

Harp

Harp

in the first pic,the yellow pen is barely in the water.you must put it into the water to that line on it and move it around a bit to get an accurate reading. i dunk mine a few times first then hold still and turn on the button and read.
also the bluelab probably has temp compensation and will give slightly dif readings based on water temps,milw does not

Ya I tried everything before askin. I let them both sit for 15 min to see if it changes. calibrated again and lettem sit for another 15 and the same thing is happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom