Bluelab PH & PPM issue 4/13

• Thread starter Theoneandonly Z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

not sure if this thread fits the forum topic, just couldnt find a place to post. Move if necessary.
Z

Just throwing up some caution to farmers:
Bluelab has switched a couple components recently on their handheld PENS (PH&PPM).
The PH probe has been replaced by a different manufacturer (from what ive heard) and a good % of the probes are faulty. failing within a couple of weeks.
The PPM pen has some issues as well. ive heard the readings arent consistent and some will not read at all.

This problems are only affecting recent manufactured bluelab pens - within the last 2-3 months. So dont freak if your a bluelab owner like myself. Your hydro store should be able to replace faulty pens. Bluelab is aware of the problem and are working on a fix. This is also resulting in a nice little back order.

Just a little warning to those who are looking to buy new meters or to those whom have purchased one recently.

No disrespect towards Bluelab, for i am a fan and will still use their products before any other meter manufactures.
Z

Cort

Cort

1 Year 4 months is how long it took me to kill a bluelab ph pen, and its replacement due to unspecified failure, most likely the probe.
1 year 2 months is how long it took me to drop and kill my Milwaukee cheapo pen.

What do you think I am using right now?
Hint: it didnt cost me 80 bucks.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Yep can't go wrong with the cheapo Milwaukee pens
I have the $30 one and its going 2 years strong
Just gotta make sure to recalibrate every few weeks

Kushwick

Kushwick

I have 2 of the milwaulkee pens and both been calibrated same time. 1 still reads higher than the other:?
A whole point at that so I'm looking for a new meter and blue lab was the option. The combo meter.

Cort

Cort

In chow I can live with a 0.1 variance. I swing my ph a little anyways. If I was rdwc or something that needed to stay exact I might look at the oakton a bit closer. A buddy has one he swears by.

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
i hate those pens. I bought 3 pairs and most of the are broken now.
the hanna combo meter with the remote lead is the best handheld meter ive found.
03 5528A

Latest posts

Top Bottom