Bluelab pulse any opinions for Coco grow?

• Thread starter Tracyfri
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Anyone using the blue lab pulse for Coco? I'm thinking about it so I'm not so much in the dark w the 1/sq ft. One gallon pots have me a little bit on edge. Any opinions on this device?

Pandude

Pandude

Anyone using the blue lab pulse for Coco? I'm thinking about it so I'm not so much in the dark w the 1/sq ft. One gallon pots have me a little bit on edge. Any opinions on this device?
Perhaps no one has gotten back to you is due to the price of that object....$300.00 is a lot of money. I'm interested in the question and hope someone gets back to you with an opinion.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Hell yes. Considering I've always just picked up a pot to gauge WC and that's free! All this talk about crop steering in the growers community in general is giving me anxiety lol! Normally I'd never consider such a device. It sounds like something I'd use 6 x and then put down to collect dust. I've read it in more than one place about dialing in very small drybacks in coco. If there's any merit to this I'm trying to find out. Honestly I am skeptical if it can make a difference large enough for me to even care about it. I don't know. The lack of response is definitely pushing me toward I don't give a blank anymore! I almost feel a bit naive lol! Whatever about that though. I am a bit naive 😂

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

I don't think I need to dial in that tight but if there is a big enough benefit then why not. Naive me? Sure.... Lots of times 😂. I hear something enough I start to believe it. That's why I value the inputofthe good farmers here!

Unklefrosty

Unklefrosty

I'm currently using a bluelab pulse meter in coco. It needs to be calibrated to your mix...say 70/30 coco/perlite but once you do that its invaluable.

It reduces watering frequencies.
It tells you whether your issue is EC based or pH based. (by ruling out EC value)
It shows you how your EC, Moisture content and Root temps in real time.
You can basically see the plant eating the nutes or drinking only water if you keep going back to your test plants.

No more overferting, No more overwatering, No more guess work. You can look at the plant for issues, deficiency or drooping bla bla bla.....Read the values in the coco and make a call from there.

Keep in mind however, once the pots hit around 75% moisture it's time to water again or you'll start running into pH issues due to evaporation. 75% is my threshold for balance between root health and evaporation problems. Keep an eye on your room VPD (vapor pressure deficit) it plays a large part in your plants ability to transpire and dry out the medium. Too high the plants will drain all the water and leave the nutes resulting in high EC and too little and it will stay wetter for longer and probably run into overwatering issues.

Sorry for the digression, I hope this helps. :)

R

Ryan790

I'm currently using a bluelab pulse meter in coco. It needs to be calibrated to your mix...say 70/30 coco/perlite but once you do that its invaluable.

It reduces watering frequencies.
It tells you whether your issue is EC based or pH based. (by ruling out EC value)
It shows you how your EC, Moisture content and Root temps in real time.
You can basically see the plant eating the nutes or drinking only water if you keep going back to your test plants.

No more overferting, No more overwatering, No more guess work. You can look at the plant for issues, deficiency or drooping bla bla bla.....Read the values in the coco and make a call from there.

Keep in mind however, once the pots hit around 75% moisture it's time to water again or you'll start running into pH issues due to evaporation. 75% is my threshold for balance between root health and evaporation problems. Keep an eye on your room VPD (vapor pressure deficit) it plays a large part in your plants ability to transpire and dry out the medium. Too high the plants will drain all the water and leave the nutes resulting in high EC and too little and it will stay wetter for longer and probably run into overwatering issues.

Sorry for the digression, I hope this helps. :)
What's up! I know this is an old thread, but there are not many people with the pulse meter. When you are done calibrating your meter, are you getting a reading of 100% moisture on your device? I just calibrated mine for the first using 70/30 Coco in 1 gallon pots, and I am getting a reading of 26% (I followed the bluelab calibration video. Thanks

Top Bottom