Bluelabs Ppm Meter

• Thread starter LadyBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LadyBuds

LadyBuds

Testing runoff with my BlueLabs ppm meter it does not matter if I am testing ppm 500, ppm 700 or EC I am getting a reading of "0r" I have never seen this before. Has anyone else seen this before?

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

I have cleaned recal. It reads correctly in every other use but for some reason this runoff is not testing right. I think there is an issue with the ppm pen so I will go exchange it tomorrow.

mandalaman

mandalaman

Out of Range. Is it a tea brew you're testing?

Also no need to really calibrate their EC meter and unlike their pH probe it does not need to be kept wet.

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

There is some but no more than usual. I actually emailed BlueLabs to see what they say. I have not heard anything back, once I do I will post their response. I know the ppm meter does not have to be kept wet I have also cleaned it twice since the reading.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I bought an expensive name brand ph pen from a hydro store and the readings jump around and change drastically with a few drops of ph solution. I bought a two pack of etekcity ph pens from amazon for around 20$ and the first one still works great so I have a brand new replacement still in the box. They also come with a nice plastic case, calibration powders and two sets of batteries.

mandalaman

mandalaman

I bought an expensive name brand ph pen from a hydro store and the readings jump around and change drastically with a few drops of ph solution. I bought a two pack of etekcity ph pens from amazon for around 20$ and the first one still works great so I have a brand new replacement still in the box. They also come with a nice plastic case, calibration powders and two sets of batteries.
I think he's having issues with an EC monitor ... And which brand did you have a bad experience with? I've had good luck with my Bluelab Monitor thus far. It's both pH and EC

stonestacker

stonestacker

The ec of your solution is to high. try cutting the solution with ro or tap water.

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

Thanks for the advice about the pH meters if I start having issues with mine I will make sure to refer back to this thread. Everyone that took the time to read my post thank you. I found out it means over range, I am currently flushing. I will have to go back and see what went wrong because a week ago I was in range with my runoff. I had over watered by about 7 gallons last week I am assuming that was the major cause of my buildup.

I have been using the BlueLabs meters for a while I love them and would never waste my $ on a cheap meter. I know there are other good brands out there and with but Blue Labs gives me comfort with my readings.

Again thank you for your responses, I think I have it taken care of now.

Top Bottom