BmG's Hot Tub Time Machine

• Thread starter Bmg1982
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

So I bought a raging dumpster fire and in the process of building out my grow space for my personal meds.

Been growing since the late 90's as I spent most of my formative teenage years hanging around Rainbow Farms, Vandalia, MI getting schooled by some pretty good growers.

Have spent quite a bit of my time growing sticky for my local homies, in the wretched state of Indiana.

I'm a guitar and amplifier tech by day, and love my work. Nothing like restoring an old Marshall, or giving a Gibson a new life.

Fairly new around these parts, but will share my path, as i turn this shitty little place in the middle of nowhere into a respectable place to grow fire meds.

This grow is still about four weeks out as I continue to build out a proper environment.

Drain to waste works for me. I prefer to utilize tents mainly for the purpose as a buffer for smell, pests, etc. I feel they offer me more control over my environment for a smaller grow.

I'm a big fan of these 3x9 tents that have showed up on the market recently. I like to line the floors with three 3x3 low rise flood tables. I work with coco and fabric pots, and find it very convenient for runoff to all go to one spot, instead of trying to remove water from dozens of planters.

My new environment has a basement with a field tile, and plan on drilling out the tables and floor so mother nature can handle my run off instead of my shop vac.

Anyways, here's some pics of my continued mess and consider this thread a work in progress
Bmgs hot tub time machine
Bmgs hot tub time machine 2
Bmgs hot tub time machine 3
Bmgs hot tub time machine 4

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice. And you have a dream day job. I can set up and play guitars but nothing more technical. And vintage amps. I wish but too rich for me to collect.

Im in to see your progress. :-)

basscaptain

basscaptain

that's a work in process...... love Indiana place has changed in 15 yrs though........ not the small town feel anymore.......Good Luck and Enjoy.....

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Nice. And you have a dream day job. I can set up and play guitars but nothing more technical. And vintage amps. I wish but too rich for me to collect.

Im in to see your progress. :-)
I can't really afford any of the amps I really want. I've been lucky though. My two favs are my '78 Marshall JMP 2204 and a '77 Orange OR120M. Both had blown output transformers. People will generally take things in to get fixed and get quoted like $800 for the overhaul and are usually like "fuck that" I find these gems here and there for next to nothing, because people generally don't want much for broke gear.

Fellow guitar player aye? That's great, and a good setup goes a long way, will save you some time and money in the long run, and you can dial it in exactly the way you want it.

Definitely got my work cut out for me, but pretty excited about the new place, looking forward to breeding eventually but my environment is filled with herbivores outdoors so have to get all that in check. Should be a fun chainsaw weilding spring.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

that's a work in process...... love Indiana place has changed in 15 yrs though........ not the small town feel anymore.......Good Luck and Enjoy.....
Thanks man! Love Indiana as well, but the whole political nature behind cannabis is a real drag in that state. Have tons of space there, hope to use it again someday.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Pretty lame feed, no awesome cannabis graphics. Been rocking this stuff forever, I absolutely follow no directions that are printed on the labels and utilize 4 ratio and division to provide a balanced diet. Outside of the Flo+, all this stuff is cheap.

Produced the Cookies Fam Cherry Pie I shared above...

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Good gravy, a gallon of floralicious plus!
Really dig your lighting selection. Haven't seen too many people run those ceramic sodiums yet. Seems like you're pretty technically minded, I'm excited to see this come together

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Good gravy, a gallon of floralicious plus!
Really dig your lighting selection. Haven't seen too many people run those ceramic sodiums yet. Seems like you're pretty technically minded, I'm excited to see this come together
In order to grow top shelf meds it requires passion. Long before I was ever introduced to cannabis, I was always intrigued with hoticulture.

I was an aquarium geek as a child, and accidentally became a syndontis petricola breeder, which turned into projects with working with anubias and other African aquatic plants.

I keep tropical pitcher plants as well, almost as beautiful as cannabis.

I've also raised a peyote patch, talk about discipline, 15 years to yield a functional product.

Dialing in your environment is key, most of the folks that I know treat their indoor grows like a sterile lab are the ones doing some of the best indoor work out there.

I've already identified broad mites, thrips, and white flies in my outdoor environment so I have to plan my IPM accordingly. This dude doesn't play when it comes to pests. Cannabis is a real easy plant to have success with if you can keep bugs at bay and provide a balanced diet.

I only have one grow under my belt with the SE 600's. The ballasts are hot as hell so definitely need to run those remotely if using a tent.

The Ceramic HPS bulbs are a bit warm as well, otherwise I'd be running 3 of them. The Philips 315 gets used in the middle as that lamp runs real cool and helps me keep my tents in my desired temp range.

Top Bottom