Bodhi Time Bandit, Goji and Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush

• Thread starter Minitiger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

Planted my last pack of Goji on May 1, 9 of 11 sprouted. Shit, man, I might’ve only planted nine beans and got 100% germination rates, I dunno. I’ll have to check my seed stock at some point and see if I still have some Gojis in there.... I also planted the last six beans of my Goldstar f4’s from waaaayyyyy back but only one sprouted. And that one only generated the cotyledons. Didn’t have the tiny leaves. I tried to make it happen, but it was not to be, so I tossed it.

Since the Goldstars didn’t work out, I planted seven Time Bandit seeds a week after the initial grow. Let’s see how they do. All seven were above dirt within 48 hours, so that’s a good sign, I guess....

Planted the last four of my Rare Dankness Tangerine Kush freebies that I got like five years ago on May 1, too. Only two sprouted. I’ve grown that Tangerine Kush before, it’s real good weed. So I’m pretty excited about those.

Anyway, here are the babies. The nine on the left are the Gojis, the nine on the right are everything else (obviously). Let’s see what happens. Been a while since I did a full-on start-to-finish grow report. I’ll try my best to update regularly. Ain’t like I got anything else to do..... haha!

Bodhi time bandit goji and rare dankness tangerine kush
Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

I will say that something in there is just STINKING already. I’m assuming it’s the Gojis or maybe possibly the two Tangerine Kushes (maybe?) just cuz they’re slightly further along than the Time Bandits. But shit, man, something in that tray just reeks.....

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
And this is a problem? My lemongrass is stinky too, but I kinda like it.

Minitiger

Minitiger

And this is a problem? My lemongrass is stinky too, but I kinda like it.

Fuck no it’s not a problem! Haha! “Awwww, man, my weed smells too much.....” Nah, dude. The stinkier the better. I’m just saying, less than a month in and shit’s smelling like dank already. Gotta love it... I was just saying in a pm to @stanknugzz77 that I thought Goji was a little overrated, based solely on my own experience with it. But the way these seedlings are stinking, I’m thinking I may have to reconsider. We’ll see..... Long way left to go.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Its a good sign when the journey seems as or more promising than the destination. Watch your temps - looks like you may have a good phenotype to nurture there. 😁

Minitiger

Minitiger

Its a good sign when the journey seems as or more promising than the destination. Watch your temps - looks like you may have a good phenotype to nurture there. 😁

Yeah, dude, thanks for the advice. I’ll be sure to “watch my temps.”

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
On reflection, I have no idea why I put that, there.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Bruh if you can get your temps down to -40, you will surely get some purple. Maybe even some snow, depending on how much moisture is in your room. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

Bruh if you can get your temps down to -40, you will surely get some purple. Maybe even some snow, depending on how much moisture is in your room. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Seriously. I’m reading these posts in a Robot Voice. “Lower your temps.” “Your buds will purple.” “Yaaarrgghhh yaarrrggghhh yarrghhh.” You ever seen that Denis Leary routine “No Cure For Cancer”? Where he does Babe Ruth with the tracheotomy voice-box bit and holds the mic up to his neck? That’s the voice I’m reading these idiotic “Watch your temps” responses in haha!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Seriously. I’m reading these posts in a Robot Voice. “Lower your temps.” “Your buds will purple.” “Yaaarrgghhh yaarrrggghhh yarrghhh.” You ever seen that Denis Leary routine “No Cure For Cancer”? Where he does Babe Ruth with the tracheotomy voice-box bit and holds the mic up to his neck? That’s the voice I’m reading these idiotic “Watch your temps” responses in haha!
It feels like people just don't trust you when it comes o temperatures haha. I can't say that I blame them. What are ya, some kinda fucking meteorologist? You mean this very routine? Comedic fucking gold. The song at the beginning still makes me laugh my nuts off haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Minitiger

Minitiger

It feels like people just don't trust you when it comes o temperatures haha. I can't say that I blame them. What are ya, some kinda fucking meteorologist? You mean this very routine? Comedic fucking gold. The song at the beginning still makes me laugh my nuts off haha. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I know, right? I mean, I feel like I do a good job making sure my temps are good and all, but shit..... I dunno..... Maybe I’m not......

And yes, that’s the exact bit I was referencing. Classic. “This is Babe Ruth. I smoked 25 black Cuban cigars a day! Ate red meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Course, I’m dead now....” haha. So good. “Keep your temps down. Maybe your buds will purple. Yaaarrrgghhh yarrgghh yarrghhh....”

Last edited:
Minitiger

Minitiger

So it pains me to do this, but I gotta call bullshit on these Time Bandit beans.

IMG 3979

Thie above seed was sown on May 7. Look at that shit. It's just not growing. And they all look like that. Super-fucking-tiny. I already trashed two of them because they just weren't doing anything. Down to five little tiny plants that don't appear to be growing at all.

IMG 3975

The three on the left were planted May 7, the #6 in the back right-hand corner was planted May 9, the #7 was planted May 10. Pathetic. I had the same issue with Bodhi's Super Snow Lotus that I tried to grow a few years ago. Did the same thing. Sprouted and got to about the third or fourth node and then just completely fizzled out. I'm pretty irritated about this right now. I'm gonna keep them around until my next bean order arrives, which should be in about a week, but if they're not doing anything by then, I'm tossing these. What a disappointment.....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, my bad. Time Bandits are doing great. I top-dressed with a little malted barley powder and watered that in with some BioAg TM7 on June 12 and they just took off. Hit them (and all the plants) with a neem oil/K silicate/aloe foliar two nights ago, as well, and they're thriving.

Time Bandit #5:
IMG 3981

I topped that one right before I took the picture. I was thinking I may not top the Time Bandits at all, but they've really almost caught up with the Gojis and Tangerine Kushes that were planted a week or so earlier. So I topped the #5.

Time Bandit #4:
IMG 3985

Time Bandit #7 (haven't topped this one yet, not sure if I will or won't):
IMG 3988

Time Bandit #2 (not topped yet, either):
IMG 3991

Time Bandit #6 (again, not topped):
IMG 3994

Time Bandit #3, the one that was in the first shot of my last post:
IMG 3996

So I guess I have six Time Bandits left, not five. Sorry, I really don't start paying attention to my grows until they go into their flowering containers and shit. My bad. So sue me... No... Don't.... Don't sue me haha.

Anyway, yeah, things are looking much better now. One of the Gojis showed male the other day, so I put him out in the backyard to enjoy a little real sunshine before I kill him. The rest I'm still waiting on to show. From what I'm seeing so far, it looks like a lot of them are females. One of the Tangerine Kushes might maybe be a male, but it's hard to tell. I dunno what's up with my plants taking so long to reveal themselves, but I've noticed that the last few grows. It's taking until like day 50 for me to sex.

Or maybe I'm just bad at sexing haha.

Full "garden" shot:

IMG 3998

If you can't tell by now, I'm really gonna focus on the Time Bandits for this report. There's plenty of info out there about Goji, but none about Bodhi's Time Bandits. As things progress, I'll focus on each individual plant, but for now, let's talk about the Time Bandits.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, here we are at veg day 59. I transplanted what's left of the starts into seven gallons three days ago. The Tangerine Kushes all turned out male, which is a bummer, but I just got a shitload of other Rare Dankness beans so I'll have ample opportunity to fuck with their shit in the upcoming years. I did really like that Tangerine Kush, though, kinda disappointed I didn't get at least one female.

Three Gojis left and five Time Bandits, although one of the plants (I think it's one of the Time Bandits) I'm pretty sure is a male. But I'm gonna let it keep growing just to be sure. I've been fooled before.

Anyway, here's the Time Bandit #2:

Time Bandit 2 veg day 59 1
Time Bandit 2 veg day 59

Time Bandit #3 (I dunno what happened with this pic, looks like I took it underwater or something):
Time Bandit 3 veg day 59

Time Bandit #4 (this is my favorite of the plants so far; love the way she looks and just has a really good, "royal" sort of energy haha):
Time Bandit 4 veg day 59

Time Bandit 4 veg day 59 1

Time Bandit #6:
Time Bandit 6 veg day 59

Time Bandit 6 veg day 59 1

Time Bandit #7 (topped this one right after I took this pic):

Time Bandit 7 veg day 59

Time Bandit 7 veg day 59 1

So that's what's left of the Time Bandits. I'm digging them so far. Took them a while to get going, but they look good now.

And here are the three Gojis I have left. Can't believe the shitty male/female ratios. Started with nine, ended up with three females.

Goji #3:
Goji 3 veg day 59

Goji 3 veg day 59 1

Goji #5:
Goji 5 veg day 59

Goji 5 veg day 59 1

Goji #9:
Goji 9 veg day 59

Goji 9 veg day 59 1

I've grown Goji before, ordered two packs from the same source. Grew out one of the packs like four or so years ago. These are the second pack and they look completely different from my first run with them. I'll try to see if I can find any old pics to compare and contrast, just because the difference is so stark.

So, yeah, veg day 59. I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna veg them, but it's going to be at least until Friday and possibly even into next week. Probably into next week. I like to give them at least two weeks in their flowering containers before I flip. Gave them a fulvic/aloe/neem oil/K silicate foliar last night, seems like they dug it.... So after a slow start, they're finally coming along....

Minitiger

Minitiger

Okay, so I've been documenting this grow at another site, but I figured I'd finish it up here, too. I can't stand unfinished grow logs.

The Time Bandits were chopped on day 64, which was September 11. The Gojis came down six days later, day 70, September 17.

Time Bandit #2, flower day 2:

Time Bandit 2 flower day 2

Time Bandit #2, flower day 21:
Time Bandit 2 flower day 21

Time Bandit 2 flower day 21 nug

Time Bandit #2, flower day 33:
Time Bandit 2 flower day 33

Time Bandit 2 flower day 33  nug 1
Time Bandit 2 flower day 33  nug 2

Time Bandit #2, flower day 48:
Time Bandit 2 full plant flower day 48

Time Bandit 2 flower day 48

And Time Bandit #2, flower day 60 (didn't take pictures on chop day; they really didn't look any different):

Time Bandit 2 full plant flower day 60

Time Bandit 2 flower day 60 1

Time Bandit 2 flower day 60 2

Time Bandit 2 flower day 60 3

Minitiger

Minitiger

And the Time Bandit #6, flower day 2:

Time Bandit 6 flower day 2 2

Time Bandit #6, flower day 21 (just the plant shot, guess I forgot to take a closeup of this one):
Time Bandit 6 flower day 21

Time Bandit #6, flower day 33:
Time Bandit 6 flower day 33

Time Bandit 6 flower day 33 3

Time Bandit 6 flower day 33 4

Time Bandit #6, flower day 48:
Time Bandit 6 full plant flower day 48

Time Bandit 6 flower day 48 2

Time Bandit 6 flower day 48

The #6 seemed to keep stretching for at least four weeks, maybe even longer. When I took the day 21 shots, I had no problem getting pictures of the tops, but by the time I I took pics on day 33, the tops were over my head. I always take the plants out of the tent to water them, set them on a table that's about waist high. I'm 6'2" and the #6 was a decent ways over my head. Maybe six inches or so. It wasn't a crazy out-of-control stretch or anything, but it definitely stretched more than the other three TB's. It also yielded the most.

Time Bandit #6, day 60:
Time Bandit 6 full plant flower day 60

Time Bandit 6 flower day 60 3

Time Bandit 6 flower day 60 1

Time Bandit 6 flower day 60

All four of the Time Bandits grew pretty similarly, with the exception of the #6, which was slightly taller than the other three, but it wasn't an outlier freak plant or anything. It was still almost exactly like the other three, just a little taller. Yields were decent on all four. Not great, but acceptable. The smoke has turned out to be pretty much what I was expecting with this one, as far as the high is concerned. It's a lot like every other GHash cross of Bodhi's that I've grown. Classic "hybrid"-type high. First hour is up, cerebral, relatively motivating. Second hour is heavier. I sleep really well when I smoke this one before bed, just takes about an hour-and-a-half or so before I start getting tired. I like it. But only before bed. I wouldn't smoke this one any earlier than like nine or ten at night.

Smells are pretty similar on all four. Onion-y, savory, musty, vegetal and sour. But not sour like lemons or fruit. It's more like an extra-extra-extra sharp cheddar. Or really more like a gruyere. Flavor is very good. Cologne-y/aftershave-ish, soapy, very exotic.

Good plants all-around for sure. I'm definitely glad I still have five seeds of this cross.

I'll do the Goji updates in a little bit...

Minitiger

Minitiger

I guess I forgot to mention, too, that only three of the Tangerine Kushes really did anything at all. And those three al turned out to be males, which is why they're not being mentioned here. Tossed them around day 35 or 40 or so. I dunno. It was a while ago, can't remember specifics right now.

Anyway, here's the Goji #3, flower day 2:

Goji 3 flower day 2

Goji #3, flower day 21:
Goji 3 flower day 21

Goji #3, flower day 33:
Goji 3 flower day 33

Goji 3 flower day 33 4

Goji 3 flower day 33 2

Goji 3 flower day 33 3

You can see that by day 33, they were already extraordinarily frosty.

Goji #3, flower day 48:
Goji 3 full plant flower day 48

They started leaning and swaying big-time around week six, I think I staked and tied them right after I took these pics.

Goji #3, flower day 48 closeup:
Goji 3 flower day 48

Goji 3 flower day 48 1

Goji 3 flower day 48 2

Goji #3, flower day 60 (probably should've added more than one stake...):
Goji 3 full plant flower day 60

Goji 3 flower day 60

Goji 3 flower day 60 1

Goji 3 flower day 60 4

Goji 3 flower day 60 2

Minitiger

Minitiger

And here's the Goji #9, flower day 2:

Goji 9 flower day 2

Goji #9, flower day 21:
Goji 9 flower day 21 1

Goji 9 flower day 21 nug

Goji #9, flower day 33:
Goji 9 flower day 33

Goji 9 flower day 33 2

Goji #9, flower day 48:

Goji 9 full plant flower day 48

Goji 9 flower day 48 3

Goji 9 flower day 48 2

Goji #9, flower day 60:
Goji 9 full plant flower day 60

Goji 9 flower day 60 1

Goji 9 flower day 60 3

Goji 9 flower day 60 4

I guess I didn't take pics of these on chop day, even though it was ten days after I took these pictures. Oh well... They didn't look much different, either.

There are like five billion smoke reports of the Goji online, so I won't bother with that, but I will say that these Gojis do not smell like any Goji I've ever grown before, nor do they smell like any Goji I've ever gotten from a dispensary. Of course, the last time I got Goji from a dispensary was about six years ago. These smell very fruity. Not sharp like a citrus-type smell, but like a soft/earthy fruit. Really kinda blueberry. While these were drying and curing, one of them (can't remember which one offhand) reeked of artificial blueberry, which I'd never heard of before. Never heard of a blueberry Goji pheno. Now, after about a seven week cure, they've maintained that blueberry smell, but it's not as artificial. Nor is it really "blueberry" haha. It's very hard to describe, but it really kind of reminds me of Blue Dream. But not really haha. I dunno. I can't describe it, but it's a really, really nice smell...

Shit, man, maybe it's gojis...

Top Bottom