Bodhi's Staff of Life - Nectar

• Thread starter Neuro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Bodhis staff of life   nectar

So, I haven't done one of these in a while and kind of hesitate to do it, but I haven't come across anyone else who's charted this strain yet and I like it when I can see something I might want to grow beforehand. It can be hard to tell if Bodhi will rerelease seeds from the supernatural group. Just in case, I'm taking some cuts and making some beans.
Nothing special or new in the way I'm set up. 5x5, under a SpiderFarmer SE5000 with Nectar in soil. Personally, I'm never real interested in people babying their plants through germination and early veg so I'm going to begin this at the first sign of problems/pertinent issues which is where I find myself now. This strain does not like to be over fed (see below). If you think I'm off let me know, but it looks like clawing and N excess to me. I'm in 5 gal pots that I'll usually frontload with 3/4 cups of One Shot and a little bit of bokashi. I can usually feed in veg using the Bill Burns schedule with no problem. Since there's some landrace in here, I cut that in half but it looks like still too much.
Bodhis staff of life   nectar 2

Bodhis staff of life   nectar 3

These are about 5-6 weeks from germination. 12 beans. Tripped and lost one. One was a dud and one sprouted and then damped out leaving five females and four males. Most are looking like strong hybrids with some of the larger Afghan branching structure. One is a little stockier.
Bodhis staff of life   nectar 4
Bodhis staff of life   nectar 4

Sorry. Not sure why that posted twice. No strong smells from stem rubs or otherwise from most. One seems to be leaning toward the Thai side and already smells like tropical fruit and some funk. Definitely going to take a few cuts from her.
Bodhis staff of life   nectar 5

That's it for me. Thanks for taking the time to check this out. Also, being the time of year, I've started to clear out some seeds that I'm not going to get to or won't do again for a myriad of reasons. Today it's a mostly full pack of Ocean Fruit from Square One Genetics. Too much Purple Punch in that one for me. Also mostly full pack of Nana Glue from the same. Fantastic and highly recommended but I have so much crap in the pipeline. Also 3/5 Banana Buttercup s1's. All responsibly stored. If you're interested, pick a number between one and twenty. Given the season, I'll cover shipping (US only please) this round. Happy Holidays all!

Neuro

Neuro

Shoot Nana Glue is something I’ve wanted to grow out! #10 please!
Congratulations! Looks like you’re the only interest. DM me an address and I’ll get those in the mail.

Neuro

Neuro

Week three. These have a solid stretch in them, 2.5-3:1. It’s looking to me like this is not your strain if you want high yields. Across the board, all plants are showing small nuggets with a largish internode distance.

IMG 0760

I cut a lot of my N input and am seeing less tip burn but still a hell of a lot of clawing from the Bloom Khaos. These are definitely not fond of that either, even though I’m only applying it at 2.5 ml/gal. The tent smells like unwashed ass. It’s gross and kind of compelling. I’ve also got one plant showing a few of those weird leaf blades from the petiole. Kind of neat.
IMG 0758

Beazy

Beazy

Keep an eye on great lakes genetics they run a lot of specials on Bodhis beans. Can grab em for $ 45 a pack n buy 2 get 1 free alot of times

Neuro

Neuro

About five weeks into flower. Starting to stack a lot more nicely than I anticipated.
IMG 0761

I did a few soil slurries the other day and it appears I was wrong about the feeding. They definitely don’t like N or Bloom Chaos but they do like to eat quite a bit. My inputs have been over 2.2 for a while and slurries are coming in at 0.4. The smell is just getting more foul and objectionable with the exception of this girl.
IMG 0762

She just reeks of strawberry. I’m guessing a month or so left with the exception of the sativa leaner.
IMG 0763

That’s all I got for now. Hope y’all have a great weekend and better weather than me!

420pyros

Very nice. Thanks for showing/growing these out. I have a few packs of these also.

Love the smell descriptions you are giving. Sounds like all the nasty stuff coming from the Artifact dad in that cross.

That strawberry pheno sounds unique as well.

I'll be following along!

C

climbit

Wouldn’t excess nutrients impact the smell negatively? Am I tripping

Neuro

Neuro

IMG 0772
Eight weeks now. Some are cruising towards the finish line.
IMG 0768

Some are definitely going to require more than a couple of weeks.
IMG 0771

IMG 0769

I’m not sure if the Thai leaner above will make it. I’m going to need the space in a month or so. The smells are interesting. If you get down into them there’s a lot of floral notes. Back up a bit and it smells like an old grungy steam room full of fat old men the morning after a bender. This has definitely not been my best grow but I like these plants a lot. They’ve been a lot of fun.

Neuro

Neuro

Wouldn’t excess nutrients impact the smell negatively? Am I tripping
Sorry. I missed this comment earlier. I’m not thinking that these have gotten excess nutrients. They didn’t like the N but the line I use is not a N-based salt product. Finding an EC of 0.4 in my slurries tells me they’re eating like pigs and would like more. I’m usually aiming for an EC of 0.6. If the slurries had come in at 0.8 with no sign of lockout I would start worrying about cutting back the nuts.

420pyros

View attachment 2116912Eight weeks now. Some are cruising towards the finish line.
View attachment 2116913
Some are definitely going to require more than a couple of weeks.View attachment 2116914
View attachment 2116915
I’m not sure if the Thai leaner above will make it. I’m going to need the space in a month or so. The smells are interesting. If you get down into them there’s a lot of floral notes. Back up a bit and it smells like an old grungy steam room full of fat old men the morning after a bender. This has definitely not been my best grow but I like these plants a lot. They’ve been a lot of fun.
That is definitely an interesting smell profile coming off them.

Looking good, can't wait for that smoke report once they're finished. 👌

Top Bottom