Bone Meal - Powdered Vs. Liquid - Uses And Benefits?

• Thread starter Fangthane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

Yes, that's all good, but Mycos also helps the plant uptake it's nutrients easily; apparently in a more palpable form?

Since In have been using URB + HH + a mix of FF soils..the roots completely fill the 3-5 gallon cloth pots quickly and are air pruned in the process, as it is meant to be. As @3 balls said..if it ain't broke..I am not about to try and fix it. Whatever is going on..the plants have really taken to it, so I will continue until I find a better formula. ie: I never thought I would eliminate Canna Nutes..Pricey and good! Megacrop has made me a believer..cheap and good. I figure the $$ I save on Megacrop is now spent on HH and URB..LOL
I did find a cheap replacement for Nectar's liquid kelp at Kelp4less.com.
Your mention of URB sparked my interest, I found next to nothing when I searched it. I googled it and found that it is damn spendy if used as directed. How did you get turned on to it? Do you feel confident in it's benefits?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, that's all good, but Mycos also helps the plant uptake it's nutrients easily; apparently in a more palpable form?

Since In have been using URB + HH + a mix of FF soils..the roots completely fill the 3-5 gallon cloth pots quickly and are air pruned in the process, as it is meant to be. As @3 balls said..if it ain't broke..I am not about to try and fix it. Whatever is going on..the plants have really taken to it, so I will continue until I find a better formula. ie: I never thought I would eliminate Canna Nutes..Pricey and good! Megacrop has made me a believer..cheap and good. I figure the $$ I save on Megacrop is now spent on HH and URB..LOL
I did find a cheap replacement for Nectar's liquid kelp at Kelp4less.com.

I agree with if it aint broke dont fix it.

Just passing along info i have learned.

The thing about myco and fertilized containers is the myco competes with the plant. It is being fed too.

I get full root balls and big potent buds with a base grow nute only in flower.

And sometimes (i showed a pic here before) myco grows naturally just like the bennies in soil like ocean forest.

Thats why they only add it to the cheaper stuff.

No need to add to proper organic soil mix. It all appears naturally when the environment is right.

In soilless peat mix like pro mix i see how the myco inoculation can get things started.

But even pro mix says it that way.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Your mention of URB sparked my interest, I found next to nothing when I searched it. I googled it and found that it is damn spendy if used as directed. How did you get turned on to it? Do you feel confident in it's benefits?
I saw mention of it on other forums as well as recently here by @Dragonsflame in his breeding threads.
You can get a "free" sample for about $8 shipping on their site. They used to sell via ebay too, but something got them pissed and they fled to Amazon. I began with the sample..swore I would not spend the $$, but then I saw the plants (I use way less than they say), so I ordered a qt! Yikes..Now I just bought a gallon! If you hunt around a bit..you can get a gallon way cheaper than from them. I paid $129 on ebay for a gallon (3rd party) and was just told about an even cheaper price. ($about $110 I think). I don't need the yield, but it is way up as claimed by them. (no science..just by the # of jars I use on a given plant). Everything is heavier and stickier (again..no science) and the buds seem to explode during flower. (I just began using it in veg too as my Mycos has about run out (also good stuff, but not the same!).
This was last week in the flower tent.

View attachment 1-17.mp4.mp4

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Thanks a lot for that info! Just filled out their questionnaire, so I guess I'll get a shipping quote within a week or so. Being a habitual broke-ass, I'm always a sucker for a bargain.
Yeah the sample bottles give you a decent array of a full spectrum feed. I only use it as a supplement to a well balanced amended soil mix. The nutes are separated into different ratios and sources of N-P-K. There's a liquid calcium and they include a nice nitrogen booster and microbe life booster. Along with a pH up and bud booster. If you're in Coco and plan to feed, it'll do the trick. If you're in a nutrient rich soil and use it to help supplement, it'll last you many grows. I've always used it at about 1/2 strength, once a week.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I am a big fan of bone char on my farm and in my soil mixes and I go off of results only. I used to only use bone meal but when the bones are charred the P becomes much more readily available during that growing season and the high carbon seems to work magic. An interesting side note....Most granulated sugar uses bone char which is why it is not vegan

Galvatron

Galvatron

Nectar for the Gods products are made in Oregon and is run by a man named Scott Ostrander (The Beard). Their big retailer is Oregon's Constant Gardener. OCG has a guy named Bob that makes videos on their YouTube channel called "The OCGFam Show." There is a ton of info ranging from how products are produced, their philosophies, and how to apply them. If you are interested, look up Oregon's Constant Gardener on YouTube.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Nectar for the Gods products are made in Oregon and is run by a man named Scott Ostrander (The Beard). Their big retailer is Oregon's Constant Gardener. OCG has a guy named Bob that makes videos on their YouTube channel called "The OCGFam Show." There is a ton of info ranging from how products are produced, their philosophies, and how to apply them. If you are interested, look up Oregon's Constant Gardener on YouTube.
Problem is that if you use the whole line..you will need food stamps!..LOL

Fangthane

Fangthane

Problem is that if you use the whole line..you will need food stamps!..LOL
I got a reply to the email I'd sent this weekend about their free samples. For a grand total of $35 for shipping and handling, they'll send me the following:

"Our sample cases come with a quart of Gaia, Medusa, Zeus, Demeter’s, Athena’s and Herculean Harvest. As well as an 8-ounce bottle of Khaos and Olympus up. It will also include a feeding schedule."

Gotta scrape up a few more $$ to play with, but considering the rave reviews so many seem to have about their products, as well as how much any 1 of those quarts seem to cost on their own, it seems like a no-brainer.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I got a reply to the email I'd sent this weekend about their free samples. For a grand total of $35 for shipping and handling, they'll send me the following:

"Our sample cases come with a quart of Gaia, Medusa, Zeus, Demeter’s, Athena’s and Herculean Harvest. As well as an 8-ounce bottle of Khaos and Olympus up. It will also include a feeding schedule."

Gotta scrape up a few more $$ to play with, but considering the rave reviews so many seem to have about their products, as well as how much any 1 of those quarts seem to cost on their own, it seems like a no-brainer.
Last yr the samples cost $22 to ship to Nevada..LOL..

I used a few products but not all..I did settle on the Herc. Harvest as a staple though.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I am a big fan of bone char on my farm and in my soil mixes and I go off of results only. I used to only use bone meal but when the bones are charred the P becomes much more readily available . . .

Great post. I came here to say this. I roast the bones on the grill until they become brittle and break them up with a hammer. Combine it with some fish emulsion for N and comfrey for K and you've got a great all purpose fertiliizer for veg or bloom.

Top Bottom